StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Vazar, The Beast [NEW FORMS]

Quote Originally Posted by NaB3R!u$ View Post
    You looked like a counterpart to my character. Put me on the hitlist, i might battle you someday.
    B-but... I thought you said you were done animating...
    Spoiler for Info:
    SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD!

How about his tail?
    Some animal dont like people touch their tail

I am STRONGER now
    I AM BACK

Quote Originally Posted by BioMega View Post
    How about his tail?
    Some animal dont like people touch their tail
    Agreed, his tail could be a good place to target as a weak point. This is a sensitive spot for many animals.

EDIT: Also, try thinking about what kind of acid Vazar spews out. Different acids can react with certain substances and explode. For example, if fluoroantimonic acid mixes with water it will explode, but it will leave poisonous vapors which will mostly likely kill anyone in the immediate vicinity and Sulphuric acid will create steaming hot Carbon mounds that could encase and trap Vazar or even an opponent, if Vazar manipulates acid reactions properly, and release highly toxic fumes when mixed with sugar (depends on what the sugar is made from). Seeing as Vazar hates fire and obviously isn't fireproof, I think these substances could also act as a weakness for vazar if they enter his body or someone with water powers or the ability to spawn sugar were to block his acid attacks, especially as they could make him catch alight from the inside or just simply create explosions as well as releasing poisonous vapours to attack and/or kill Vazar. He's not immune to toxic gas as far as I know.
    Just something else to think about, extra weaknesses other than light to help tone down your RHG more. Especially if in an RHG battle, you or the opponent animates a fight set at night or in a dark cave/tunnel or something.

It could also be interesting to consider that certain acids like Nitric acid act as oxidizing agents to metal, in other words they make the metals rust. It would be cool against an opponent like Shuriken who is highly depending on his shurikens to deal damage, or an RHG that uses a plain sword. The more they cut/stab/slash Vazar, the more they'll begin to rust from his acid blood or whatever, giving him the advantage against opponents who rely solely on their swords/knives/daggers/scythes and have no other powers whatsoever.

EDIT AGAIN: I don't do chemistry so I don't actually know if all of this is 100% true. This is stuff I've seen in youtube videos or I've read on the internet.
    Last edited by Captainalien72; 12-04-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    "When we are at our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change."

My DeviantArt: http://captainalien72.deviantart.com/
    RHG - New Jehu: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...90472-New-Jehu

You sir, are my hero.

These ideas are great in my opinion. The tail idea is good, the problem is that this new Vazar doesn't necessary grow a tail. This tail is commonly used as a weapon, and can disappear frequently to come back again and assist him. It won't be easy to use it as a weakpoint now.

The acid concept is way more interesting. I'll admit it, I don't know anything about that so I'm just gonna trust you and reproduce what you just told me. Vazar's acid is now going to be highly combustible and will also emit a violent light when fired up, which will completely blind the creature. Since Vazar is a totally vicious character, he will try to escape, using any possible way to retreat and recover but will also panic, making him a very easy target at this point.

I also thought about diffTerent combat tools and I already used some of them in my recent animations, like the concept of the sand-shark and the burrowing ability -High 5 Rek'sai and Monster Hunter-

But a concept is just a concept and, before animating it in a real RHG fight, I must practice and try new stuffs. I think Terkoiz tutorials may help me about the fire and the light, but it will take much time to master it fully. I also asked Drone about plans, perspective and angles, and he accepted to teach me what he knows about that. I'll probably ask stuffs to Naberius is he's ok.

My new teachers are OP, I'll get better soon and you'll be proud ! 0
    Last edited by Vazar; 12-04-2014 at 02:53 AM.
    Consume and adapt...
    The Dragons are coming.

Glad I could help you out with some ideas
    Lol I edited it though, I never did Chemistry in school, I'm a film student lol. But I'm sure that my information should be accurate, mostly.
    And besides, this is RHG! no one's actually really going to care about the scientific stuff... they'll just accept it as fact if you write it in as a weakness/ability on your RHG page.

If he wears his tail on his head, he can just bob his head up and down and turn his head-tail into a head-flail. Plus, since its easy to spot, it serves double as a legitimate weakness.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazar View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

But a concept is just a concept and, before animating it in a real RHG fight, I must practice and try new stuffs. I think Terkoiz tutorials may help me about the fire and the light, but it will take much time to master it fully. I also asked Drone about plans, perspective and angles, and he accepted to teach me what he knows about that. I'll probably ask stuffs to Naberius is he's ok.

My new teachers are OP, I'll get better soon and you'll be proud ! 0
    Lol good stuff! That enthusiasm about learning and getting better. I like it
    Drone would probably never share his techniques with me, apparently he hates my guts now.

Hewitt has a valid point, but then again it's just lame to flail your head at someone.....
    JOKES!! Not when that head spews acid out! Dayum that would be awesome... but really lame and obvious as a weakness and would end a fight too quickly.

It's not lame if you don't make it lame. It's a legitimate idea. It's probably the most original thing you can ever come up with. If you can make a head-flail tail work, you'll be famous in no time. Head spits acid? No problem, just design his head in a way that his tail is always lifted up and based at the back of his skull.

And what the fuck are you talking about...ending the fight too quickly? You're rushing judgement to a hypothetical situation. If your opponent underestimates you and animates a quickie to target your obvious weakness then that's his problem---he's not going to get votes for trying.

On the other hand, if you yourself worked around such a disability in a creative manner in a setting that no one expects with a proper resolution, you will draw a crowd guaranteed no matter how stupid your power is.

If anything, from an animator's standpoint, your opponent is at the disadvantage for not trying to work around such an obvious "Flaw". The trick behind winning RHGs is to just be as creative as possible by not giving your rival-animator anything beneficial to work with
    Last edited by Hewitt; 12-04-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    It's not lame if you don't make it lame. It's a legitimate idea. It's probably the most original thing you can ever come up with. If you can make a head-flail tail work, you'll be famous in no time. Head spits acid? No problem, just design his head in a way that his tail is always lifted up and based at the back of his skull.

And what the fuck are you talking about...ending the fight too quickly? You're rushing judgement to a hypothetical situation. If your opponent underestimates you and animates a quickie to target your obvious weakness then that's his problem---he's not going to get votes for trying.

On the other hand, if you yourself worked around such a disability in a creative manner in a setting that no one expects with a proper resolution, you will draw a crowd guaranteed no matter how stupid your power is.

If anything, from an animator's standpoint, your opponent is at the disadvantage for not trying to work around such an obvious "Flaw". The trick behind winning RHGs is to just be as creative as possible by not giving your rival-animator anything beneficial to work with
    I have to give it to you Hewitt. True Wisdom. If it were me vs Vazar I'd go straight for the head though, which is why I said the fight would end too quickly.

He is right enough though, finding new and creative ways to do things and end battles or even just animate the opponent's RHG will get you crowd support. I've seen animators win RHG battles simply by animating/portraying the opponent's RHG better than they do and in a more creative way, regardless of animation length or the action action. Examples are Supranova and Avanz's battle (Styr vs The French) and Terkoiz and Drift's battle (FLLFFL vs Drifts) as well as Godmouth and Oxob's battle (Morion vs Oxob), watch both animations for each battle and you'll notice how the winners (Supranova, Terk and Godmouth) all added a little something extra to their opponents RHG. It's a stylistic trait that I too have adopted.

Wow. After reading the posts of Hewitt and Captain, I now kinda like have the urge to animate an RHG battle by making an animation that catches the crowds attention which is by making an animation by knowing the enemy's weakness and standpoints. It kinda shows of that it would be interesting to watch if both RHG's fight with a creative manner as what Hewitt said. Thanks guys for giving this kind of hint to me. Now i'm having ideas on how to make my un-original character become "original". But it would require such a very good animating experience to animate that kind of creativity. But thanks for the tips, it will help me a lot in the future. Even if it's not for me. ^_^.

Back to the topic, nice RHG Vazar. I can't believe that I still haven't commented on your RHG yet. I like the idea of what Captain and Hewitt said about the powers.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information