StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Hatest way your opponent forfeits.

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silent Treatment (you dont get informed and he disappears on you).

38 86.36%
  • Tells you outright that he gives up.

5 11.36%
  • Plays the "I'm Busy" card.

10 22.73%
  • Gives you his incomplete battle to show that "he tried".

5 11.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best RHG Battle Nobody Saw - June/July 2014

Best RHG Battle Nobody Saw - June/July 2014

This is Official now. Deadline for this thread is Aug. 7, 2014

Don't you just hate it when your opponent bails on you? All they have to do is give up, while you are obligated to finish for it to count as a win. Then you make your thread and get nothing but the appreciation of a few people who were expecting a bloodbath or something. Well, now's your chance to be redeemed. If you have in fact made something for the past few months that was a true forfeit, it will land here. Today we will decide which battle most deserved to have been appreciated.

I don't give a shit about skill levels. Do not come into this thread and vote a battle just because it was done better than the rest. This isn't a battle specifically between these users in terms of RHG skill. This is put simply, a chance for the anims that could've been to be recognized even for a bit more.

06/02/14
    Mage 101 vs SirPoopington - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8AwpV1Mrro

06/20/14
    G0Mute vs Nafter - http://g0mute.deviantart.com/art/RHG-1-462115100

06/30/14
    Hanif13 vs Ajazel - http://hanif1807.deviantart.com/art/...253A1404121848

07/20/14
    Shield n' Mirrors vs roxon2000 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WipF0a9px2g

07/20/14
    metal vs loore - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_X1L...ature=youtu.be

07/20/14
    Shield n' Mirrors vs Stickboy111 - http://saaviantart.deviantart.com/ar...USIC-461213265

07/24/14
    Dr. Breadgun vs Blaze - http://drbreadgun.deviantart.com/art...laze-470269059

07/25/14
    Fronox vs Silverbrick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R25hsLSt8Cw

We shan't be using the poll. Instead, please post in this thread with the following denominations: +3, +2, +1, 0, -1, -2, -3. It is all or nothing, meaning all entries must have a score. CNC is not necessary but could prove helpful.

Let's redeem some of the anims here, guys. Get to scoring!
    Last edited by Hewitt; 08-02-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Alrighty then I'll score it.

Mage101: 2+

GoMute: 3+ (but that intro is horribly long)

Hanif13: 0

Shield n' Mirrors 1: 1+

metal: 1+

Shield n' Mirrors 2: 1+

Dr.Breadgun: 2+

Fronox: 0

Spoiler for ~From Jombo with love <3:
    Spoiler for Concept Art:

Definitely and defiantly guilty of #4. Heck, it wasn't even an incomplete battle but rather a whackjob put together within 15 minutes.

Mage101: 2+
    GoMute: 3+
    Hanif13: 1+
    Shield n' Mirrors 2: 1+
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

I already kept up with all these battles, therefore I'm just gonna put fair scores, but I'd like to just add that GoMute made an awesome battle (since I didn't comment on his poll I just feel the need to say it out loud like this.)

Mage101: 0

GoMute: 3+

Hanif13: 2+

Shield n' Mirrors 2: 2+

Last edited by Jazzon; 07-31-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Mage 101 vs SirPoopington: -2
    G0Mute vs Nafter: +1
    Hanif13 vs Ajazel: -1
    Shield n' Mirrors vs roxon2000: -1
    metal vs lore: -1
    Shield n' Mirrors vs Stickboy111: -1
    Dr. Breadgun vs Blaze: +1
    Fronox vs Silverbrick: -1

All of these animations(Except Dr. Breadgun's and G0Mute) are really lacking in 2 important aspects:
    1.) Proper SFX.
    2.) Appropriate Music.

For pete's sake, don't just slap in a random fighting music just to have music. Sound plays a major part in animation because it gives ambiance and emphasizes actions.
    Last edited by Zero; 07-31-2014 at 08:16 AM.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

06/02/14
    Mage 101 vs SirPoopington - -1

Good start. I don't think you need cnc at the moment, just keep animating and do what looks good to you. You're not really bad, but I don't want to overwhelm you or myself by nitpicking every single problem I see. Anyways, try to make a few drills (like animating different runs, different punches/kicks/whatever) when you're in the mood to animate but don't really know what to animate. When you think you've done well go venture out into animating combos, then animating reactions, then just keep progressing. If you animate with a mouse, try making your strokes more consistent by drawing one stroke over and over and over as drills, you don't even need to use them in an animation. Like, just keep drawing c's or something, then draw I's, or whatever else strokes are more commonly used in stickfigure animation. It's like how if you want to have better penmanship, draw the stokes instead of the letters themselves. Either that, or use the line tool.

G0Mute vs Nafter - +3

The intro is ridiculously long. At least make it more exciting to look at if your reason is "music sync." Your attacks weren't flowing well, as in, the attacks didn't transition nicely to the next in the combos. You should look into stone's "Rebalanced" animation to get the feel of how a good combo looks like. See how it's not BAM---BAM---BAM, but has a little more variety like BAM---BAMBAM-BAM------BAMBAMBAM---BAM or something. Also, please don't double-frame excessively. Instead of double-framing, try making in-betweens (when you add a transitional frame between two frames, instead of just pressing F5). Next time, when you face someone who will actually finish an animation, I suggest you add a background and some sounds. Good job overall, it looks like you have already established yourself well into animating.

Hanif13 vs Ajazel - +1

I don't like your use of the teleporting thing. Don't do that as a shortcut for running or walking. The setting's cool, though it would be nicer if you went beyond using basic shapes and basic gradient coloring. Also, your facial expressions aren't really good. Don't do too much dialogue, and when you do, please make sure the grammar is correct and the fonts and colors are readable. I have nothing else to add, just read what I said about the first anim and it would apply. Keep progressing!

07/20/14
    Shield n' Mirrors vs roxon2000 - +2

Definitely needs work on the background. Also, don't do faces. I actually liked some of the attacks here though, props to that. See my cnc at the beginning.

07/20/14
    metal vs loore - -2

There was barely any animation on this one. Don't do the "superspeed" thing as an excuse not to animate a run or a walk.

07/20/14
    Shield n' Mirrors vs Stickboy111 - +2

I actually really like some of the scenes here. There's a lot of creative ones, and although not delivered that nicely, I could still see what you were trying to show. Your facial expressions look better than most I've seen here, but try not to use them too much. You should definitely try to better your backgrounds, but I liked the three statues. Cool idea.

My main problem with this is the lack of regard for physics and its rules. "Hurr durr zeta style" isn't a valid excuse. Try to get the hang of basic physics first before copying that style.

07/24/14
    Dr. Breadgun vs Blaze - +1

Take out the music at the preloader please. I liked the robot vision stuff you did. My main problem is the backgrounds. Cool ideas too. See my previous cncs because a lot of them apply to you.

07/25/14
    Fronox vs Silverbrick - -2

I liked the floor idea. There's really nothing much on this one. Read my cncs above.

Honestly, i dont rly like the rating like this. I cant give the different animations points from bad to awesome if I dont know how much time they had for the animation, maybe add this information in the topic. e.g., i had only 8 days for my animation (Fronox vs. SilverBrick, that's me ;D), just feel unlucky to see it under this aspect in direct comparision to the other parts.

No Rating from my side.

Mage 101 vs SirPoopington: +1. A decent battle. Left a bit to be desired, but still nice.
    G0Mute vs Nafter: -1. Intro was unbearably long.
    Hanif13 vs Ajazel: +2. A great battle, in my opinion. Loved the suspense and facial expressions, and the fight itself was pretty fun to watch!
    Shield n' Mirrors vs roxon2000: +2. I loved the fight sequence and choreography! The music wasn't too bad, either.
    metal vs loore: -1. It left quite a bit to be desired.
    Shield n' Mirrors vs Stickboy111: +2. It's never too easy to follow along when someone enters another gladiator's mind, but once you do, it can quickly turn into a bucketload of AWESOME.
    Dr. Breadgun vs Blaze: +2. I love some of the unique content added like the robot vision. It certainly gave the whole animation a special kind of epic feel.
    Fronox vs Silverbrick: +1. A short but brutal fight.

Well, I think that I've said my piece.
    Spoiler for Info:
    SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD!

Quote Originally Posted by Fronox View Post
    Honestly, i dont rly like the rating like this. I cant give the different animations points from bad to awesome if I dont know how much time they had for the animation, maybe add this information in the topic. e.g., i had only 8 days for my animation (Fronox vs. SilverBrick, that's me ;D), just feel unlucky to see it under this aspect in direct comparision to the other parts.

No Rating from my side.
    I know how it looks, but you're not really suppose to take the scores as something you use in comparison with the rest. Theyre more of "where you stand" and hopefully the cncs can help as well.

Im just sick of forfeit threads not getting the attention they deserve. I am as of this writing petitioning with stone for a temporary period where I can hold events like these every 1 or 2 months wherein the top rankers get 1.5 wins instead of 1, round down That means, if you by any chance get shafted twice, then your win count shall be 3 instead of 2.

also thanks to everyone who has cnc'd thus far. Smile, that was surprisingly wordy. I didn't expect you to say anything short of "i have no right to"

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    I didn't expect you to say anything short of "i have no right to"
    Hah I forgot to add that in the last part, to be honest.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information