StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Hatest way your opponent forfeits.

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silent Treatment (you dont get informed and he disappears on you).

38 86.36%
  • Tells you outright that he gives up.

5 11.36%
  • Plays the "I'm Busy" card.

10 22.73%
  • Gives you his incomplete battle to show that "he tried".

5 11.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best RHG Battle Nobody Saw - June/July 2014

My animation got onto here? Wow, my opinion my animation sucked a**! I rushed through it, backgrounds were poor. Plus, I accidentally animated it on the wrong fps! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by DrBreadgun View Post
    My animation got onto here? Wow, my opinion my animation sucked a**! I rushed through it, backgrounds were poor. Plus, I accidentally animated it on the wrong fps! lol!
    don't be too hard on yourself. It looked pretty neat in all honesty. Maybe you can try to touch it up now that you don't have any deadline to chase.

I just got stone's approval. And I make it official later in another thread, but for now: the Top 3 scorers of this thread WILL get an extra battle point of 0.5 (Rounded down). I know that's practically nothing at this point, and some of the users here might never read this, but this basically means that, if you actually finish despite forfeits consecutively, you actually gain an extra point for every other match that is forfeited.

Moreso, this even is now Official. That means that, from now on, there's going to be a monthly or bi-monthly (depending on the number of battles) poll where the forfeits are ranked accordingly.

So right now, the users in bold:

GoMute: 12 (but that intro is horribly long)
    Dr.Breadgun: 10
    Shield n' Mirrors 2: 7
    Shield n' Mirrors 1: 6
    Hanif13: 5
    Mage101: 2
    metal: -1
    Fronox: -2

Are eligible for that 0.5 addition to their current battle record if no one else will rate the anims for this whole voting period. Should they find themselves facing another user who forfeits, they will get a bonus 1 point upon posting their finished anim.

This thread's rating period will last a week, so the actual deadline is August 7, 2014

Remember, you can give any rating to the anims here a +3,2,1 or a 0 or -3,2,1

I am really liking this. It means that even if your opponent forfeits it won't discourage you from continuing RHG battles. Also you will see who is dedicated to actually finishing RHG battles and can increase the amount of complete battles.

This might just breath life back into RHG.

Spoiler for ~From Jombo with love <3:
    Spoiler for Concept Art:

Yeah I really appreciate Hewitt doing this for those guys, so I'll try my best to help out by doing some cnc's. It would be awesome if more of the experienced animators partake too, because I'm sure they have way more insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Yeah I really appreciate Hewitt doing this for those guys, so I'll try my best to help out by doing some cnc's. It would be awesome if more of the experienced animators partake too, because I'm sure they have way more insight.
    Alright. Zero will try his best because Zero wants to help too.

Zero likes talking in 3rd person.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

So thats it? Seriously? I put up a poll there and 30 people voted. Where are these 30 people now?

Mage101: +1
    GoMute: +2
    Hanif13: +2
    metal: 0
    Dr.Breadgun: +3
    Fronox: +1
    Shield n' Mirrors #1: +1
    Shield n' Mirrors #2: 0

Lurking I guess, they don't have much to say. Meanwhile I'll explain my thoughts on my poll choices:

The silent treatment won over simply because RHG battles are (kinda) coordinated activities. Communication between them is important, the participants need to coordinate with each other and check their statuses. Going silent leaves the other person hanging and the waiting time is drawn out. The "I'm Busy" shtick is similar to the above but at least you have a line of communication, of course most of the time he's just delaying it. The end result is still the same.
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

The poll is just there to entice you to rate

So Rate the Users lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information