StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tun3's Animation Thread

Tun3's Animation Thread

So First Off Ill Be Using This Thread For My Animations.

Cnc Is Greatly Appreciated Plz
    Last edited by Tun3; 03-17-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Spoiler for spoiler:

Your animations would benefit greatly from adding in additional frames to your movements and working on the "realism" of your movements. It's a little short so there's not much else I can say about it.
    Nice work tho, keep at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
    Your animations would benefit greatly from adding in additional frames to your movements and working on the "realism" of your movements. It's a little short so there's not much else I can say about it.
    Nice work tho, keep at it!
    More frames ? I've been adding alot of inbetween frames and a few doubling framing. I think adding more will slow it down imo. But ill take your advice . Thnx
    Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Tun3 View Post
    More frames ? I've been adding alot of inbetween frames and a few doubling framing. I think adding more will slow it down imo. But ill take your advice . Thnx
    When you stop thinking this way, then your easing and flow will improve
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

The stickman's torso and movements were very stiff and snappy. you should add more frames inbetween and ease out the movements. the transition between the attacks was too quick and seemed to just "snap" to the next pose. also, the ending, did he put his foot in his face?
    edit: nvm, i just read the combo. that was supposed to be an upper kick. even if it was physically possible to kick at a 90 degree angle like that, it wouldnt actually hit anyone, unless somebody was sitting on his head. the angle of the upper kick should be somewhere around 50 degrees, and the torso should also bend back a little bit.
    Last edited by DuckBeak; 09-03-2014 at 03:39 AM.

SSC Entry (old). Didn't get accepted into the collab. http://lonelyp00l.deviantart.com/art...ntry-514633402
    Spoiler for spoiler:

"Senpai Notice me" XDDD
    this sentence will always make me laught!

Thnx. Glad you liked it.
    Spoiler for spoiler:

I think the main problem with the first 3 attacks were the stiffness, some areas could require some in between frames to make it smoother and help with the deceleration.

But the main thing that I disliked about the animation was the final "Upper Kick", the kick happened almost out of nowhere, the movements from the side kick to the upper kick were extremely fast and were hard for me to grasp exactly what you were going for with the transition from side to upper kick. However, I find it hard to understand how the upper kick could be effective if their was an opponent beside him. The side kick would have knocked him far enough away (judging by the length his leg is stretched doing so) that his opponent would not have been anywhere close to him when the upper kick was performed for it to cause any actual effect.
    Also damn, he's gotta have some flexible legs to reach that far.

Anyway, the first 2 hits were decent, the 2 kicks following could have been a lot more fluid, less nonsensical and the whole thing could have been a lot less stiff. Good luck with future practice, hope this helped

RHG:

Spoiler for fun time:

In between frames again, huh? I see your point about the upperkick, too. I guees i need more practice. I'll keep your advice in mind & thanks for commenting : )
    Spoiler for spoiler:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information