StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Yeah, I've got some pics and some vids. I guess I'll dig them out of my camera and computer and post them here (if I remember). He build the car himself from scratch, too. OH, and he's eighty years old, doing this drag racing.

He's one helluva guy.
    Wow
    btw I thought drag racing was illegal or something. Is it like an annual event there?

Has anybody here successfully learnt (or learning) the Japanese language? I had tried in the past but my practice slowly died down lol. I've heard it's the toughest language to learn, or was it Chinese?
    Last edited by S.A.; 09-09-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    ⇑ By, Zero.
    🔥The Lighter of TOXIGEN🔥
    'tis the one and only
    Agmus Flames

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
    Wow
    btw I thought drag racing was illegal or something. Is it like an annual event there?

Has anybody here successfully learnt (or learning) the Japanese language? I had tried in the past but my practice slowly died down lol. I've heard it's the toughest language to learn, or was it Chinese?
    Apparently Mandarin Chinese is the hardest to learn, followed by English.

Yes, English is the second-hardest to learn.
    Spoiler for old stuff:

Dead on Arrival TheLordAndSavant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ActiveFirewall View Post
    People who have been speaking it their entire lives makes plenty of mistakes, and a great amount of people don't even know all the basic rules. This isn't even mentioning the plethora of exceptions to rules, rules, and contradictions of the English language. I believe it.

Feels amazing knowing that, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLordAndSavant View Post
    People who have been speaking it their entire lives makes plenty of mistakes, and a great amount of people don't even know all the basic rules. This isn't even mentioning the plethora of exceptions to rules, rules, and contradictions of the English language. I believe it.
    Was that a typo? If so
    Awkwaaaaaaaaaard xD
    ⇑ By, Zero.
    🔥The Lighter of TOXIGEN🔥
    'tis the one and only
    Agmus Flames

Quote Originally Posted by TheLordAndSavant View Post
    You are legitimately the first person to believe me when I say that
    Spoiler for old stuff:

You are legitimately the first person to believe me when I say that
    http://list25.com/25-of-the-most-dif...n-the-world/5/
    http://en.people.cn/102774/8399030.html

Five seconds hit me up with this. Iono if this is trustworthy but it doesn't look like it's the second hardest. Definitely hard, but...

From what I've heard, seems like the difficulty stems from the amount of fucking up the language we do rather than its' complexity. We slur almost everything, we brake most of the basic rules of the language while speaking, and we use so many nonsensical sayings it's almost a surprise anyone outside the US understands us. That being said, it may be my bias but it doesn't seem that hard to learn at a basic conversational level. Chalk it up to harder-than-normal work, but 90% of the kids in my middle school in Mexico could speak English almost fluently. They were missing some vocabulary, but that's to be expected.

Side note -- When did we regain the ability to delete posts?, and why has the general discussion been moved down?
    Last edited by Bluvarth; 09-09-2016 at 01:31 PM.

~ Le internet dude ~
    ~ Drop kicking baby seals ~

Things that make me way more angry than they should: Lunch meats.

Why is it that some collosal nig nog at the deli has always managed to get the stack of perfectly cut meat placed into the ziplock bag all jostled and fucked up? I understand we aren't machines but I expect my lunch meat to have less folds than origami and all they have to do is not force it in there like fumble fucks. But no, zero effort so the lunch meat resembles a babies paper plane attempt.

See, when lunch meat is stacked right and simply slid into a bag that accommodates its size, it's smooth and easy to peel off.
    But now my turkey is a shredded fucking mess! FUCK! I'm just trying to pull a slice of it out of the bag but goddamnit it's so folded up it wont peel it all just rips in your hands like fucking tissue paper. GRRRRRRRRR!

Why even slice it up so finely if it's just gonna get ruined a few moments later by an inept food worker mashing this shit into a bag like a retarded kid mashes the square piece into the circle hole?

What a goddamn waste.
    Last edited by Vorpal; 09-09-2016 at 01:56 PM.

haha what the fuck, how do they struggle with that? all the meat is stacked when it gets sliced.

I mostly get salami and pepperoni though, not exactly the most foldable of the lunch meats

Apparently Mandarin Chinese is the hardest to learn, followed by English.

I don't know where you guys are coming up with this stuff, certain languages are more difficult to learn depending on what your native tongue is, there's no such thing as one universal "hardest language to learn"
    Last edited by Exile; 09-09-2016 at 04:16 PM.

English is easy with Reverso. Please don't kill me.

Thread Information