StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

@charry post here whatever he pm'd you

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    @charry post here whatever he pm'd you
    *checkmated* Haha
    Well, the link I sent her was in my country's currency. Here's a link with $ currency!
    ⇑ By, Zero.
    🔥The Lighter of TOXIGEN🔥
    'tis the one and only
    Agmus Flames

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely true. Although I don't have a way to prove it, I can promise that I will put a lot of effort into making the vlogs because I'm really inspired by Casey Neistat and have a dream of reaching that point of success and talent. So you have my word for it.
    This sounds more like a sudden burst of motivation to do something rather than a lifelong dream of yours (Granted, I don't even know you that well).

Whilst this isn't necessarily bad, it's just unreliable for us to give (or donate) you money for something as vague as this. Donations work because there are people who want to be a part or help out on the cause which they find interest in and for your case, sad to say that none of the 2 major reasons fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    This sounds more like a sudden burst of motivation to do something rather than a lifelong dream of yours (Granted, I don't even know you that well).

Whilst this isn't necessarily bad, it's just unreliable for us to give (or donate) you money for something as vague as this. Donations work because there are people who want to be a part or help out on the cause which they find interest in and for your case, sad to say that none of the 2 major reasons fit the bill.
    This is actually a passion that I realized recently because of which it may seem like a sudden burst of motivation. But I've been fascinated by Casey's videos for a long time now and I did like movie/video making even before I landed upon his YT channel.
    This love for movie making was one of the factors that got me into animating. But to me, animating doesn't feel as flexible because I want to work with real life people and places. Also, there's the huge time factor involved in animating.
    Though you do have a valid point, there could be people out there who had a dream similar to mine but can't achieve it anymore due to immutable reasons and I guess they are one source of possible donors for me. Whatever the case may be, I know I will appreciate any contributions from anybody willing to help!
    ⇑ By, Zero.
    🔥The Lighter of TOXIGEN🔥
    'tis the one and only
    Agmus Flames

Honestly though I'm pretty sure everyone here would buy winrar first before giving you money.

Kickstarter works because you need to already have something to convince people to give you their money. They also make sure that investors get something in exchange for their money to increase support. What you're doing is begging for money.

Flip burgers or something instead of begging the internet for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Kickstarter works because you need to already have something to convince people to give you their money.
    Hey guys I'd like to make my first potato salad can I have 10$ please.

I'm looking for money to start a business myself, but before I go asking people, I'm looking into what all I need for it, getting advice, and looking into art grants and other resources. If your first instinct is to ask for money on an animation forum with a targeted demographic being teenagers and young adults, I dunno what to tell you.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I'm looking for money to start a business myself, but before I go asking people, I'm looking into what all I need for it, getting advice, and looking into art grants and other resources. If your first instinct is to ask for money on an animation forum with a targeted demographic being teenagers and young adults, I dunno what to tell you.
    lol no actually, just wanted to spread the word here too.

btw I have applied for various internships which would provide me with some income, so this is like a backup plan or something. If it kicks off, it's amazing but if it doesn't, I'm prepared for that too.
    ⇑ By, Zero.
    🔥The Lighter of TOXIGEN🔥
    'tis the one and only
    Agmus Flames

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
    lol no actually, just wanted to spread the word here too.

btw I have applied for various internships which would provide me with some income, so this is like a backup plan or something. If it kicks off, it's amazing but if it doesn't, I'm prepared for that too.
    Ah well, it can never hurt to have a lot of backup plans.

Good luck with your journey man.

True that, thanks bro.
    ⇑ By, Zero.
    🔥The Lighter of TOXIGEN🔥
    'tis the one and only
    Agmus Flames

Thread Information