StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorNoob1 View Post
    Hmm... I'm thinking something in my mind... Should we have a thread about Fashion or something?
    black dad hat, white long line shirt, gold necklace, olive bomber jacket, black levis 511, stan smiths

/fashion thread

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    Does anyone actually know whether you would feel pain before you died if you died from the fall?

Because it feels like you would.

But then, people who have survived a heart attack have said it was the worst pain ever, so that would also cause issues.

I'm mainly thinking about minimal pain here(although I think that is the question, so that is kind of irrelevant).

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Pain is subjective, attempts at comparison end up being down to personal opinion/genetics. I stub my toe without shouting in pain but a girl at my school might be traumatized for life.
    Last edited by devi; 02-26-2017 at 09:26 AM.

If you hit your head first you probably wouldn't feel anything. Not so sure what it would be like if you landed legs first or on your chest or something. I'd imagine you'd suffer a lot of pain then die a little bit later (actually there's probably a good chance you might survive if you land legs first). Then again the huge amount of adrenaline pumping in you might override that.

I'm sure the fear of hurtling quickly towards the ground is probably the worst part though (unless you survive).

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    yeah, isn't there a thing? like, you don't die if you land on your legs(splayed horizontally, not pencil jumping) if you jump from 150ft minus.

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    If you hit your head first you probably wouldn't feel anything. Not so sure what it would be like if you landed legs first or on your chest or something. I'd imagine you'd suffer a lot of pain then die a little bit later (actually there's probably a good chance you might survive if you land legs first). Then again the huge amount of adrenaline pumping in you might override that.

I'm sure the fear of hurtling quickly towards the ground is probably the worst part though (unless you survive).
    I'm assuming that if you had had a parachute in the first place then you were already falling from a pretty high place. From the sky I mean. So you wouldn't survive whichever way you fall.
    Sig Filler

Spoiler for words of wisdom by our fellow members:

You die from hitting the ground because your velocity stops too suddenly. The ground immediately ceases all velocity of your body, causing your body to, well, collapse and die. If you're falling from the sky, you need to gradually lose velocity while falling in order to not die. Spiderman learned that the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by theTDguy View Post
    I'm assuming that if you had had a parachute in the first place then you were already falling from a pretty high place. From the sky I mean. So you wouldn't survive whichever way you fall.
    I have no idea what you just said.

I mean that you wouldn't survive the fall. Whether you land with your head or legs you wouldn't survive falling from a high place. And I assumed based on Vorpal's question that you fell from the sky by sky-diving since he mentions that you have a parachute.
    Sig Filler

Spoiler for words of wisdom by our fellow members:

what are you smoking bro that was a pretty coherent sentence besides the two hads

Thread Information