StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

yeah we met at boot camp........u were the cute girl....with the nice hair.......while i'm the guy who fell off a tree
    うずまきナルト Uzumaki Naruto

Just when you think you've seen it all, there's always some crazy hybrid newbie that comes along and wows you.

Dude you should take a screen shot of this post and look back on it in like 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Just when you think you've seen it all, there's always some crazy hybrid newbie that comes along and wows you.

Dude you should take a screen shot of this post and look back on it in like 4-5 years.
    yeah I can't... BELIEVE IT...

So, what happened to Tsang? He left?
    Lotus holding tryouts! come and give it a shot! ↓

~ have you ever dreamed so high in the sky that you doubted your wings could reach those clouds? ~

The Extra-Extraordinary Mustika's Avatar
    I suppose you can still find him around IRC. He might still be there.

DeviantART |RHG - Battle #1 done | osu!
    Spoiler for I got stamped as SP's Official Counter. Yay?:

Quote Originally Posted by SUPA View Post
    yeah we met at boot camp........u were the cute girl....with the nice hair.......while i'm the guy who fell off a tree
    I'm not sure why but I lol'd at this.

Certified Piece of Shit Externus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred View Post
    I'm called that because it's my username. But they call me Swagmaster Flex because of my overwhelming superiority.

Anyway, I'd like to ask everyone if they'd be interested in being updated on a film project I've been working on since June. We're releasing the first of six episodes tomorrow, so if you guys are interested, I can start up a thread. Here's a trailer:

Judging strictly from this trailer, I have some things I really want to stress to make your productions seem less amateur-like.
    1) GET. MORE. LIGHTS. Seriously, everything is underlit and needs significantly more lighting. Understand how light works. Learn how and when to mix different types of lightings, such as natural light vs synthetic.

2) Camera. Get a better camera guy or camera work. Learn how to incorporate dollys and pans to make things feel more smooth as opposed to everything feeling like a tripod shot or just a handheld camera. This can also be done in post, but learn when to maneuver the camera to make things feel more natural and less clunky. Learn how to white balance and how to expose all your shots in the correct way. Learn about colors and how important they are. This is a huge learning process and it's a big responsibility not only on the camera man, but also the director. This is really important.

3) Acting. The director should be telling these actors how to act their lines out. For instance, in scenes with high intensity, tension, or even emotion, don't let words and lines come out one at a time. Let there simultaneous speaking. People don't speak one at a time with exact pauses. Tell every actor to scream as loud for a good 5 seconds before having them act any lines. Don't be afraid of changes in volume. Every movement in that trailer felt unnatural. They shouldn't be making movements because it's in the script, but because these lines are now their mentality. It's their persona. They FEEL this way. They ARE this way. When there's tension, he shouldn't be tight because there is tension, he should be tight because he's scared. He should do all subtle movements that a person in a scared or tense situation makes. In fact, look at this for more advice on acting/line reading:

4) Makeup and wardrobe. First, throw more make up on the guys. The guys need make up. All of them. They look really inconsistent and flushed out, with weird shiny skin and creasing foreheads. Secondly, the wardrobe. The guys are all wearing like fuckin $5 plain T-shirts and gives the impression of being some college film. The women feel like they're dressing to impress and be ready for a real gig while the males seem like they recorded in what they were wearing to bed. Balance your visuals.

I'm sorry for being a critiquing asshole, but this is just some of the huge flaws I often see in new film directors and producers. It helps a lot to make these small changes.
    When petitioners used to come for information to the table at which I sat, I used to grind my teeth at them, and felt intense enjoyment when I succeeded in making anybody unhappy. I almost did succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPA View Post
    Well that was an interesting story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    You'll never make it with an SP social career if you don't know who Charry is by now.

Adding on to Externus's input:

I have no idea what it's about Sacred. I also had a somewhat hard time listening and understanding the narration because of the echo effect it had.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

Yay, no school.

Time to be bored for nine hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    Because Caelo is like an episode if House. She follows a structure.

Arrive in style ----> Demand attention ---> Get too much attention ---> Waves off attention like she never demanded it ---> Notices attention flagging ---> Demands more attention ---> Gets more attention ---> Leaves.

You should enroll into more classes if that's the case.
    Spoiler for Earnings:

Thread Information