StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

Banned
    Hey guys! My entry for the SPAC-VGP just came out today!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5NK0wv5BQ

This one's for the oldies still here. Cheers!

Jeff must have been so helpful with his instructions

On an actual critic note, good job on this. The animation and background bled in well with chess game, having a very simple style much like chess. The comedic attempts you had were quite enjoyable, not to mention that the story you made was nice. Not only was it nice on its own merit, but it really stands out from the rest of the entries so far. I think the biggest problem I had with it however was the sound design. Some sounds didn't even feel like they matched in with what was happening, especially that whooshing sound effect when he was just moving around. Like fucking hell, everything else is so quiet then that sound comes and gives me a heart attack. The music is... well... I dunno. I'm sure some enjoyed it because it was a song they enjoy, but I really didn't think they fit in at all with the video itself. It just felt so out of place in a generally quiet and monotone animation.

I'll do a more in-depth analysis if you want of course, but overall, you did really well!
    Last edited by devi; 11-15-2016 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost10114 View Post
    That sightstone part tho. Meta too strict?
    You don't know how important vision is. Even if your teammates lack map awareness, you should still have wards and yourself be aware of the map. Your job as a support is to peel and assist kills, and vision is in both parts.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    Jeff must have been so helpful with his instructions

On an actual critic note, good job on this. The animation and background bled in well with chess game, having a very simple style much like chess. The comedic attempts you had were quite enjoyable, not to mention that the story you made was nice. Not only was it nice on its own merit, but it really stands out from the rest of the entries so far. I think the biggest problem I had with it however was the sound design. Some sounds didn't even feel like they matched in with what was happening, especially that whooshing sound effect when he was just moving around. Like fucking hell, everything else is so quiet then that sound comes and gives me a heart attack. The music is... well... I dunno. I'm sure some enjoyed it because it was a song they enjoy, but I really didn't think they fit in at all with the video itself. It just felt so out of place in a generally quiet and monotone animation.

I'll do a more in-depth analysis if you want of course, but overall, you did really well!
    Of course I'd want a more in-depth analysis. I will do anything to improve my skills. Anything.

Thank you for the C&C though! Yes, I do agree with those faults. Truthfully, I got lazy around 3/4's in editing out the sounds (I edited out the volume of all SFX to match with the ambiance) since, well, it just gets so demotivating when you reach past the 11,000th frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Of course I'd want a more in-depth analysis. I will do anything to improve my skills. Anything.

Thank you for the C&C though! Yes, I do agree with those faults. Truthfully, I got lazy around 3/4's in editing out the sounds (I edited out the volume of all SFX to match with the ambiance) since, well, it just gets so demotivating when you reach past the 11,000th frame.
    I'll be sure to get you one by the start of next week. Think I might do a video going through everything and then linking it to you, so I'll be sure to do my best.

Its perfectly understandable, even with something you can be so passionate about you slowly lose your energy. Of course, do keep in mind that good sound design can make an animation a whole lot more attractive to, well, anyone really, and can mean a lot in future animation competitions for that extra edge over others.

Holy shit I'm 7 minutes into a stick animation and there hasn't been a single fight scene, this is awesome

I feel like there's some pacing issues (lingering a bit too long on certain moments without any real payoff for the wait) but holy shit I just got to the 9 minute mark, that music kicking in during the pawn massacre was hilarious. Could have finished stronger I think but overall that was very very good, take note animators. This is the sort of thing we need more of, not more fucking combos

anyone likes my sign
    I made it myself and that unit is animated too

Yes, I do like it. Very well done.
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

I am officially a Ritz-Carlton employee. I have all of the hype. All of it. Nothing can bring me down right now.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

congrats Azure! what position did you end up in?

Thread Information