StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

Boyyyyy have things changed around here. Almost didn't find this thread.

Watching all these serial/spree killer shows, I wonder how anyone could be surprised that anyone has murdered anyone anymore.

I think it's sheltered people that still get surprised about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex-Predator View Post
    I think it's sheltered people that still get surprised about that.
    Like oh how could these two beautiful and popular teenage girls murder their best friend with knives?

"We didn't want to be friends anymore."

Everyone acts so shocked but I didn't even bat an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Everyone acts so shocked but I didn't even bat an eye.
    I was more like "soooo, what's new?". And while I'm aware that makes me sound like a dick,
    it's just that I've seen and heard about more fucked up things than people killing for an actual reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex-Predator View Post
    I was more like "soooo, what's new?". And while I'm aware that makes me sound like a dick,
    it's just that I've seen and heard about more fucked up things than people killing for an actual reason.
    Seems like the closer you are to someone the more likely they are to be your murderer or victim.
    After all, it's usually through social connections that the killer is found. Since most killers have discernible motives. Usually killers are raising HUGE red flags that everyone around them either refuses to acknowledge or don't care enough about until it's too late.

But it's the killers that will kill without a human motive that are really chilling. To kill, not because of some hot passionate rage or deep festering hatred and other trips of the ego. But killers that select their targets and tactics based on a whim, on an instinct they have. Killers that do it because it's what they're good at, like it's what they're born to do.
    Killing for amusement essentially, or because it's what they are and what they do. Blood artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    But it's the killers that will kill without a human motive that are really chilling. To kill, not because of some hot passionate rage or deep festering hatred and other trips of the ego. But killers that select their targets and tactics based on a whim, on an instinct they have. Killers that do it because it's what they're good at, like it's what they're born to do.
    Killing for amusement essentially, or because it's what they are and what they do. Blood artists.
    I know it's probably odd, but what do you think some of the least common red flags are?

Yeah I agree, it's those that kill without any discernible motives that are most chilling or killers that just kill on convenience because they got the urge and some poor soul just happened to be walking on the same side of the road at 11PM. Anyways nowadays it seems like "Killers that do it because it's what they're good at, like it's what they're born to do" are totally gone. I mean look at what happened in Germany, what kind of category would you put that killer in?

Godwin's law.
    Yeah, hate to give him any credit but Hitler really is #1 on the scoreboard as far as that's concerned. The sheer insanity of it all, to think that so many people could get roped into it. It's a cultural paradigm shift of the phenomenal variety.

But what do I know, perhaps what happened in those times wasn't so far-fetched all things considered.

Least common red flags, that's an interesting question and I'm not sure. I've known people that I'm certain have the capacity for great destruction, but I'm not sure any of them are murderous. After all, what makes me uncomfortable is totally okay to some people.
    It's a sort of double edged question. The more I think about what uncommon queues people may give off socially could be, the more I have to acquiesce to my undoubtedly flawed judgement and blatant hypocrisy.

I can say that I haven't been murdered yet, having made friends from many walks of life. I like to think my intuition with people is pretty keen, so here's a few of the things I don't like. Not necessarily in relation to murder.
    People that have no respect for physical boundaries I almost never hang out with. I'm pretty sure most guys hate being manhandled, but it's never surprising when one of the people that are all happy go lucky with their physical contact are willing to ball up their fists on you.
    People that justify primary dimensions of prejudice have proven they're capable of killing for the most irrational reasons. This includes anyone from any demographic, age or race.
    Narcissists are a definite red flag for me too, even if they are actually really sexually attractive. I get flexing in the mirror after you worked out or whatever, but people that post videos or photos talking about how fabulous they are. They often expect the world to fall at their feet, which sucks because it often does. But if they don't get what they want, oh boy.
    Nihilism, is another one. I actually dislike my own deep sense of nihilism and find most optimists endearing. Nihilism is often in the belief that nothing matters. Think about it, nothing matters. If this is taken to the extreme, things get fucking ugly.
    A little bit of nihilism can be healthy though, like grating a little fresh ginger into a whole pot of soup.
    Last edited by Vorpal; 07-23-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Wouldn't want too much ginger in my soup or the cops would come knocking on my door.

Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    Wouldn't want too much ginger in my soup or the cops would come knocking on my door.

Thread Information