StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

I think the fact I don't plan to ever watch Breaking Bad is the reason I've not actually been spoiled on Breaking Bad.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Watch Breaking Bad first.

Follow it with The Wire, Sons of Anarchy, The Shiled, Dexter and Justified.

When you're done with that, watch House of Cards.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

Shouldn't it be the other way around. Set your expectations low so your mind can still be blown by the next?
    Spoiler for Earnings:

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Shouldn't it be the other way around. Set your expectations low so your mind can still be blown by the next?
    None of these are setting your expectations low. They're ALL amazing.

Breaking Bad will set the tone for the awesomeness that is to follow. House of Cards will bring it full circle by restoring your mind, and then blowing it again.

I already watch Dexter. Have seasons 1-6 on DVD.

Also, finally changed my sig after quite some time, because I'm boring.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Kite View Post
    I already watch Dexter. Have seasons 1-6 on DVD.

Also, finally changed my sig after quite some time, because I'm boring.
    I've watched it too. You really should watch Breaking Bad instead of being a dick about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nish View Post
    None of these are setting your expectations low. They're ALL amazing.

Breaking Bad will set the tone for the awesomeness that is to follow. House of Cards will bring it full circle by restoring your mind, and then blowing it again.
    Usually I tend to watch shows while playing some games on another window. I feel that shows like the Wire, Shield and House of Cards require a greater deal of attention otherwise by the end of the episodeyou have to end up googling what shit is what. Theres also quite a bit of terminology that made the watching experience kind of stop start, but that's probably because I don't read. Note I've just dipped my toes into these shows and haven't watched them extensively.

As for Breaking Bad and SOA. I would have to say that I enjoyed Breaking Bad more. It had more memorable scenes which I can seperate in my head into a timeline whereas right now SOA is a blurry blob. This can be however due to the number of episodes per season.
    Spoiler for Earnings:

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Usually I tend to watch shows while playing some games on another window. I feel that shows like the Wire, Shield and House of Cards require a greater deal of attention otherwise by the end of the episodeyou have to end up googling what shit is what. Theres also quite a bit of terminology that made the watching experience kind of stop start, but that's probably because I don't read. Note I've just dipped my toes into these shows and haven't watched them extensively.
    Ok, then I'm the wrong person to chip in to this conversation. I strongly hate the concept of doing something else while watching intelligent movies or TV shows, but thats just me. If you're going to do something, do it well, even if it is just watching a movie.

I admire these shows for not dumbing things down, but then I ask the question: does it seem more intelligent because I don't understand 3/4 of their sentences or because of the actual writing? Do you think these shows expect viewers to understand everything the moment they are shown or is research a necessary component of fully understanding and hence enjoying these shows?
    Spoiler for Earnings:

The massive popularity of these shows would indicate that if you pay attention to them, you can understand them. Some people prefer watching them with subtitles so they can understand the dialogue a bit more. But there is no point in watching a show WITHOUT paying attention to it, and then questioning whether or not they are accessible to a full understanding.

It depends on what you mean by research also. I didn't understand that point you raised. Do you mean you actually had to read up on chemistry to understand Breaking Bad?

Thread Information