StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

  1. #149531
    Keikaku means plan Devour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Find me for top tier Devour treatment ;)
    Posts
    9,910
    I do have to say it's unfair to expect Mark to react rationally to religion being questioned though. I was the same way, and raised in a strong Christian family my whole life. Even thinking to question whether or not God is real is terrifying and your brain just stops itself in its tracks. It goes against your entire life and what all your most respected peers say and believe in. Not to mention the fear of Hell is scary.

    But it doesn't change that if Hell exists, God doesn't

    Quote Originally Posted by _Ai_ View Post
    I dont see God as a loving figure. He's just someone so powerful who can do what he wants and we can't do anything about it. Shrug.
    In all religions he's said to be a loving figure though. If he's actually not, then they must be wrong

    Maybe you'll find peace one day. The best way to live is the way that you believe is right. If you're pretending to follow a lifestyle because of fear of the consequences, and not because you actually are that person, don't you think that a god would see right through the act? I think that if people just try to live good lives, any deity kind enough to create a Heaven for humans to live in would let good people in with them.
    Last edited by Devour; 02-05-2016 at 10:20 AM.

  2. #149532
    doing my rubesty _Ai_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,253
    Yes Devour, exactly.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:



  3. #149533
    yolo >o> Mark XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    4,577
    @devour, ok, i'll respond to it,
    and i'll quote scriptures to
    hell was created for satan and his angel, hell wasn't created for man, satan corrupted man with sin, and we deid, so because we then died in sin, we could not enter in to heaven. God does not count time as we do, a day to good is a thousand years to us, man has since live the approximate age of 120 years since the change/new testament because sin was great on the eart and Jesus had to come a stop it.
    roman 6:23for the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternel life through jesus christ our lord.
    roman 5:12 wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

    then Jesus brought forgiveness by deing for us
    roman 5:21 that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might the grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jeses christ our lord.

    but lets not forget the love of God, e loves us and would never do all those bad thing to us, it is satan.
    Roman 8:18 fro i rekon that the suffering of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    you see, "not worthy to be compared with" so stop questioning God.

    romans 8:24 for we are saved by hope; but hope that is seen is not hope; for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
    "8:25 but if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,...
    John :16 for god so love the world that he gaave his only begotten Son, that whosoever belieth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    john 15:13 greater love have no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends


    Spoiler for stuff:


  4. #149534
    Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark XD View Post
    you know what, all i'm seeing is bunch of guys, pweny guys, on laptops, questioning God, this is pathetic
    its like i'm trying to get to feed a child carrot soup, and he refuses tp even taste it to see if they like it, he just keep pushing away the spoon away with another question

    why do i have to eat it,
    -its good for you
    but why is it good for me
    -because its a vegetable
    but why do v...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark XD View Post
    @devour, ok, i'll respond to it,
    and i'll quote scriptures to
    hell was created for satan and his angel, hell wasn't created for man, satan corrupted man with sin, and we deid, so because we then died in sin, we could not enter in to heaven. God does not count time as we do, a day to good is a thousand years to us, man has since live the approximate age of 120 years since the change/new testament because sin was great on the eart and Jesus had to come a stop it.
    roman 6:23for the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternel life through jesus christ our lord.
    roman 5:12 wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

    then Jesus brought forgiveness by deing for us
    roman 5:21 that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might the grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jeses christ our lord.

    but lets not forget the love of God, e loves us and would never do all those bad thing to us, it is satan.
    Roman 8:18 fro i rekon that the suffering of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    you see, "not worthy to be compared with" so stop questioning God.

    romans 8:24 for we are saved by hope; but hope that is seen is not hope; for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
    "8:25 but if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,...
    John :16 for god so love the world that he gaave his only begotten Son, that whosoever belieth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    john 15:13 greater love have no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
    Thank you for not refuting any of the points logically and throwing a tantrum (or quoting scripture that only goes around in circles and clears nothing up), thus automatically conceding defeat for your argument and your repulsive interpretation of God.

    Quote Originally Posted by _Ai_ View Post
    I guess I can't really understand how atheists think just yet I guess. I don't really see why are you eager to turn people with beliefs to people without them. Let them be. If they don't harm you, don't harm them lol.
    Whats with you recently? From that earlier 'procreation' comment a few days ago to this, you've made some bewildering statements. Are you thinking before you speak?

    a) No one is here turning anyone. We're simply asking for logical statements and we're not getting them. I'm not saying you have stop believing in anything. I'm just asking you as a human being with the capacity to think to admit that you're disengaging yourself from that capacity when you choose to believe that fairy tales are real.

    b) Lets say there was a football team called "The XYZ Team" who lost every match. Every single match. Suddenly, a friend of yours on a forum pops up and says "XYZ is the best football team in the world". Wouldn't you ask him WHY he thinks that? Or at least, I have no problem with people supporting XYZ but you must be open to criticism if you choose to support something that has no logical or rational basis. Why is it that EVERYTHING in life must be based on logic EXCEPT religion? Give me an answer. My allegiance is not to athiesm but to the fundamental realities of conversation. If someone tells me something foolish, how is it 'conversion' on my part if I point out that it is foolish?

    c) People like Mark XD could one day grow up to have control over other people in a job or in life. Do you not want to point these things out to them now itself so that hopefully when they develop a faculty for reasoning as they grow up, they may ponder these things? He is clearly a victim of some kind of family or pastoral propoganda. It is because of people like YOU who don't want to speak to them and reason with them, that they grow up to be the kind of person who votes for Donald Trump.

    d) It is idiotic to say "don't talk to them about religion as long as they don't harm you". By the time it gets to a stage where they DO harm you, its too late to talk to them. So of course you must talk about this to them before they get to the harming stage. I can't reason with Mark XD when he is an adult and he is forcing this tripe down the throats of his own kids and family, so we might as well at least point out certain logical flaws now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    - I don't know who this smile is, but it sounds like that guy at the party who walks in the door and yells something random that is somewhat on topic and then leaves.
    We have lots of people like that and Smile is their patron saint. Also, I don't know why debates prevent coexistence. I think they enhance it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    You can go fuck yourself
    Wow, is this the first time I've seen you swear in an argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    Thats a terrible fucking example, if no one asked why vegetables are healthy then no-one would eat them because nobody would know if it was healthy or not because no one would be inquisitive enough to find out more about it. Curiosity is never a fault, it can change lives, families, countries and sometimes even the world. It's blindly following what the older say that holds people back from growing and developing into people that they wanted/wished to be.
    Mark XD wants you to eat vegetables without examining them, studying them or discerning their qualities.

    Quote Originally Posted by _Ai_ View Post
    Yes Devour, exactly.
    You're contradicting yourself now. He told you not to believe in something purely out of fear, which you admitted to doing earlier and your response now is "Exactly".
    Last edited by Not_Nish; 02-05-2016 at 10:31 AM.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

  5. #149535
    Bright side of Darkness Zman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Between two Realities
    Posts
    615
    @Not-Nish not debate in general. But how it can lead to separation if someone makes it personal.
    "I can draw, I can write, I can debate, but I chose to Animate"

    ~Z

  6. #149536
    Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    @Not-Nish not debate in general. But how it can lead to separation if someone makes it personal.
    Yes. It can if the person takes it in the wrong spirit. But is that the kind of person you want to be friends with in the first place? Someone who insists to you that the Sky is green even when you point the sky out to them and say 'its blue'? I mean, after a point, you'd give up on them, but would you mourn their loss if the debate breaks off the friendship?
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

  7. #149537
    Just below good Bluvarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mystery Land
    Posts
    337
    Hmmmmmmm religion... Guess I'll throw in my two cents.

    Actually no, you guys are scary and my battery is low. I'll be lurking

    And holy shit so many people on the thread right now >:O

    ~ Le internet dude ~
    ~ Drop kicking baby seals ~

  8. #149538
    Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluvarth View Post
    Hmmmmmmm religion... Guess I'll throw in my two cents.

    Actually no, you guys are scary and my battery is low. I'll be lurking

    And holy shit so many people on the thread right now >:O
    I'd hate to be thought of as 'scary' at a time like this. I honestly encourage you to express your opinion, its nothing personal, its just an exchange and clash of ideas that sometimes get heated up. We'll go back to making fun of each other's moms in no time. For example, I still love Ai.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

  9. #149539
    yolo >o> Mark XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    4,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    Mark XD wants you to eat vegetables without examining them, studying them or discerning their qualities.
    no no no meng, thats not tru, God wants you to eat vegetables, so you will live, satan wants you to examine it forever, so you will never get an answer and die of starvation and go to hell
    forgive me, but i'm question your intelligence nish


    Spoiler for stuff:


  10. #149540
    doing my rubesty _Ai_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    11,253
    He edited his post, i was agreeing to his upper half of the post.

    Not to say i dont agree with the rest mind you. My thoughts arent really strong; if i think someone is right, then i'll agree.

    Also in case you didnt notice, the precreation comment had an invisi-text under it; i thought it meant sex. Harhar.

    It kinda seemed to me that you were mocking me for not being an atheist even when i'm not religious. So i assumed you wanted me to become one, hence the post. It seems like you didnt intend it to be like that, so it's aight. A blunder on my part.

    Cant really address c and d in your post. You're probably right, but I feel it's not right to do so. It's like saying everything he knows is a lie... it would be a crushing realization, no?
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 15 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 15 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •