StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    You don't need to go to law school for that, anyone who has seen Hollywood movies knows what that is.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

Pleading the 5th also only works in USA. It refers to the 5th Amendment of the Constitution.

Assuming everyone is from the United States is a big stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantha View Post
    Pleading the 5th also only works in USA. It refers to the 5th Amendment of the Constitution.

Assuming everyone is from the United States is a big stretch.
    LOL, sorry...although I'm pretty sure that Z is American.

Let me rephrase that, then:

"You do know law school teaches us about refusing to answer an question in either the positive or negative sense?"

That's more generic and international.

EDIT: Also, people know what it is, but the meaning behind it is something many people don't take into consideration -- aka, that 87% of the time that strategy is used when the truthful answer is in the negative sense.
    Last edited by Alphaeus; 02-10-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    I didn't say I don't get the appeal, I just think it's ridiculous to tell someone you're an ESFP or something so that he can know you better as a person. I'm not saying I don't get the appeal, I actually like taking personality tests. Hell I'd read the personalities of people that I already know, but I'm not going to rely on it if I want to know more about a stranger. Something that I thought Alpheus said, which he then clarified to not be the case.
    Also you're acting like this is just some shitty 5 question quiz on facebook that tells you what marvel hero you'd be. The typology was theorized by Carl Jung a man that was an expert in many fields; such as psychiatry, psychology, psychotherapy and analytical psychology. And let's not forget the founders of Myers and Briggs, Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers were both well educated.
    It's certainly generalized and to be taken with a grain of salt, but let's not pretend this has no stake just because we don't like to be itemized.
    And believe me I do understand that, after all, the INFJ is the rarest type. I've had people try and categorize me my entire life.

I go to law school. That's not what it teaches.

Please add "people who have read any remotely legal based novel ever" to the list of people who know what the 5th is without going to law school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantha View Post
    I go to law school. That's not what it teaches.
    Perhaps not your law school. There are hundreds of them, each with their own alignment.

That's just statics from a speech I heard a few years back on campus by Michael Farris (A constitutional lawyer who has done many supreme court cases, founded HSLDA and Patrick Henry College, and was once on the list of Top 100 people to Know in D.C., been on CNN as a guest leading the opposition to a UN treaty, etc...so he knows his stuff). The results of cases where people have pled the 5th (or otherwise made evasive neutral answers) prove the guilt of said person 87% of the time.

Just saying.
    Last edited by Alphaeus; 02-10-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

I think her point is only Law schools in AMERICA teach that and there are thousands of Law schools outside America and thousands of members on Stickpage outside America so it wouldn't be accurate to simply say 'law school'.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    I think her point is only Law schools in AMERICA teach that and there are thousands of Law schools outside America and thousands of members on Stickpage outside America so it wouldn't be accurate to simply say 'law school'.
    Okay, I can understand that. Sometimes I forget to clarify about nationality on forums like this. That does play a huge part.
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Perhaps not your law school. There are hundreds of them, each with their own alignment.

That's just statics from a speech I heard a few years back on campus by Michael Farris (From the Pentagon, founded HSLD and Patrick Henry College, and was once on the list of Top 100 people to Know in D.C.). The results of cases where people have pled the 5th (or otherwise made evasive neutral answers) prove the guilt of said person 87% of the time.

Just saying.
    You mean statistic? Yep, pleading the 5th is a mere defense tactic.

I don't recall defense tactic ever being stressed upon here, because procedure law isn't so performance and rhetoric-based as the one in the US. There's not a jury to convince.

In any case, it's not something to drag into a stick animation forum. I don't see how would it be ever relevant here, unless you're just trying to show off.

Thread Information