StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Actually I don't have my knives here in colorado, just my hand folded carbon steel sword.
    I instantly feel bad for you, and simultaneously, deeply jealous.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Dead on Arrival TheLordAndSavant's Avatar
    I have a nice silver butterknife. And a set of throwing knives, DIY'ed because I'm too poor to buy real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Edit: Oh that nagi is beyond sweet. It's actually a common misconception that naginatas were intended as pole arms, when the truth is they're forged and used quite like a sword. Very unique weapon, you should learn some forms for it.
    I can see the similarities betwixt the thai blade you posted and the famous japanese weapon.
    Yeah, I originally thought it may have been a variation of the Naginata, but looking over one and the Thai Nagi Sword, it looks like it draws more inspiration from the Chinese Guan Dao. Not to say that you're not still correct that they're used more closely like swords than true polearms, but misconception or not, it's true that given the length of the shaft, they don't function as true swords. It'd be better to think of the style as a hybrid, or an in between, really.

Yeah the naginata is like if the polearm had babies with a katana.

Thanks for reminding me, since it's spring now I'll probably be picking up 32 sword form again, so I got out and polished off my sword "it actually has to be maintained or else it will tarnish"

It's a hand and a half sword for dueling, think somewhat smaller than a claymore. Small enough to be wielded by one arm in case you lose an arm during battle, yet large enough to take full advantage of a two handed grip when shields are forbidden.
    Only my sparring partner would have known it was my fortay, making it the most personal gift I've ever been given.

Personally, I have a deep love for combat daggers and one handed swords. I've also some interest in hand axes. I believe I picked up my hobby/collecting from my mother, who has more pocket knives and hidden knives than she can count, and it just evolved into a love of all bladed weapons. If somebody actually bought me any, we'd be friends for life, very likely. I remember I used to take some kendo training, but the dojo closed. I mentioned before that there was a place around here that taught Aikido, and I'm still interested in taking it up when I get proper free time, likely next year or so. School and a job make for a lack of proper free time in which to take up martial arts. If it were just one or the other, that'd be a different story.

Certified Piece of Shit Externus's Avatar
    i love all stickpage mods including azure
    When petitioners used to come for information to the table at which I sat, I used to grind my teeth at them, and felt intense enjoyment when I succeeded in making anybody unhappy. I almost did succeed.

Externus is my spirit animal.
    Yo yo yo, wassup, my name is R-Dizzle-Fo-Shizzle-My-Nizzle-Off-Da-Hizzle...Drizzle and check out my "Off Da Hizzle" Youtube Channel.
    Spoiler for SE stuff:

Certified Piece of Shit Externus's Avatar
    i guarantee you he's gonna ban me for this or give me an infraction you watch fam
    When petitioners used to come for information to the table at which I sat, I used to grind my teeth at them, and felt intense enjoyment when I succeeded in making anybody unhappy. I almost did succeed.

I think if Azure learned martial arts he could become a proper samurai warrior.

I wish my friend Zach had a stickpage account because he himself is a collector of bladed weapons and excellent at sharpening.
    "I can draw, I can write, I can debate, but I chose to Animate"

~Z

I'm just going to leave this here.
    Last edited by Apex-Predator; 03-11-2016 at 03:58 PM.
    Deviant || Youtube || Livestream || Twitch || Forum Avatars
    Quote Originally Posted by Triss View Post
    Watch out mang, Apex turned on his butthurt hulk mode.
    run bitch run

Thread Information