StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

And now I've got a quote of Nish quoting me. Today is turning out alright. Would be a lot better if I wasn't still writhing with anger over my "required reading" for a course.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Is this your business course on the side?
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

It's an ILS course, since I'm officially working on my business degree. It's called "Earth in Peril," which means that the core focus of the course is meant to be about researching and understanding the issues we face with our world due to issues such as overpopulation, depleting resources, etc. I'm forced to take this class, had nothing else I could take in place of it, and since it was writing intensive, I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

A novel I'm required to read for the class, called "My Year of Meat," is quite literally third-wave feminist trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    I agree, which is why I felt the anime could have focused on the more important elements, like the satire elements you pointed out than the combat elements. To be honest, it works much better as a satire of the superhero lifestyle rather than a satire of superhero narrative because the fights are so limited. I don't mean to make this sound like a gripe though, which is what it might come across as. Its just that the elements of the anime that focus on parodying the Superhero life and politics were SO entertaining that I wish there was more of it.
    Personally, it really doesn't matter to me which direction it's going to take, because I'm sure it's going to be funny either way. Maybe I'd lean a bit more towards it staying how it was where it left off in the anime (i.e. lots of fighting) just because of how amazingly animated the fights are.

And although I do acknowledge your point in how it could be more entertaining in the way you described, it could also become too much of a serious deconstruction and less of a funny parody. I mean, nothing wrong with that, but again it's not what OPM is.

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    It's an ILS course, since I'm officially working on my business degree. It's called "Earth in Peril," which means that the core focus of the course is meant to be about researching and understanding the issues we face with our world due to issues such as overpopulation, depleting resources, etc. I'm forced to take this class, had nothing else I could take in place of it, and since it was writing intensive, I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

A novel I'm required to read for the class, called "My Year of Meat," is quite literally third-wave feminist trash.
    Haha just ride it through man. I don't envy you at all. The one thing I don't miss about school or college was the fact that students were forced to do shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Personally, it really doesn't matter to me which direction it's going to take, because I'm sure it's going to be funny either way. Maybe I'd lean a bit more towards it staying how it was where it left off in the anime (i.e. lots of fighting) just because of how amazingly animated the fights are.

And although I do acknowledge your point in how it could be more entertaining in the way you described, it could also become too much of a serious deconstruction and less of a funny parody. I mean, nothing wrong with that, but again it's not what OPM is.
    Stfu Smile, what do you know, you Filipino piece of trash? Stop being a critic and start being Smile already, make a few penis jokes.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    Haha just ride it through man. I don't envy you at all. The one thing I don't miss about school or college was the fact that students were forced to do shit like this.
    It's quite literally the first time I've hated a book, and I think it's because it's pushing a narrative very hard through demonizing an entire culture (Japanese), while having nothing to actually do with Earth being in Peril, the goddamn basis of the class.

So I just got a bunch of inboxes (a while ago, but I am dumb and didn't check) from a user named Krishna, now banned. Anyone know who they were? Oldie member I'm assuming. I'd search for info myself but I'm a 76 year old man at navigating this website.

Oh shit, Soli's back. Also, it was just an oldie going trolling, nothing to worry bout, it's waaaaay old news now.

ayyyy. which oldie though?

No idea, personally. Devour might know since he was mentioned (if I remember correctly).

Thread Information