StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

  1. #151821
    Skull Enforcer Azure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    8,579
    And now I've got a quote of Nish quoting me. Today is turning out alright. Would be a lot better if I wasn't still writhing with anger over my "required reading" for a course.

    Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

  2. #151822
    Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,838
    Is this your business course on the side?
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

  3. #151823
    Skull Enforcer Azure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    8,579
    It's an ILS course, since I'm officially working on my business degree. It's called "Earth in Peril," which means that the core focus of the course is meant to be about researching and understanding the issues we face with our world due to issues such as overpopulation, depleting resources, etc. I'm forced to take this class, had nothing else I could take in place of it, and since it was writing intensive, I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

    A novel I'm required to read for the class, called "My Year of Meat," is quite literally third-wave feminist trash.

    Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

  4. #151824
    Junior Memeber Smile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    5,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    I agree, which is why I felt the anime could have focused on the more important elements, like the satire elements you pointed out than the combat elements. To be honest, it works much better as a satire of the superhero lifestyle rather than a satire of superhero narrative because the fights are so limited. I don't mean to make this sound like a gripe though, which is what it might come across as. Its just that the elements of the anime that focus on parodying the Superhero life and politics were SO entertaining that I wish there was more of it.
    Personally, it really doesn't matter to me which direction it's going to take, because I'm sure it's going to be funny either way. Maybe I'd lean a bit more towards it staying how it was where it left off in the anime (i.e. lots of fighting) just because of how amazingly animated the fights are.

    And although I do acknowledge your point in how it could be more entertaining in the way you described, it could also become too much of a serious deconstruction and less of a funny parody. I mean, nothing wrong with that, but again it's not what OPM is.

  5. #151825
    Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    It's an ILS course, since I'm officially working on my business degree. It's called "Earth in Peril," which means that the core focus of the course is meant to be about researching and understanding the issues we face with our world due to issues such as overpopulation, depleting resources, etc. I'm forced to take this class, had nothing else I could take in place of it, and since it was writing intensive, I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

    A novel I'm required to read for the class, called "My Year of Meat," is quite literally third-wave feminist trash.
    Haha just ride it through man. I don't envy you at all. The one thing I don't miss about school or college was the fact that students were forced to do shit like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Personally, it really doesn't matter to me which direction it's going to take, because I'm sure it's going to be funny either way. Maybe I'd lean a bit more towards it staying how it was where it left off in the anime (i.e. lots of fighting) just because of how amazingly animated the fights are.

    And although I do acknowledge your point in how it could be more entertaining in the way you described, it could also become too much of a serious deconstruction and less of a funny parody. I mean, nothing wrong with that, but again it's not what OPM is.
    Stfu Smile, what do you know, you Filipino piece of trash? Stop being a critic and start being Smile already, make a few penis jokes.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

  6. #151826
    Skull Enforcer Azure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    8,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    Haha just ride it through man. I don't envy you at all. The one thing I don't miss about school or college was the fact that students were forced to do shit like this.
    It's quite literally the first time I've hated a book, and I think it's because it's pushing a narrative very hard through demonizing an entire culture (Japanese), while having nothing to actually do with Earth being in Peril, the goddamn basis of the class.

    Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

  7. #151827
    SPP Token Junky Fuckstick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    2,002
    So I just got a bunch of inboxes (a while ago, but I am dumb and didn't check) from a user named Krishna, now banned. Anyone know who they were? Oldie member I'm assuming. I'd search for info myself but I'm a 76 year old man at navigating this website.


  8. #151828
    Skull Enforcer Azure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    8,579
    Oh shit, Soli's back. Also, it was just an oldie going trolling, nothing to worry bout, it's waaaaay old news now.

    Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

  9. #151829
    SPP Token Junky Fuckstick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    2,002
    ayyyy. which oldie though?


  10. #151830
    Skull Enforcer Azure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    8,579
    No idea, personally. Devour might know since he was mentioned (if I remember correctly).

    Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 14 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 14 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •