StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

Hey guise

Hey captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    See what I am saying at this moment? These are my words. See how I said without quotations? That means all these words I am saying are mine and the quote that is within quotations is not mine.

(That's also why the '~Z' is BELOW the quote and not next to it)
    And why would you put yout initial in your sig if the quote isn't yours? Like where have you seen someone put their initials on quote that they got somewhere else.
    Last edited by Drizzle; 03-29-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    Yo yo yo, wassup, my name is R-Dizzle-Fo-Shizzle-My-Nizzle-Off-Da-Hizzle...Drizzle and check out my "Off Da Hizzle" Youtube Channel.
    Spoiler for SE stuff:

See what I am saying at this moment? These are my words. See how I said without quotations? That means all these words I am saying are mine and the quote that is within quotations is not mine.

(That's also why the '~Z' is BELOW the quote and not next to it)
    I'm not sure why you're still talking about this. Quotation marks are used TO QUOTE, and putting your name after the fucking quotation is like quoting YOURSELF, which in itself is already pretty stupid, but then putting someone else's quote inside those quotation marks AND THEN putting your name right after, makes it look like you're trying to tell people that this quote is something you said.

Quotation marks don't mean you didn't say what's inside, it just means you're quoting something that's been said, either by you or by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    It's a shame Undertale got spoiled for you TD guy. Most of the magic is not having any expectations.
    Oh. I actually delibarately spoiled muself with genocide because I wouldn't play it. The other paths were a blast though!
    Sig Filler

Spoiler for words of wisdom by our fellow members:

Google hangouts is fun and easy to use in my opinion.
    I agree. My friends and I still use G+ sometimes for fun. Mostly because they don't have Skype.

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    I put the "~Z" because

1) it's how I write the first letter of my name
    2) shows anything said above without quotations is my words

It's not meant to claim the quote itself but I guess my different perception from the traditional way it is seen would count as plagiarism

Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

Fucking geology can suck it.

Grant says:
    we're looking for ways to make character development a focus in the story
    so we killed your sister

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    I'm not sure why you're still talking about this. Quotation marks are used TO QUOTE, and putting your name after the fucking quotation is like quoting YOURSELF, which in itself is already pretty stupid, but then putting someone else's quote inside those quotation marks AND THEN putting your name right after, makes it look like you're trying to tell people that this quote is something you said.

Quotation marks don't mean you didn't say what's inside, it just means you're quoting something that's been said, either by you or by someone else.

Again, initial is under it, not beside it or directly after it. There ya go.

Also I hate losing things in the process of moving. I hope we don't lose a cat... Again. This house is also going to cause me permanent toe bleeding due to so many things I can stub them on. I stubbed it on the entrance to one of the doors inside and now part of the nail broke of my toe. Besides these minor problems the house is great!
    Last edited by Zman; 03-30-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    "I can draw, I can write, I can debate, but I chose to Animate"

~Z

Sophisticated Perversion Not_Nish's Avatar
    Again, initial is under it, not beside it or directly after it. There ya go.
    Even if the initial is under it, if there is no source beside it or directly after it, it means that the initial under it is meant to be the originator. Google 'famous quotes' on Google Images and a vast number of them have quotes and the name under it.

I'm not entirely sure why you're debating this point and claiming innocence. One of the most endearing attributes about you as a member so far is that you have been reasonable, willing to learn and socially likeable. You're squandering all three of these positive aspects with your dogged insistence in this matter, especially with lame excuses like "I didn't mean it that way".

There is no way anyone with more than a 50 IQ could be tricked into thinking that you didn't intend on passing that quote off as your own. You wrote the quote and put your name under it (and now you're saying that since you didn't put it BESIDE the quote, you didn't claim ownership). You also specifically SAID "I wrote my signature" (and tried to pass it off saying you meant that you simply TYPED it and not WROTE it).

Just admit you made a mistake and move on. Justifying this or making half-hearted attempts at proving that you didn't get caught plagiarizing is only making you look bad, dude.
    Last edited by Not_Nish; 03-30-2016 at 06:41 AM.
    Spoiler for Random Charry Ownage #17:

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Nish View Post
    Even if the initial is under it, if there is no source beside it or directly after it, it means that the initial under it is meant to be the originator. Google 'famous quotes' on Google Images and a vast number of them have quotes and the name under it.

I'm not entirely sure why you're debating this point and claiming innocence. One of the most endearing attributes about you as a member so far is that you have been reasonable, willing to learn and socially likeable. You're squandering all three of these positive aspects with your dogged insistence in this matter, especially with lame excuses like "I didn't mean it that way".

There is no way anyone with more than a 50 IQ could be tricked into thinking that you didn't intend on passing that quote off as your own. You wrote the quote and put your name under it (and now you're saying that since you didn't put it BESIDE the quote, you didn't claim ownership). You also specifically SAID "I wrote my signature" (and tried to pass it off saying you meant that you simply TYPED it and not WROTE it).

Just admit you made a mistake and move on. Justifying this or making half-hearted attempts at proving that you didn't get caught plagiarizing is only making you look bad, dude.
    Guilty (sorry that I made it short but I'm in a morning rush. Yes Nish I made a mistake, you called me out, thank you for that so I don't have to make the mistake later and have worse consequences due to it not being someone chill like you, be back in several hours)

Can anyone help me in shrinking an image so I can use it as my sig?
    Spoiler for my drawing:
    Last edited by Zman; 03-30-2016 at 10:01 AM.
    "I can draw, I can write, I can debate, but I chose to Animate"

~Z

Thread Information