StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: The Chat Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarii View Post
    That's what Ive been doing. But still, they will not let me. Which is really unfair.
    Maybe you should drop the "it's mine" part, that just makes it sound rude.

Grade VII? Pffhahahaha, feels good not to be part of the K+12 addition thing. (which is a moot point now that I'm already in college)

Anyways, for one you can't eat toy cars; two, you're not getting a return from your 'investment' in any form whatsoever; and probably three, the cars aren't tied to any dead family members. Lastly, I assume you've already grown too old for those and if they won't let you then maybe they are the ones owning the car. If persistence fails, find something else to donate because it's flat-out impossible. Oh, and your sister's a dick and a maldita asswipe. Animation has a lot of uses considering that it was my research topic last year, from advertisement to conveying messages. (Yeah I probably answered that question wrong)
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTempest View Post
    Grade VII? Pffhahahaha, feels good not to be part of the K+12 addition thing. (which is a moot point now that I'm already in college)
    Gah, lucky you.
    Anyways, for one you can't eat toy cars; two, you're not getting a return from your 'investment' in any form whatsoever; and probably three, the cars aren't tied to any dead family members. Lastly, I assume you've already grown too old for those and if they won't let you then maybe they are the ones owning the car. If persistence fails, find something else to donate because it's flat-out impossible.
    But they say it would be a "collection", for what? What good can a collection do? I dun care if it costs 99 pesos when i bought them, I just want to make the needy children happy. But they won't let me, and only my toy cars are the ONLY childhood buddies i have. What else can i give? Pencil? That doesnt sound very precious. Notebook? Well yeah I can include that.
    Oh, and your sister's a dick and a maldita asswipe. Animation has a lot of uses considering that it was my research topic last year, from advertisement to conveying messages. (Yeah I probably answered that question wrong)
    Good sir, i'd just call her a dick. Not a maldita asswipe. Just a dick.
    But yeah, that was a dick and maldita move for her to say. I was insulted for that. I BADLY wanna kick her so hard in the shins and punch her for that. But what can i say? She's my sister. I have no chance of winning against her, she always fight back with weak points. So yeah, I'd just shut up.

Whoops, well that's what I get for staying up late. Shouldn't you also be asleep? A good night's rest will help sort things out and refill your resolve. Imagine waking up to the glorious sight of the Chat Thread growing twenty new pages while you're gone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTempest View Post
    Whoops, well that's what I get for staying up late. Shouldn't you also be asleep? A good night's rest will help sort things out and refill your resolve. Imagine waking up to the glorious sight of the Chat Thread growing twenty new pages while you're gone.
    Id expect some helpful advice or bullshit rants.
    Anyways, the bazarre'll be today till 25th. Idk if I can still give some things in the 24th. I guess youre right. It's St. Paul's Days nao btw.
    Night bhoi

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarii View Post
    In my school, we grade VII are holding a charity bazarre, in which we will sell our precious special items from the past to charity, with the prices cut to 85% discount, and what I have, is Hot Wheels. They are toys, they made my childhood. I've been always talking with them since kinder (don't get me as a mentally retarded guy, i have always been like this). They are my most precious things ever.

But I don't get it. What's wrong with donating my 34 (100pesos) hot wheels cars to charity? What's wrong with it? My sister and my parents does not want me to sell them for the charity bazarre, what's wrong? Is it because all the 3,400 pesos will be lost?

They say it will be a collection. Collection. What good can it do? Remind you of precious memories. Yes. But you can still be reminded anytime with it, even without them. Why do they not want me to give my precious toys away?

Considering you're in Grade VII (or 7th grade) you're pretty fucking young but I think I understand 2 possible reasons why your family might not want you to sell them.

1) While you're still young, it's a good chance you might not realize how "valuable" sentimental items can be when you get older. While you still may have the memory of being with those toys, more often than not the toys being physically present generates stronger feelings of nostalgia. (kind of like actually PLAYING red version on an original gameboy, rather than just reminiscing about when you did mentally.). Assuming your family isn't composed of total morons(and I'm doubting they have any less intelligence than the average family), they have experiences, and have your interests at heart they just don't want to see something you obviously were strongly attached to as a kid be given away.

2) [perhaps a bit more cynical] Your family realizes that toy cars like hotwheels will probably die out with the massive surge of digital media and its newfound availability to young children, eventually replacing "toys" with "games/media devices". The subsequent rarity of these toy cars could be a "valuable" collection in the future and could be either sold for a lot of money... or kept for bragging rights (like my 1st edition Charizzard card @3@ kekekekeke)

It could be 1 of or both of these reasons, depends on when they meant by valuable.

My advice, do what you want with them. They're your treasures, just realize that your still pretty fucking young and things you do as a kid can haunt you for quite a while.

PLasmaghost puts forward a very good point. Even if you don't agree with them and it may seem so, your parents are usually a lot more knowledgable than you because of the experiences they have had which you haven't. I say usually because for all I know you could be a child genius but it is unlikely.

Nothing to do with the above situation, but, I often find that older people have a habit of relying a little to much on experience, and not enough on common sense.

the fact that they're going to be upset by his decision is really all that matters. demanding justifications and then analyzing/arguing about their reasons for being upset just proves you're looking for an excuse to not give a shit about how they feel so you can get what you want without feeling guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    Nothing to do with the above situation, but, I often find that older people have a habit of relying a little to much on experience, and not enough on common sense.
    Doesn't a lot of common sense come from experience. Or are you saying that they do things the same way they did them before rather than using their common sense now.

Thread Information