StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: When dealing with SWF files! - (specially for clan leaders)

When dealing with SWF files! - (specially for clan leaders)

Hellow ya'll, so what is this?. Let me sum this up a little bit first, since I started animating our clan's frontpages were only decorated with fancy fonts and at most a really good looking .gif picture, and nowadays I just see highly detailed swf files all over the frontpage which is super amazing.

As a clan leader I understand how important is a frontpage for a clan, is like your presentation card to the rest of the world, is basically your first impression to everyone and if you're looking for members or if you're already full and just want to give a nice impression, the frontpage is a really important thing. But nowadays we all are using SWFs as our "menus" or even clan flags just to have a better quality...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with this a problem showed up. I'll pick up a menu from a clan, I used this HTML code:

HTML Code:
    [Spoiler=][SWF=http://www.filz.us/files/f8fb31a4/b3e/PX_menu.swf]Height=2000, Width=1500[/SWF][/spoiler]
    And this is what I got:
    Spoiler for example:

And there was more if I scroll'd down but you get the idea.

So why have a 2000 x 1500 pixels big swf if the computer itself is limited to 1280 x 720 pixels... and that's taking the whole screen.

Now look at this same menu, but this time I changed the HTML code a bit, look at the height and width:

HTML Code:
    [Spoiler=][SWF=http://www.filz.us/files/f8fb31a4/b3e/PX_menu.swf]Height=700, Width=500[/SWF][/spoiler]
    This is what I got now:

Spoiler for Example:

Now it looks way better right?. So... why would you want such a big swf if no one will be able to see it?, no matter how big the original swf is, you can resize it at will by giving the specifications in the HTML code.

This is a beautifully done menu, and I really want to see how creative you all get with these things, keep in mind that some people don't want to wait 5 minutes for an swf to load so... try to don't overload your swf with a thousand filters per second because we won't be able to see it either.

So this is my recommendation to you guys. Make your swf as big as you want, and when you're about to post it, check all the things in the following list:

- Pick a reasonable size (height and width)
    - Does it lag too much when I open/click it?
    - Do I really need this many of filters?
    - Is it necessary to leave this without a spoiler?

Your frontpage will look better, and what is more important.... everyone will be actually able to look at how awesome it is. Please take this into consideration while working on your RHG frontpage. And don't be afraid to ask any questions regarding this topic here.

This is of course applied to ALL CLANS

Keep rocking ♥ ♥ ♥ ~
    Last edited by Camila; 10-29-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Wanna watch this battle? Click HERE for MY part and HERE for GILDEDGUY'S part
    his part is amazing ♥
    Spoiler for stupid stuff:

Yeah all clans
    and by all clans I mean definitely not just Phoenix
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

Yeah, this is more reasonable than limiting the file size. I agree with this method.
    ||RHG||

Spoiler for Other Signatures:

Again, thanks much for fixing our thing, I actually probably could have fixed it myself if I looked harder, but I didn't, so thanks for that consideration. :D

Deus - The Nether Breaker lNox - The Shadow Bringer
    FREE Custom voice resources: ORDER NOW!
    Spoiler for stuff:

you have saved me Camila....
    Spoiler for other things:

I'm surprised it took this long for people to find out you can do this lmao.

right behind you,and waffles dont take this fun from me
    yes yes,but how do i program that thing though ,like the menu.the best thing my front page has is a little banner

I don't want to set the world on fire

just a flame in your backyard

RHG 1 |Zayas vs Driver| Aslime1999's Avatar
    Wow Thanks this really helped me (adds Camila's RHG in Hitlist)

Thread Information