StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Discovery Gone Wrong - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Survival - WINNERS LIST POSTED!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best RHG Battle Nobody Saw [Aug to Oct]

Best RHG Battle Nobody Saw [Aug to Oct]

Sticky Please!

Check Out Last Year's Thread for more information.

Long overdue but here it is. Yet another opportunity for RHG Battlers to gain even more points from their hard-earned battles. To those that aren't aware: the RHG system is trying out a new mechanic that rewards an extra 0.5 points to decent anims in forfeited battles. Threads like these are created to discern who really deserved it. Did the animator slack off once he realized his opponent was a no show? Or did he do the opposite and thrive? This is also a perfect place to gather some CNC/Opinions for the underdogs of RHG Battling.

Below are the entries for this period:

Vazar vs Gears - 8/11
    http://www.filz.us/view/d50ad5a1-510/

WWhiteSShadow vs Nanite - 8/22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtpSa_OkZYU

ssosmeify vs BBKing - 10/17
    http://i.imgur.com/ZDMPzjj.gif

TJG10able vs Triston - 10/23
    http://sta.sh/01l4bukgyws0

notthebest vs lFranl - 10/26
    http://www.filz.us/view/89178a31-d42/

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira - 10/27
    http://sta.sh/025vw6lrkttr

Venven vs Brosephus - 10/27
    http://youtu.be/PRgh3NaqDnI

Aaaand not participating this month is:

Kursura vs Shadow - 8/27
    http://fav.me/d7ws3yy
    ***I know Shadow delivered in the end, but this is a matter of principle of the original deadline so it still counts. Also, Kursura automatically gets the 0.5 because really this is a no contest for everyone else if I even put him in. I'm just putting it here for posterity.

How to Vote: We are going with a forced ranking. Amongst the 7, assign values of +3/2/1, 0, and -3/2/1. Also, please provide CNC whenever you can. If you look to their old threads, all they kept getting were "That's cool." So if you have time to spare kindly give it due.

Easy Vote Form (just copy paste):

Vazar vs Gears - 8/11
    WWhiteSShadow vs Nanite - 8/22
    ssosmeify vs BBKing - 10/17
    TJG10able vs Triston - 10/23
    notthebest vs lFranl - 10/26
    THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira - 10/27
    Venven vs Brosephus - 10/27

+3
    +2
    +1

Happy Voting!

Vazar vs Gears +2
    Movements are kinda off but A for ae-ffort and idea.

WWhiteSShadow vs Nanite +3
    "GO WWHITESSHADOW! KICK HIS ASS!"
    Circlejerking aside, tis pretty good. There are some flaws but this is his best work yet.

ssosmeify vs BBKing +1
    Some of his punches don't look right and it was kinda short, but I think it's still okay.

TJG10able vs Triston 0
    Sorry TJ, but...are you having trouble horizontally-reversing your STK's?

notthebest vs lFranl 0
    It was sort of getting good but cutting it so quickly.

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira +1
    (no notable comment)

Venven vs Brosephus +2
    Movement was smooth, though kinda all-over-the-place. I would've given a higher point if it was a tad longer.
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

Vazar vs Gears +1
    -I like how he fully destroys Gears

WWhiteSShadow vs Nanite +2
    -It has some sort of story
    -Really long!
    -3D software

ssosmeify vs BBKing +1
    -ssos made a decent anim, but it's short.

TJG10able vs Triston -1
    -That's really not good, it's just stiff stuff
    -He has 2 left eyes
    -No effort, like always

notthebest vs lFranl 0
    -I like the music, kinda
    -dat end >_>
    -Short

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira +1
    -I like Thebest's fighting style in a way
    -it's short

Venven vs Brosephus +2
    (No, i'm not giving me 2 points because it's my anim)
    -It's one of my best anims
    -Control over most of the basics(i guess...)
    Last edited by Venix; 11-15-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Nice to see this up (I was hoping for some CnC but I understand and respect your decision Hewitt)

Vazar vs Gears +1
    You mainly need to polish your movements. Try to make them smoother and use some easing. It would also be nice to have some music and a background (especially as the white BG implies the sky rather than a wall).

Love the epic scale you go for with your battles. Your animations still have the same pros and cons I feel (grand scale, narrative and action countered by awkward movements and disorientating perspective/views). You are getting better though, the second one in particular. For CnC, some of the poses and movements are way to relaxed for there context like the casual walks. There's also some odd moments of stiffness in the limbs. I also think you should try having some more features to your scenery as it would help show position and motion (e.g. at the start, it's difficult to tell that AAnlbus is still flying backwards until he actually stop).
    Overall I think this is your best one yet and it's great to see you improving.

ssosmeify vs BBKing +2
    Not bad at all. It could do with some better easing and impact at point. The endings also a bit confusing. More details would be your biggest help atm, like effects, sound and bg details.

TJG10able vs Triston 0
    You need to work on timing as almost al of your scenes are to fast, leading to unreadable text and sporadic combat. Also put some effort into presentation, like the bg as it didn't change even as the camera moved around.

notthebest vs lFranl -1
    As this is practically the bare minimum of finished I can't really CnC.

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira 0
    Work on your basics. It's rather stop and start. Try some sound effect too.

Venven vs Brosephus +1
    Nice effort. Try and add more force to the hits. You have the right idea, just keep practice.
    RHG - Deviantart page - Youtube Channel
    Spoiler for Clan related Sigs:

Spoiler for Quotes:

Vazar vs Gears +1

This was better than I expected. The animation was not very good, being choppy and practically missing all the basics. However, it had character. You could really see which character was the good guy and the monster, and even the fighting showed how they acted. The monster dude was a bit more aggressive, and I like that. I also liked the fact that he made fun of the "I won't kill you" cliché that keeps getting used by animators. Overall, it was entertaining. Good job.

Deserves nothing less. I simply love this animation, I don't even care that the poses weren't the best, the entertainment value was pretty damn high. It was clear that he put a lot of effort into making this and it paid off. It has a storyline which is followed from his past RHG battles, which you don't see that often. I have never animated in 3D, but seeing this animations really makes me want to do it. A few things that could be improved however, are the effects and the character models. They're pretty basic. Now, I'm alright with what the animation had, but if he made the character models and effects even better, I think I'd like these even more. Anyway, I have high hopes for future animations from this guy. Great work.

ssosmeify vs BBKing 0

There's not really much to say about this one. It was short, but the movements were pretty good. Nothing stands out though. It was a bit stiff too, that being the limbs didn't move enough. It was enjoyable enough to watch though.

TJG10able vs Triston -1

At least you tried? It wasn't good. The movements were really bad and the colors hurt my eyes. It was not its own thing either, clearly being inspired by anime. The most ridiculous part however, was the first-person punching scene. I mean, it was really obvious who that was copied from.
    Work on your movements, your easing, effects, backgrounds and basically everything. Good luck.

notthebest vs lFranl -3

This is not a full-length RHG animation. This is a test animation. I'm giving it the lowest score it could have because this doesn't qualify as a battle in my opinion and it looks like it was put together in a few hours.

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira 0

It's not bad, it's just not good either. It's really short and the movements lack flow and easing. I liked the stretching however. With no sound and no music, this animation becomes forgettable and pretty dull. Next time, try to put in fitting music, sound effects, and better movements.

Venven vs Brosephus +2

From a pivot standpoint, the movements were pretty good. I really liked the flow of the animation, it was just overall not that bad. It would've done better with more length and sound effects, but it was alright nonetheless.

Spoiler for Support:

Banned
    Im not gonna earn or lose RHG points because of this system, Or was that againest the rules?

Wire, wire, and more wire Calixer's Avatar
    Vazar vs Gears +1
    You need to work on movement more. Slow down a bit too, and work on your effects.. Good job fully beating up Yalz..

Whoa, You need to work a little on movement and your effects, though other than that it's good. Wow.

ssosmeify vs BBKing +1
    You need to show more power, and emphasize more(Which is another way for power. ) Your sticks were stiff, too. Either way, it was pleasing to the eye.

TJG10able vs Triston -1
    Talking scenes were too fast (I still could read it, but not enough time to process it before other things that happened ) Sticks were really stiff, loosen up! There was a major stop in battle at one point where you just spoke fast, too.
    Spoiler for Weird things happening:
    Emphasize more!!

notthebest vs lFranl +0
    I have to be honest, it was good. I can't really judge anything because everyone has their own way of cinematics. It was really good, why u have to stop

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira +0
    Smooth, but short. Stiff sticks though, and EMPHASIZE MORE. You need to work on easing too. Other than that, it's not good, and it's not bad either.

Venven vs Brosephus +1
    Short, animation is just right. You need to work on power a lot, though.
    Also, is that the only song you will ever use for animations, or what? xD (Didn't downgrade your score)
    I'll bite you to death.

RHG: Calixer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Calixer View Post
    Vazar vs Gears +1
    You need to work on movement more. Slow down a bit too, and work on your effects.. Good job fully beating up Yalz..

Whoa, You need to work a little on movement and your effects, though other than that it's good. Wow.

ssosmeify vs BBKing +1
    You need to show more power, and emphasize more(Which is another way for power. ) Your sticks were stiff, too. Either way, it was pleasing to the eye.

TJG10able vs Triston -1
    Talking scenes were too fast (I still could read it, but not enough time to process it before other things that happened ) Sticks were really stiff, loosen up! There was a major stop in battle at one point where you just spoke fast, too.
    Spoiler for Weird things happening:
    Emphasize more!!

notthebest vs lFranl +0
    I have to be honest, it was good. I can't really judge anything because everyone has their own way of cinematics. It was really good, why u have to stop

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira +0
    Smooth, but short. Stiff sticks though, and EMPHASIZE MORE. You need to work on easing too. Other than that, it's not good, and it's not bad either.

Venven vs Brosephus +1
    Short, animation is just right. You need to work on power a lot, though.
    Also, is that the only song you will ever use for animations, or what? xD (Didn't downgrade your score)
    Thats not the rules, I said im not losing my RHG battle points, Why? Because you think im stupid? And an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by TJG10able View Post
    Thats not the rules, I said im not losing my RHG battle points, Why? Because you think im stupid? And an idiot?
    as much as you are getting annoying with these rants. I honestly dont thing people should lose points for their animations

I really think it should be 0 to +3 scale. Making people lose points for their animations is kinda rude.

Senior Member RemoteControlCard's Avatar
    i agree with them. but i suppose you can take away the win point in question if enough people dont think its up to par. making us possibly go negative in wins isnt such a good feeling.

and to TJG10able nobody is calling you an idiot nor do we think you are stupid. its just the way this kind of thread is.
    Last edited by RemoteControlCard; 11-15-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: rewrite for my own personal reason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information