StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best RHG Battle Nobody Saw [Aug to Oct]

Quote Originally Posted by ssosmeify View Post
    as much as you are getting annoying with these rants. I honestly dont thing people should lose points for their animations

I really think it should be 0 to +3 scale. Making people lose points for their animations is kinda rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by notthebest View Post
    i agree with them. but i suppose you can take away the win point in question if enough people dont think its up to par. making us possibly go negative in wins isnt such a good feeling.
    These 2 points^ have been brought up in last year's thread. In exactly the same way. That's why I urged people to read it but it seems no one has. So I will once again address it in the very same way Fronox complained about it last time:

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...=1#post1225216

tl;dr, the negative scores mean nothing. The negative scores function as a mechanic to force rank something for the sake of this bonus to apply. If your anim wasn't exceptional this period then better luck next time no harm done. It doesn't mean that you suck outright and it doesn't mean you should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    These 2 points^ have been brought up in last year's thread. In exactly the same way. That's why I urged people to read it but it seems no one has. So I will once again address it in the very same way Fronox complained about it last time:

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...=1#post1225216
    Ok that makes more sense.

The Extra-Extraordinary Mustika's Avatar
    Vazar vs Gears - +1
    Oh shot, that was pretty brutal. Despite the annoying voice effects it had bit and some big particles, think this one's pretty good. Probably need some in-betweens for the movements transition. Keep up the good work.

WWhiteSShadow vs Nanite - +3
    I always like the 3D stuff you bring, WWhiteSShadow. Those humors bit, effects, movements, can't seem to find the flaw so far though. Seems you're improving in every battle you have.

ssosmeify vs BBKing - +2
    Liking the smoothness provided on that Pivot anim over there. Though some of the combo forces didn't really apply there imo (like probably the punch should be more powerful if you can make a good trick for the easing). Also like the cinematics you put there, reminds me with Stickly's style.

TJG10able vs Triston - -1
    Hmm, the texts were too fast, the effects came out too sudden, and most of the movements are awkward. I suggest you to practice more for the basics.

notthebest vs lFranl - -3
    What. One hit wonders? Intro > Battle scenes? Too short to me though, so I assume this was unfinished. :/

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira - -2
    The ending was too rushed, and no sounds.

Venven vs Brosephus - -1
    No climax? I mean, the good fight where the orange stick fight back? Doesn't seem too interesting, so I suggest you to try to make longer anim for your next battle and try to plan a good plot in it. That might help.

DeviantART |RHG - Battle #1 done | osu!
    Spoiler for I got stamped as SP's Official Counter. Yay?:

Senior Member RemoteControlCard's Avatar
    thats -7 for me so far. keep it coming guys

Quote Originally Posted by TJG10able View Post
    Thats not the rules, I said im not losing my RHG battle points, Why? Because you think im stupid? And an idiot?
    Nobody wants to really say it but if we're talking about your competence level then...yes.

Because you didn't read my thread. The points don't add to your win/loss ratio. They're meant to be personal scores for the chance to get a bonus 0.5 win. And really, you complained about the point but saw nothing from the wonderful comments these people took their time to rate you for? How shallow are you.

You better watch your next reply, because I don't want Cami to facepalm herself trying to see what I did this time around after you report me to her for the 999th time for "calling you an idiot". How dare you report us for being rude to YOU. Rude. That's your middle name, isn't it?

I've done nothing but be courteous to you thus far, and explained things as calmly as possible. It's not fair that you should have to respond so rudely to absolutely anything and then whine about it when that same rudeness comes back to you. Absolutely nothing goes through your brain unless it's about you and how awesome you are so listen carefully: This thread does not revolve around you. Take the cnc's to heart and keep an open mind. Calm the fuck down.

Quote Originally Posted by notthebest View Post
    thats -7 for me so far. keep it coming guys
    Ignore the score and take the comments into consideration. Next time you have a forfeit on your hands, know that it isn't over and you shouldn't rush or do badly as well.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 11-20-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Vazar vs Gears +1
    The animation is really choppy and the sounds are very repetitive and loud. I dont like the sound choice you put into it. Thou I do like a bit with your animations. Your kinda developing character into each of them. But the animation is still lacking a lot. But practice a lot man! You'll improve

WWhiteSShadow vs Nanite +2
    Dang. man your pretty good with 3D I'm impressed. The length is good. You developed the character. The only thing I didnt like was the explosions/smoke. Looked really werid and the poses were werid. But I do like the attacks and what you did. Nice job!

ssosmeify vs BBKing - +1(this shouldn't count)
    I did ok with movements. I understand the basics pretty well. I need to learn force into my attacks. It just lacks the speed when attacking. I went very slow with it. I kinda rushed scenes too. I need to be a little more careful with that as well. But I think the animation is ok/good.

TJG10able vs Triston - -2
    You need to work a lot on the basics. The scenes were way too fast! Everythings happening at once. The run is awkward. Your leg position is always the same. You mostly use the same background for all your animations. I suggest changing it up a bit sometime!

notthebest vs lFranl - -1
    This is an OK animation. But you only did and intro and never finished. Finishing your animation is to improve yourself and show that your not lazy. Theres not much to say here.

THEBESTG07 vs Ahmed Sef Mira - +1
    I like your combos and such. You have passion for animation. You just need to work more on your body movements such as the back. Its also a little stiff in some parts. But I think the animation deserves some respect

Venven vs Brosephus - 0
    Its a ok animation the movements are fine. The animation seems there are no counter attacks. Mostly just your RHG attacking the other. The foot placement is off a little and its a bit shaky. But I think its fine dood :P
    Last edited by Ssosme; 11-20-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information