StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counters to air elemental mass?

Frozen Dragon Knight DragonFrost's Avatar

Counters to air elemental mass?

K so the other game, I got wrecked by a 2k elemental player who went castle air elemental thingie and then proceeded to spam air elementals. Considering I am an archidon masser, I was like "lol get rekt mate", but then I found out that speartons don't block air elemental attacks like albows... And they one shot all of my archidons. So I built albows... And they one shot that too. So my question is, what type of build/units counter air elemental mass (I thought of magikill, but they would one shot him too)?
    I respect Hewitt.
    I made a wRHG, thanks Hewitt for inspiring me to write. Here is my wRHG, Fr0st, the Frozen Archer.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Spoiler for I will miss you:

Their castle Air start put them ahead in eco, right? I'm assuming you went for SA against their CAir+E.

Usually on long maps I just think free game and proceed to out spam them, because they need 3 airs to 1 shot an archer, and by the time they have built 3 airs I can have plenty of archers to tear their airs apart.

Micro wise abuse your ability to kite and their lack of kiting, try to force the ele player to make airs fall back - this done mid animation both means they take arrows to the face and deal 0 damage, and garrison archers that they can snipe. You can usually g kite just outside the air's range in a non laggy match, and airs will derp and cease chasing you if you blip out of their attack range mid animation, which is another good way to prevent their damage if you need to run and g kite melee units as well.

Airs are really good at taking down single units, but struggle against masses, so macro wise you just need to out mass the counter rather than rely on a specific choice. Early and mid game archers probably work best, but massing albows might work quite well later game.

For castle though, you're going to struggle g kiting. I'd probably opt for trying to poke down a chompler by using a sword to dive the CAir and lots of garrisons, while spamming eco. Once you get your eco equal or ahead theirs, they are really going to struggle to get those 3 airs they need to snipe archers of yours. Also, a CArcher might help you kite away from the airs into your base, as the AoE will shred the Airs.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

Keep in mind:
    3 bolts=1 archidon
    5~bolts=1 albow
    Might help.
    U have to be careful vs eel early game cause ya never know when the castle air may appear. I usually just hold second row and poke with swords keeping my archidon as safe as possible
    Pumu's Infernoes
    OFFICIAL INFERNO OF SP
    http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ps-and-Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by hey look a train! View Post
    were gunna be great partners in crime heh heh heh
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    I'll teach you how to double clutch~
    You! You're like one of those jokes where it's all like "Katniss, bring the ring to mordor or the enterprise will win", showing a picture of Dumbledore, and it says "~Gandalf"

I'm your BreakFast HashBrownTrials's Avatar
    Air's are weak, counter with archers and fire arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    And don't you dare grief. I will find you, hunt you down and kill you
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterybat View Post
    Anyone who can suck my god dick is bestowed
    Quote Originally Posted by PUMU View Post
    my tits are full of energy and vigor

basically, abuse their short(ish) range and need for a long attack animation to kite and harrass them. Open confrontations are bad, and use garrison for your archer often.

o_O How could he do that?
    Tho are you sure that you mass enough archers?
    Enjin Page Youtube Channel
    Add me on Steam: Azxc

Spoiler for Dat SE stuffs:

Frozen Dragon Knight DragonFrost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PUMU View Post
    Keep in mind:
    3 bolts=1 archidon
    5~bolts=1 albow
    Might help.
    U have to be careful vs eel early game cause ya never know when the castle air may appear. I usually just hold second row and poke with swords keeping my archidon as safe as possible
    Yah I messed up didn't realize how op castle air elemental was, since I never played vs Ele before.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    Their castle Air start put them ahead in eco, right? I'm assuming you went for SA against their CAir+E.

Usually on long maps I just think free game and proceed to out spam them, because they need 3 airs to 1 shot an archer, and by the time they have built 3 airs I can have plenty of archers to tear their airs apart.

Micro wise abuse your ability to kite and their lack of kiting, try to force the ele player to make airs fall back - this done mid animation both means they take arrows to the face and deal 0 damage, and garrison archers that they can snipe. You can usually g kite just outside the air's range in a non laggy match, and airs will derp and cease chasing you if you blip out of their attack range mid animation, which is another good way to prevent their damage if you need to run and g kite melee units as well.

Airs are really good at taking down single units, but struggle against masses, so macro wise you just need to out mass the counter rather than rely on a specific choice. Early and mid game archers probably work best, but massing albows might work quite well later game.

For castle though, you're going to struggle g kiting. I'd probably opt for trying to poke down a chompler by using a sword to dive the CAir and lots of garrisons, while spamming eco. Once you get your eco equal or ahead theirs, they are really going to struggle to get those 3 airs they need to snipe archers of yours. Also, a CArcher might help you kite away from the airs into your base, as the AoE will shred the Airs.
    Actually he went three earth elementals into castle air (this was ice world so it was fairly long) and I started AM into Sword, so he was actually ahead in Eco. I proceeded to kill my sword and archer against his castle air xD (I suk right) and he had control of mid tower from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azxc View Post
    o_O How could he do that?
    Tho are you sure that you mass enough archers?
    Welp actually every time I got an archer he would snipe it so I had like 2 archers out max at one time
    I respect Hewitt.
    I made a wRHG, thanks Hewitt for inspiring me to write. Here is my wRHG, Fr0st, the Frozen Archer.

SEXY ARCHIDON!

Spoiler for I will miss you:

castle air actually 2 shots archers. the info above was for normal airs.

Pretty much, don't be too aggresive. Send your sword first to find out whether he has castle air or not. And always guard second ring, some players neglect to do this in an OvE, it's crucial to keep your opponent down. Then buy fire arrows, they deal a lot of damage to airs as airs are quite weak. If it's a longer map you should have a lot of room to kite, but that's just a bonus.

isnt castle air visible through fog of war?
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information