StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Chat rules and ban appeals

Hello,

I'm a paying member of stick empires. I believe I was banned from chat due to abuse of power. It's actually silly and childish because I just stated a user I beat in game needed more practice. Theb another user came in defense of that player because he's in his clan and threatened me to get banned. A minute later Admin Wildabeast1 logs in and bans me, he even makes fun of the fact he did it. I don't think that's ethical of an admin to behave that way. Here's the appeal form:

Your SE account name(s) banned: savagestud
    The time and timezone when they were banned: 6:05Pm Arizona time
    Who you think banned you / which mods you were aware of being online at the time: Wildabeast1
    Any screenshots of the chat when you were banned: https://ibb.co/jOg8Nb and https://ibb.co/moZv2b
    Why you think the ban was unjust and what you were doing when you were banned: Facuferi4 user warned me of getting banned and admin Wildabeast1 logged in and actually did it. Making fun of the fact he did it, calling me a noob...
    I have received a PM from a user asking for an appeal. The second screenshot does not include any text from the mod, however the first includes 'banned nub' which is not exactly great conduct. Previously all the mods have had Stickpage accounts so I could expect them to explain what they were doing however I think this mod is not present on the forums.

This complicates things a little hence I am putting this out to everyone who still checks these forums.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

A Stick Empires Player AsePlayer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    I have received a PM from a user asking for an appeal. The second screenshot does not include any text from the mod, however the first includes 'banned nub' which is not exactly great conduct. Previously all the mods have had Stickpage accounts so I could expect them to explain what they were doing however I think this mod is not present on the forums.

This complicates things a little hence I am putting this out to everyone who still checks these forums.
    Yes I got the message as well. Don't know how we're gonna coordinate his unban over the forums tho
    Quote Originally Posted by sss
    You are the cancer of stickpage you fucking fuckity fuck fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by HashBrownTrials View Post
    By the time the new update comes out DAZ would've gone through puberty. Lel
    Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Also Fuck EvE. That's not a matchup. That's a rock-paper-I-don't-give-a-fuck.

Would it be too far to de-admin someone who would ever utter the words "banned nub?" Because that's what I would do

Frankly I would too. Even if the person is responding poorly to someone who is behaving in a ban worthy way as a mod they should know better.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    Frankly I would too. Even if the person is responding poorly to someone who is behaving in a ban worthy way as a mod they should know better.
    Yeah I am thinking about taking this course of action. Not sure if it's worth doing that off of a first offense though.

Depends if you think the guy is someone who can learn and be a more mature admin, or if he'll just take the 2nd chance as an opportunity to keep on being a douche but hide it better next time.

So some context to that mod and a few others. TL;DR mode:

So Gais and fhaiqal have connections to the devs and started asking almost willy-nilly for people to get modded. Don't ask, I don't know why.
    Spoiler for Gold mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    So some context to that mod and a few others. TL;DR mode:

So Gais and fhaiqal have connections to the devs and started asking almost willy-nilly for people to get modded. Don't ask, I don't know why.
    Not true. None of the admin picks go through without passing me first. We have only added 1-2 people in the past many months.

If the user sends you his code I can go ingame and unban him if we have not already.
    Spoiler for quotes:

The user has exceeded their stored private messages quota. \_(ツ)_/
    Spoiler for quotes:

Thread Information