StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat rules and ban appeals

Chat rules and ban appeals

Because we all make mistakes

This is the thread for users that either do not understand why they received a chat ban, or users that believe they were wrongly chat banned.

To appeal a ban please start by using this format
    Your SE account name(s) banned:
    The time and timezone when they were banned:
    Who you think banned you / which mods you were aware of being online at the time:
    Any screenshots of the chat when you were banned:
    Why you think the ban was unjust and what you were doing when you were banned:

This is a thread with regard to the SE web online multiplayer game rules. To post here you will need a stickpage account on this site and thus need to follow the stickpage rules: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...ated-24-07-15)
    If you are banned on this site then you have violated the Stick Page rules and need to take it up with those mods not us.

This is the rough guide we have for things we ban for. Keep in mind it is not an inclusive list and other offences are not somehow okay because they are not said explicitly on here.

For the lols and stuff I used to manage my own ban list spreadsheet, so you can look at the bans I've given and their type: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing to get an idea.

Keep your chat PG-13, friendly and civil and respect other people and you should never have to worry about chat bans.

If you do believe you have been wrongly chat banned, evidence in the form of embedded images is extremely important.

Who you think banned you / which mods you were aware of being online at the time:

List of admins for Stick Empires in game chat and their corresponding Stick Page account names
    SE:SP
    DragonArcherZ - Dazzy
    Jerrytt - Jerrytt
    Drizzle - Drizzle
    Xanderman222222 - Juggerman1
    HashBrownTrials - HashBrownTrials
    Skeletonwarlord - Skeletonxf
    WyzDM - WyzDM
    Birdman321 - Birdman
    IHATETHISNAME - Nylarthoep
    Tecness2 - Tecness2
    AsePlayer - AsePlayer
    Galeforce - Galeforce
    mysterybat - lazar72

Azxc removed from adminship for sharing account
    IMysteryI removed from adminship for selling account

New admins list:

ShadowEmpire123, Darquess, ActiveFirewall, LVL9001, SpilledCoffee, sean893, ETxLazar

The ban manager

A quote off the actual terms and conditions for the game.
    'You are entitled to use Stick Empires™ for your own personal use, but you shall not be entitled to' '(vii) harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass, or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort upon another user of Stick Empires™ or other person or entity; cheat during gameplay, including but not limited to modification of the game program files; (viii) transmit or post sexually explicit images or other content which in the sole discretion of 1004319 O/A Jays Webworks is deemed to be offensive; nor shall you transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable content' '(x) impersonate a 1004319 O/A Jays Webworks official or employee or any other person; (xi) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in a chat room or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users, individuals, or entities, including, but not limited to, posting "Spam" messages on Stick Empires™. "Spam" messages as used herein include, but are not limited to any effort to use a computer or other electronic device to post an unauthorized and/or unsolicited advertisement to Stick Empires™; (xii) post or transmit chain letters, "cashbots," or pyramid schemes; post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to other users, individuals, or entities on Stick Empires™; (xiii) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation'

Bolding is my own

Discussion on password security: http://forums.stickpage.com/group.ph...330&do=discuss
    If you're planning on becoming an admin then you should make sure your account is protected and read the discussion above.

Spoiler for An autohotkey script for admins to manage banning more easily.:

Last edited by Skeletonxf; 11-30-2016 at 04:32 PM. Reason: add lazar
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

Very nice compilation. This is a very good outline for the basis of ban.

Regarding religious topics and the such- what would you do about it? An example would be that "Allah___" person.

Spoiler for don't look in here:

much wow ^

Quote Originally Posted by BenTZ View Post
    Very nice compilation. This is a very good outline for the basis of ban.

Regarding religious topics and the such- what would you do about it? An example would be that "Allah___" person.
    I'd reiterate what probably got lost when I said it before.
    A username including something like Gay or Allah is fine as long as it does not bad mouth that topic, or effectively badmouth everything but that topic.

For example, THEGAYONE is fine, GAYSARESTUPID is not, and ALLAHISTRUEALLUNBELIEVERSSHALLGOTOHELL is not.
    Last edited by Skeletonxf; 06-13-2015 at 03:51 AM.
    Spoiler for quotes:

If it's a somewhat respectable debate about religions and whatnot, then in my opinion it should be allowed. If it's insulting a religion or offends too many people in the chat, not so much.
    Hey, I'm doing something now.

Spoiler for Something:

Just realised I misread the question as usernames. xD What Tec said really.

Though to be honest the likelihood of having a reasonable discussion in that chat over religion is tiny.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Sticky this?
    Spoiler for quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by IHATETHISNAME View Post
    Sticky this?
    I can if you believe it's more beneficial, but ultimately I think it's better to add it to this thread. I'm generally hesitant to stick a thread unless necessary since it takes up an extra spot in the page, but if you guys think it's more beneficial to stick this individual thread, then sure. I'd suggest renaming the thread title though since it could potentially be misleading. Since this is your guys' territory so to speak, it's your call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

I'm your BreakFast HashBrownTrials's Avatar
    I think we should sticky this raptor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    And don't you dare grief. I will find you, hunt you down and kill you
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterybat View Post
    Anyone who can suck my god dick is bestowed
    Quote Originally Posted by PUMU View Post
    my tits are full of energy and vigor

A title change would probably help. While it's nice to have it in the FAQ, how many users actually read that? I'd wager not many. I think we should sticky this so we won't have to deal with more "Really Xanderman" threads.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Alright then. If the amount of stickies ever becomes an issue though, this thread will probably be the first to go, though that probably won't become too much of a problem in the near future.

I'd implore you to change the name of the thread because it isn't very informative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread Information