StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to attack miner wall

Quote Originally Posted by MustRemainSecret View Post
    Right now they can be used as an unpenetrable barrier by players who know what they are doing. I have even done it MANY times against other players.
    Then you clearly did not read my post

Walls are not impenetrable and come at a lot of tradeoffs to use for turtling.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

Banned
    We have and had read every post in this thread. We wrote a LONG response addressing the 3 comments prior and decided that it was pointless to beat a dead horse. You don't get it and it doesn't matter whether you do or not - all that matters is that the devs understand and surely they will since they created the game. Will they decide to change it? Maybe, maybe not (it should be changed IOO) but we have little doubt that they will at least be able to see the problem here.

This is NOT about strategy. This is NOT about strategy. This is NOT about strategy. Get it through your skulls.

It's about the fact that due to a flaw in the game, the only possible way to take down walls is to get magikill (or 2 or 3). These are liable to die before the walls even go down (especially when there are 2 walls). Finally, third and fourth walls can be built (or more) as the second, third, etc walls are going down. This has happened to us multiple times. It seems very inappropriate for you to question us given that we are ~1750 (peak 1781) and therefore should be given some credibility as to how the game works, isn't it?

If you think it is logical in any way, shape or form that the miner wall can't be targeted, you are quite simply dull and probably moronic. But we will let God be the judge.

I suggest using magikills to help, bug or not an electric wall will do a lot of damage (i believe 2 to kill a full health wall) and if they are wall stacking its even more effective.
    What Ase said is true, we used to be able to destroy walls even with people blocking so its probably a buff to the wall
    I expect nothing and I am still disappointed.

[13:14] <%[TZ]jli> Who needs a girlfriend when you have
    [13:14] <%[TZ]jli> the windows 7 start menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Make castle airs one shot swords or crawlers, it won't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by spino View Post
    "eta"
    Beta, theta, meta, then of course eta.
    Now explain what you mean by saying the real question is the eta
    Quote Originally Posted by lewislewis View Post
    I am in the 1600-2000 skill level

Quote Originally Posted by MustRemainSecret View Post
    We have and had read every post in this thread. We wrote a LONG response addressing the 3 comments prior and decided that it was pointless to beat a dead horse. You don't get it and it doesn't matter whether you do or not - all that matters is that the devs understand and surely they will since they created the game. Will they decide to change it? Maybe, maybe not (it should be changed IOO) but we have little doubt that they will at least be able to see the problem here.

This is NOT about strategy. This is NOT about strategy. This is NOT about strategy. Get it through your skulls.

It's about the fact that due to a flaw in the game, the only possible way to take down walls is to get magikill (or 2 or 3). These are liable to die before the walls even go down (especially when there are 2 walls). Finally, third and fourth walls can be built (or more) as the second, third, etc walls are going down. This has happened to us multiple times. It seems very inappropriate for you to question us given that we are ~1750 (peak 1781) and therefore should be given some credibility as to how the game works, isn't it?

If you think it is logical in any way, shape or form that the miner wall can't be targeted, you are quite simply dull and probably moronic. But we will let God be the judge.
    I never said it was logical that the miner wall can be shielded like so. This GAME isn't logical, just look at the units.
    Jeeez.

The only issue in this game is balance, which is all about strategy, NOT LOGIC. The wall 'bug' as you so claim, is a balanced one that contributes to the depth of the game rather than detracting from it.

You can take down walls with ANY dps unit. I've held my elo around 2k for the last few months. I've played over 1000 matches of ranked, I wouldn't try to pull the elitism and elo if I were you. 1700's is newbie anyway.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Banned
    Well as we said earlier, just because something has been buffed doesn't mean it's right as in this case the buff was a mistake in the first place. We can't stress enough the sheer amount of times we've had an army TWICE as powerful (a full 26 spear army + 2 swords with rage) and literally have no way whatsoever of even getting past ONE wall, simple because the opponent exploited this flaw (many times). This is just not right and needs to change.

We have lost many games where we got past the walls or there were no walls at all or we lost because opponent beat us before we could even attack therefore proving this is not OP. This is not a change to one specific empire and every empire is equally affected so what it does it evolve strategies (always a good thing) and definitely not OP.

Lmao you know how many times we've crushed 1800-1900's and even would be crushing 2k if they didn't exploit this flaw (they literally only win because they know we can't get past even 1 wall, and they exploit this).

1780 is not newbie, sorry. 1300's is newbie. 1400's is probably an average player. Hate to burst your bubble but 1780 is quite above average - I would guess easily in the top 5% of all players.

Your comment on depth is hilarious. All this bug does is teach players to turtle and you are saying it makes the game deeper! HAHAHA

The reality is, allowing players to target the walls makes the game SO much deeper as players must ACTIVELY WORK TO DEFEND THEIR STATUE, which is THE POINT OF THE GAME.
    Last edited by MustRemainSecret; 12-29-2014 at 04:22 PM. Reason: grammar

What the hell are you buying MELEE units for to counter a wall?

No wonder you keep losing.
    Lol, 1400 average? Top 5% is probably top 100 list - which has its lowest player above 2k elo.

Buy ranged units to dps that wall down like any sensible player with higher elo than you.

I genuinely don't know how you can think buying MELEE units against splash damage and a wall would be a good idea. I'd compare that to having a knife and getting attacked and stabbing yourself. You are literally helping your opponent - no wonder you die.

Nerfing walls is literally a change to one specific empire, Order, in every way possible.

Why the hell would you buy MELEE units that have to group up and get close together against splash damage that will be most effective the closer together your army is?
    Last edited by Skeletonxf; 12-29-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Just a question.

If other people can naturally accept this whole wall thingy going on for almost 2 years now, why can't you? The higher up you go in the rankings, the more you need to change your strategy. The higher you go, the more you need to adapt to other people's strategy.

Spearton rushing and massing are mostly same and consistent; no matter how you go at it, you get a bunch of speartons and use them to destroy the statue. It's very, very easy to counter. It's also really predictable. Even without the wall bug as it is right now, you still won't be able to win; we've had spearton massers back even before Oct '12. They don't work, because magikills, swords with rage, speartons with shield bash, 3 CA's, unbuggy walls, bunch of miners, statue with resilience, are enough to stop a rush. Splash damage are what counters a mass of a unit. A spearton's training time is 20; 12 of them makes 4 minutes. 4 WHOLE minutes, the enemy is free to do anything he wants. Not to mention free middle tower (which gives 20 gold after a few seconds). He can dedicate a minute on just boosting his economy and you won't even know it, because you're not able to scout. He also wont't be just be watching you mass your army, he'll harass you whenever possible, and you'll need to defend. Probably you'd make a few castle archers, in which you'll again be behind in economy. If he does it right he might don't even need to resort to turtling; he can just kill you there and then.

So basically, spearton massing is just a bad strategy. If you want to get higher up then where you are now, it's best that you adapt.
    Last edited by _Ai_; 12-29-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

I just noticed now, but who is we?
    I expect nothing and I am still disappointed.

[13:14] <%[TZ]jli> Who needs a girlfriend when you have
    [13:14] <%[TZ]jli> the windows 7 start menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyzDM View Post
    Make castle airs one shot swords or crawlers, it won't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by spino View Post
    "eta"
    Beta, theta, meta, then of course eta.
    Now explain what you mean by saying the real question is the eta
    Quote Originally Posted by lewislewis View Post
    I am in the 1600-2000 skill level

Banned
    DERPDY DERP WON'T WORK IN HIGH LEVELS DERPY DERPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPP

This has nothing to do with strategy. This has nothing to do with strategy. This has nothing to do with strategy.

As mentioned earlier, no point in beating a dead horse - hopefully devs will make the right choice and fix this flaw and improve the game.
    Last edited by MustRemainSecret; 12-30-2014 at 01:44 AM.

This has everything to do with strategy as it has everything to do with game balance when making or not making this change.
    When will you understand that?
    Spoiler for quotes:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information