StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WRHG Tournament] : An ill-concieved notion

Humorless Artist

[WRHG Tournament] : An ill-concieved notion

Spoiler for :

Someone had to take on the mantle of the next tournament. There was an audience to entertain, and money to keep rolling. What began as an ill conceived idea between a few drunken hosts was now possibly seeing itself realised...to the detriment of all involved.

This is a classic tournament that focuses on story and characterisation (or at least I hope it will), including old fashioned brackets, voting, thoroughly unfair judging on my part, some twists to the normal battle, and cheese. It would be best that this tournament may serve as a stepping stone for characters to further flesh out themselves, and so I will heavily focus on the two aspects (story/characterisation) of your writing.

Entry requirements:

A pm to me on your character’s page, abilities (one line only), motivations (of fighting, being in the wrhg and so on) and their personality. Try to be as clear and concise; this pm is important.

Think of an event that greatly shaped your character the way they were. Now include a dwarf named Urist that was their friend and write about it. End the event abruptly with something happening to poor Urist. Minimum 400 words, try to keep it around 1000. Post that in this thread.

A post stating your intent to join beforehand is not necessary, but appreciated.

I will give two weeks for the entry, 30th of December, at midnight. Follow your own clock because I’m lazy with timezones. Anyone posting past that and before the first round is created will not be guaranteed a place. Round information will be posted as they come. If there are any questions, post in the thread and I shall answer them as far as possible.
    Last edited by Lobotomizer; 12-15-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    Whats WRHG lol.
    I might wanna trwy.

wRHG, Setto, stands for Writen Rock Hard Gladiators. It is in the style of the regular RHG but instead of fighting with animations, it is fought with writing. How, exactly you'd be better off looking at the wRHG Battles section. If you are, in fact, interested in trying it, then you'd have to first create a character page following these rules.

I have some intent to join.

Banned
    I Suck at writing Lol.
    Nevermind. The concept sounds pretty cool though.
    BTW can i have some of your RHG's Chocolate C: .

Well, the concept is of the same nature as the regular RHG. This here is just a tournament around the that notion.
    If you don't intend to join, then please refrain from going off-topic.
    As for the chocolate: reading my signature is answer enough c:

Sounds like good fun, I would like to join.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

woW

A completely outta-thu-bleu tourny that looks great to join?!

By gosh golly I think I will

HYECH

Spoiler for OP CURRENT MASCOT:
    Spoiler for Old Stuff <3:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wRHG

I don't even xD

Anyways, I'll be joining up. Expect my entry within the week. DTG and work has been keeping me busy but I will find the time to write.

Spoiler for :

Sorry, I went kind of overboard on the word count.

Spoiler for 1671 words:
    Last edited by Cassandra; 12-20-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: slight spacing correction
    Unavailable. In combat.

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information