StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Help Board] Writers' Rendezvous--Writing Resources and Feedback

Dumping
    http://www.spwickstrom.com/said/
    http://www.mshogue.com/AP/tone.htm

Also I want to help the only way I can
    Service(s): Feedback, Suggestions
    Focus: Concepts (Characters, Setting and Plot)
    Work Requirements: Drafts, outlines, summaries and character sheets
    Patron Requirements: I can tolerate passing messages back and forth, but I would prefer if you were to catch me online and engage in some live discussion through Skype/IRC/etc. It can help if you were to tell me what you want and perhaps we can negotiate on something.
    Examples: Daydreams and Concepts

yeeeaahh...it's not going to work out, isn't it?
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

Thank you! You've been added to the first post. Resources have been added to the front page, as well as a page on mental illness and abusive relationships. I'll add more pages as I think of them.

WafflesMgee, right now I've got your contact information as "PM", but if there are some alternate ways you prefer, let me know.
    Similarly, GuardianTempest, it would help if you'd link your DeviantArt (GuardianTempest on DA is a deactivated account). I don't actually know what VM is, so if that's something you can link, that would be helpful.

I know that this place is inactive, but it helps a lot to post and show that these services really are out there.

Added a little extra to it, characters and abilities. I'm fine with just PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessepinwheel View Post
    Similarly, GuardianTempest, it would help if you'd link your DeviantArt (GuardianTempest on DA is a deactivated account). I don't actually know what VM is, so if that's something you can link, that would be helpful.
    VM Stands for Visitor Messages, perhaps I should've mentioned that at the start. Also, Here's a link to my DeviantArt account.

The front page has been edited.

Just a note, there's a sort of format for if you're being a server. Copied from the Servers and Reference Information section:

To get listed under Services, just make a post here or PM me with the following information:
    • The service(s) you are willing to offer (e.g., feedback, ideas discussion, proofreading). Please make sure that you can actually deliver on whatever you're offering.
    • Your focus in writing/details on service(s) (i.e., your writing strengths).
    • The type of writing you are willing to work with (e.g., wRHG pages, poetry, short fiction, essays, first drafts). Please only work with things you have some experience with.
    • Anything you would like your patrons to do before contacting.
    • Preferred method(s) of contact.
    • (If desired) links to examples of your service or writing.

If you are offering information services (meaning strictly reference, not discussing hypotheticals or ideas), list your topics, sorted by the following:
    • Your firsthand experience (Things that you actually do or have had happen to you)
    • Your secondhand experience/knowledge (Things you have studied. Only list topics you're confident about.)
    • Information you have access to from other sources (Most likely firsthand experience from a friend)
    • Preferred method(s) of contact.

If you don't fill in a part, I'm going to make up some generic default answer.

Eh, as far as resources go if anyone has a character who lives in an apartment but lives at home in real life, I can be a little bit of a hand. For a visual reference, this is what a decent one bedroom looks like, the studios I've seen are just the size of the last room.

Spoiler for There's 8 picture here. If your character is female, ignore the mess:

Other than that, I try to get to things in general, but for specifics or what not or if I miss something someone wants pointers on, I'm available by PM.
    Last edited by Crank; 03-29-2015 at 04:19 PM.

The front page has been updated again. I'm trying to make the reference documents section easier to read.

Speaking of, if anyone has a topic that they think should be covered, let me know and I'll try to fish up relevant articles to put up there. A lot of the articles up there right now are things that I've used in recent stories, but obviously there are useful topics besides grammar and style or medical. The larger the variety, the better (probably).

Offering some information services here. Best to contact me on this thread or PM.

Topics (First Hand Experience):
    Spoiler for :

Second Hand/Knowledge
    Spoiler for :
    Last edited by Kyra; 04-01-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Oh hey I can be reference too
    Firsthand Experience: Tropical climate, urban Filipino culture, unhealthy shut-in lifestyle, living with a "special needs" sibling, programming basics, bicycle riding, Flash animation (PFFFFHAHAHAH)
    Secondhand Information: Mainstream internet culture (not just memes), Filipino history, obscure video games
    Firsthand Experience (Other Source): Philippine Air Force logistics (father), nursing and medicine (sister), pediatrics (stepmother)

I could update this in the future
    v (not my thing but please read) v

Flash CS6 || R.I.P. Fileize - "I didn't get to steal from pros" || Works slowly due to IRL Problems
    RHG: 親愛な雨 - Shinnai na Ame
    Daydreams and Concepts (Last Major Update: 11/09/13)

All right, I've updated again, now that the forums are not incredibly hard on the eyes.

Just for clarification in case I didn't explain it very well the first time, the difference between firsthand knowledge and secondhand knowledge is that firsthand knowledge is practical and applied while secondhand knowledge is theoretical. If you read a lot about birds or studied economics, that would be secondhand knowledge. If you were an ornithologist who physically worked with birds or did actuary work, that would be first-hand knowledge.

And please feel free to actually contact some people and request help! That's what this thread is for, after all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information