StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Help Board] Writers' Rendezvous--Writing Resources and Feedback

Hello, so I was wandering around and I stumbled into this lovely website: https://draftin.com/

It's very clean and has a lot of features for writers, like collaboration, version control, and copy-editing. From what I've seen so far, it's a lot better for collaborative writing (and writing in general) than things like Google Docs, because it's designed specifically for writers. If this is the sort of thing that makes you happy, you should give it a look-see.

Also http://www.hemingwayapp.com/ is a good lil' thing to use. Identifies things that adverb use, passive voice, and ease of reading.

It would be remiss of me to not mention Grammarly, which looks over work for common grammar and spelling mistakes including punctuation usage. It does require an account, but it's free (with extra, paid features of you're into that).

There is also The Grammarist, a blog about phrase and word usage. They have entries on a huge portion of commonly mistaken words, as well as other fun stuff with word choice and idioms.

If you are writing across the pond and you're trying for the regional flavor (or flavour), you might want the services of Oxford Dictionaries, which lets you search in UK or NA dictionaries (among others). It also has articles on grammar and different terms from American to British English.

I already mentioned Draft, but what I didn't mention is that it has an option to add a word quota per day, with an option to email you reminders. It also tracks how much you write and during which hours you're most productive. (I recommend trying Draft.)

Chromium7
    Service(s): Ideas, Discussion, & Suggestion
    Focus: Shared Continuity & Collaborative Ethics
    Work Requirements: None, probably
    Patron Requirements: None, probably
    Examples: uh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information