StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Drug Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Exilement View Post
    you can't really abuse hallucinogenics like LSD or mushrooms, you build a short-term tolerance to them very quickly and the experience is generally not one you'd want to repeat on a regular basis.
    mushrooms especially kick you on your ass if you go overboard

Whales Are Some Fat Fish! Sea Beast's Avatar
    What about all these non violent drug crimes? Marijuana and LSD don't really have any reason to be illegal, and it would be alot better for a kid to just get stoned off real weed legally instead of buying designer drugs at a head shop and overdosing on some nasty unnatural crap. Ever heard of Dimethyltryptamine? It's a psychoactive chemical found in nearly every living organism on Earth, and is produced by the human brain. It produces a ten minute hallucinogenic high when smoked and is used in shamanistic ceremonies in other countries. It's non addictive, and there's plenty of more issues brought up by this drug in particular. It's illegal in the United States, when it should really be researched thoroughly. It's mainly this particular psych that brings up skepticism when it comes to it being illegal, especially since it's so rare and unheard of, yet so incredibly common and natural.

What do you mean by non addictive?

No chemical substances in it that cause addiction directly?
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Beast View Post
    What about all these non violent drug crimes? Marijuana and LSD don't really have any reason to be illegal, and it would be alot better for a kid to just get stoned off real weed legally instead of buying designer drugs at a head shop and overdosing on some nasty unnatural crap. Ever heard of Dimethyltryptamine? It's a psychoactive chemical found in nearly every living organism on Earth, and is produced by the human brain. It produces a ten minute hallucinogenic high when smoked and is used in shamanistic ceremonies in other countries. It's non addictive, and there's plenty of more issues brought up by this drug in particular. It's illegal in the United States, when it should really be researched thoroughly. It's mainly this particular psych that brings up skepticism when it comes to it being illegal, especially since it's so rare and unheard of, yet so incredibly common and natural.
    DMT is one of my favourite drugs, and one of the cleanest and safest that I know of. it's readily metabolized by the body and has no adverse effects (apart from those involved in smoking it), and can produce life changing revelations. the fact that people have been given criminal records for it is both sickening and counterproductive. these laws are supposedly in place to protect us, but nobody is being protected here - there isn't anything to protect them from. instead, they simply damage and brand the individuals the law is supposedly there to protect.

the same applies to many other drugs - often the punishment that is supposed to protect people from using a drug is far worse than what the drug would actually do if the person kept using it. it's ridiculous.

on a related note, MAPS (multidisciplinary association for psychedelic studies) is doing great work on the decriminalization front - especially for LSD, mushrooms, and MDMA. by researching the application of drugs as medicine, they're changing perspectives - like what has been happening lately with marijuana. they recently won a large sum of money from reddit donate, too. hopefully they put it to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    What do you mean by non addictive?

No chemical substances in it that cause addiction directly?
    DMT does not cause any physical dependence whatsoever, and I can't imagine it would possibly cause any mental dependence either. the body metabolizes it completely very quickly and then acts as if nothing ever happened.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 03-01-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    DMT does not cause any physical dependence whatsoever, and I can't imagine it would possibly cause any mental dependence either. the body metabolizes it completely very quickly and then acts as if nothing ever happened.
    Literally anything can addict mentally, though that's a little irrelevant when comparing dangers of substances.
    Spoiler for quotes:

Striving to be understood

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    Literally anything can addict mentally, though that's a little irrelevant when comparing dangers of substances.
    trying to call DMT addictive is like trying to call space travel addictive. maybe an individual could somehow become addicted to it, but that's purely their personality and has nothing to do with the substance.

in fact, the whole "mentally addictive" argument is a load of crap. if somebody becomes mentally dependent on a substance that doesn't foster any physical dependence, there's clearly something else going on. you don't get stoned every day unless you're having some issues in life with being not stoned. it's a symptom of some other problem, you can't call it a cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    trying to call DMT addictive is like trying to call space travel addictive. maybe an individual could somehow become addicted to it, but that's purely their personality and has nothing to do with the substance.

in fact, the whole "mentally addictive" argument is a load of crap. if somebody becomes mentally dependent on a substance that doesn't foster any physical dependence, there's clearly something else going on. you don't get stoned every day unless you're having some issues in life with being not stoned. it's a symptom of some other problem, you can't call it a cause.
    Some guy tried to convince me that he was addicted to pot.

I just told him that he just enjoyed how it felt to be high more than he enjoyed money and his own life.

"Isn't that what addiction is?"

"No, it's called being weak-willed."

Whelp, I don't really care if drugs are legal or not. It all comes down to choice. I choose not to drink, smoke, nor do any drugs. People should be aloud to do as they wish, and let whatever consequences follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickly View Post
    i'm not really interested in this discussion, i just came here to post.
    thank you for your valuable input

scarecrow gets so buttmad about drugs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information