StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anti-Drug Laws

Quote Originally Posted by RawGreen View Post
    In my case we live in an apartment. Both me and my mom suffer from varying levels of motion sickness and immunity disorders, hers is more serious than mine.
    When our downstairs neighbor decides to hotbox his apartment with weed, we get sick for a while. We've confronted him about it, but all he said to us is that "It smells so good because it's the good stuff", and if we called the police I know he'd loose his daughter because he's on his last straw with the government.

Now- I'd have to say it'd be alright if there were rules and restrictions on where you can get stoned. Like if the landlord says it's okay it'd be listed in the lease and it'd be a OK(I wouldn't live there but it'd be OK in my book). If you own the house or the lot, I'm sure that would also be fine. Similar to how there's Hookah bars and Clubs that allow smoking, it wouldn't be bad if there were Pot bars either.
    But Public parks and other Public areas would likely stay off limits.
    similar restrictions to smoking tobacco basically, yeah. that's reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonxf View Post
    If I'm going to draw the line I'll draw it on drug use that can cause significant harm to other people.
    Getting high in private would be legal, getting high and driving would get you in prison

Selling drugs in lethal quantities would be illegal and all drug selling would require the same levels of side effect listing on the packaging and clinical testing to have been carried out on it that drugs from a pharmaceutical shop would have.
    similar restrictions to those on alcohol basically, yeah. that's reasonable.

Whales Are Some Fat Fish! Sea Beast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    that would be a start; making a plant illegal is absurd. their safe use and clinical applications should be researched and implemented as I already described on page 2. likewise for extracts from plants.

synthetics are typically more dangerous simply because they often are new and have not been used widely enough to know what kind of effects they might have. these too should be researched, and made available only if they can be seen to either give an extraordinary/therapeutic experience that outweigh side effects if used responsibly, or to be safe enough to be used freely. details should be decided on a case-by-case basis by relevant professionals.

i guess what i'm saying is, the line should be drawn by open minded doctors and researchers - not by politicians who react with a knee jerk ban for anything that might cause people to start questioning things.
    One thing I'd like to add is that synthetic man made drugs that can be received via prescription are one of the worse drugs out there. Millions of people are suffering from brutal addiction to drugs like opiates and benzodiazepams, compared to almost nobody suffering from drugs like Ecstasy, LSD, Marijuana, Shrooms. The worst drugs ever created were man made. Look at Meth or heroin or morphine. It's outrageous that somebody can tell a psychiatrist that they're depressed and get ahold of Zoloft and Xanax, but if they consume certain naturally occurring plants, they go to jail.

Xanax is one of the hardest drugs in the world.

I second.

Whales Are Some Fat Fish! Sea Beast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutsu View Post
    Xanax is one of the hardest drugs in the world.

I second.
    Definitely worse and more addictive than weed. Not to mention, Xanax can easily be substituted for weed, but no one wants that because then someone can grow their own medicine and not have to pay for a prescription.

Hey, I don't agree with the previous commentator. You know, there are few addicted to marijuana, particularly to cbd. If you want proofs - view it! Or you are just so conservative and refuse to accept the facts. Just take it easy, man.

You might think that doing drugs is fun and stuff and committing crime is an excitement for someone , but it's just not worth it. Drugs really hurts you and you should avoid doing that. If you can't help smoking, you better take https://deliciousnimbus.com/collections/premium-e-juice and vape - it absolutely legal and free to use. And cheaper as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information