StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flippyflip

flippyflip

http://sta.sh/09w30hcyzh
    really short thing, just wanted to get the physics of flipping down, since I'd never really dabbled in that in fear of being called a guz syrius ripoff
    I seriously couldn't get it at first tbh, the bro pivotblimp had to basically teach me how it was done
    cnc and stuff is appreciated as always
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

the flips are going to fast...
    but nice style

Back from the dead

Signature found somewhere in FaceBook

its okej i gues, bit too fast i need to watch few more times to understand how exactly does those flips
    If it bleeds, we can kill it.

too fast huh? Thanks guys
    I'm not sure how someone would flip slowly realistically, but I'll keep it in mind. The problem is probably that my framing is off

It looks a bit choppy, and a little stop and go, too. It's still pretty good, though.

Spoiler for other things that I have in my signature but aren't about lincoln chafee and how hilarious he looks:

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    It looks a bit choppy, and a little stop and go, too. It's still pretty good, though.
    at what points specifically is it choppy

I feel like the the momentum is uneven at a few different places. Though it is a bit hard to find specific places due to the speed of the animation, I think that one example is that when he is about half way through the first attack, he suddenly gains momentum. He also seems to lose a bit too much horizontal speed when he is crouching after the first attack, then snaps into the second too quickly. The animation is still pretty good, though; I might just be seeing things.

Spoiler for other things that I have in my signature but aren't about lincoln chafee and how hilarious he looks:

I really like this. The movements are really good, and the transition between the two flips works well. Quiet honestly, I don't really understand the second flip, I don't really get it, it looks like a spinning side kick or something. It could be a little slower in general, in reality, people don't flip slow, but they do flip a little slower than in your animation.
    After the second flip, when he hops backwards, I think the pause is too big, he stops for a bit too long, but overall, a very good animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I feel like the the momentum is uneven at a few different places. Though it is a bit hard to find specific places due to the speed of the animation, I think that one example is when he is about half way through the first attack, when he suddenly gains momentum. He also seems to lose a bit too much horizontal speed when he is crouching after the first attack. The animation is still pretty good, though; I might just be seeing things.
    I wasn't saying you're wrong, I'm not good at spotting things in my own animations so I wanted you to be a bit more specific, it's really helpful
    Edit: spectre thanks dude. I did think that the pause was a bit too long before the hop but I honestly couldn't be assed to fix it cus that wasn't what I was practicing
    and yes it's kinda like a spinning side kick
    Last edited by Drone; 03-04-2015 at 09:53 PM.

lol no problem. If only I could criticize my own animations without so much bias.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information