StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Who had the best story?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • WafflesMgee

5 55.56%
  • Cassandra

2 22.22%
  • ErrorBlender

2 22.22%
  • Aquila

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [wRHG Tournament]: An ill conceived notion (Round 2 Vote)

[wRHG Tournament]: An ill conceived notion (Round 2 Vote)

As was agreed upon, the deadline arrived and here is the voting thread.

As a reminder for those who didn't check the original post, there will also be on top of each submission the objectives delineated by Lobotomizer at the start of the round however:

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotomizer
    To entertain:

The goal is no longer what it seems. It is not to reach the end. It is not to record the entirety of the journey. It is not to overcome given handicaps with trivial effort. It is to entertain. Only creativity is rewarded; following the guidelines is secondary.

Here are the participants:

Quote Originally Posted by Waffles' task
    Handyman

Starving: It's hunt-a-gladiator time.

Hidden in plain sight: When discovered, Handyman will be seen glowing to the discoverer, making an easy target even in the dark.

Puppeteer and the puppeted: Limbs jerk uncontrollably. Even his tongue now seems unreliable.

Mortality in Immortality: Severe injury to point of being incapable of combat results in dormancy, and subsequently defeat.
    Spoiler for WafflesMgee:

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra's task
    Venox

Those who fail to listen: Deafness. Not a single sound can be heard.

Grasping falsities: Hallucinations abound, except they affect all senses. So seemingly real, that they cannot be perceived through.

Knowledge without knowledge: Venox has lost all knowledge of each gladiator's identity, retaining only his previous feelings towards them.

Action without action: Venox's presence and location is immediately noticeable by those within meters of him. His opponents seem to know his every action that he attempts.
    Spoiler for Cassandra:

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila's task
    L.L. Bust

Detached: L.L. Bust can no longer keep his emotions in check. They force themselves on him, drowning his own thoughts and guiding his actions. Only strong willpower can keep them at bay, and only just.

Alone: Severe paranoia overcomes L.L. Bust. Betrayal seems imminent no matter where he looks.
    Spoiler for Aquila:

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender's task
    Bl.An.C

Grounded in reality: Every action has its cause. But now Bl.An.C is forced into a reality where nothing is explainable, everything being false. He has lost all sense of direction. The land seems to warp beneath him, and the trees sway as if alive. But being able to touch and feel what should have been a hallucination seemed to suggest it was all real. Even the simplest logic seems hard to grasp now.

"There is no order in chaos", the voice echoes, "accept, or drown in its transiency."

Aloof: Bl.An.C is completely unable to tell the identity of each person. Their voices the same, and their appearance warps when he tries to discern them.
    Spoiler for ErrorBlender:

Alternatively, Error also sent me a Google Docs version, so, if you'd rather read from there, you can either click here or on the word "It" on the next post

And there we have it. Everyone's submissions. Have fun reading them.
    If any of the participants notice any kind of formatting errors, tell me and I'll edit them as soon as I can.

Please vote fairly. CnC and an ellaboration on whom you voted and why are encouraged.

The pool will last for about a week and a half. It ends on the last day of March
    Last edited by SJCRPV; 03-25-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Error has sent me his submission

I'll have it later, sorry.

It.
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 03-24-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Spoiler for :

At last, Error has submited his entry. Give it a read : D

HOT GOD DAMN
    I almost gave up you as a person, Blender.

This is some good stuff. Lobo will be pleased. Hopefully.
    Last edited by RichardLongflop; 03-25-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Great job ErrorBlender!

I really like the way your story described the shifting landscape and Handyman's attacks. That written work is EPIC.

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Quote Originally Posted by The Government
    But we're going to lay down the lines. The pattern. The FRAMEWORK upon which these stories and canons can build. That way we don't have people scribbling all over the page like a spasmatic retard and saying the lines aren't there, because they are and will be.

Here's what I can say , they're not much but here we go.

WafflesMgee:
    Spoiler for :

Cassandra:
    Spoiler for :

Aquila:
    Spoiler for :

EDIT: Thanks Cass, I appreciate it

Spoiler for :

Thanks for the CnC Error! I appreciate it.

About the "blindness" thing...well, it did say that night vision was disabled, and my setting was in forested darkness. Venox couldn't see because there was no light to see by. I didn't put torches in the tower (whoops, lemme get my level editor XD), so he couldn't see in there either.

Yes, I admit making the Darkwing fly was unfair...but I only misread the instructions. I thought that only Venox was affected by the no-fly rule, but after reading your story I realized your aerial bots were finding it hard to get off the ground. :O That was a major mess-up element in my story...sorry. :P

Wow, Venox went through a lot. He got attacked by things he couldn't see (my story), had his sanity torn apart by a body-horror beast (Aquila's story), made friends with the same creature (WafflesMcgee's story), and pulled off a successful vanishing act (your story lol).

I guess L.L. Bust got a little "busted" up too, didn't he?

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Quote Originally Posted by The Government
    But we're going to lay down the lines. The pattern. The FRAMEWORK upon which these stories and canons can build. That way we don't have people scribbling all over the page like a spasmatic retard and saying the lines aren't there, because they are and will be.

I'm not going to focus on grammar and such because it wasn't the point of this round.

Spoiler for Waffles Mgee:

Spoiler for Cassandra:

Spoiler for Aquila:

Spoiler for ErrorBlender:

Said a lot about Cassandra's, couldn't say much about Aquila's because he was doing some verbal moonwalking, and Blender's was written rather well except he missed a few big things and the ending says how rushed he was to finish it.

Whoo.

Thanks Waffles. The Aloof part was kind of vaguely used there. I understood that the Aloof part was tha he couldn't recognize the voices but when L.L. Bust brought out a gun [or what hazy figure it looked to be] and the mention of the deal, Bl.An.C.'s mind simply trusted him to be the bounty hunter.

That's it. Bust's Paranoia, I forgot completely. I agree that the not only the head could've been plaster white for the sake of the outline but I wanted Bl.An.C. a clear sight on the head since it would be pivotal to the story. The conflict I portrayed here was inner conflict in Bl.An.C., the clashing of beliefs in reality and how he had to forego whatever he knew before in order to continue. But all has been said and done, the work is here and its up to the reader to understand without my explanation. Hah.

But again, thanks for the CnC. I very much appreciate it.

Spoiler for :

Oof, I had a hard time picking between Waffles and Error, honestly. But in the end I have to pick Waffles.

Waffles: VERY nice work, friend. You seemed to follow this round's entertainment prompt rather well, so kudos on that. Overall, i really enjoyed the pace of your story; it wasn't too fast, not too slow. The only thing that even really bothered me at all were the few instances where you did seem to switch tenses, but I absolutely loved it overall. Good job, Dick. <3
    )A somewhat personal gripe I have is the way Bl.An.C talked. He's typically much more calculating and monotonous, and not so many "expletives". (Even if he was suffering from some weird :I

Cassandra: Can I just say I absolutely love the descriptions in your work. Just, truly well done. And it's quite impressive how well you managed to describe the area through the senses of a blind, deaf, "man"-thing. However, I found quite a few of your sentences a little too short. I feel as if that your awkward pacing of certain scenes drew away from the actual quality of the story, and I was too busy starting a new sentence to really comprehend the previous one.. But overall, your descriptions were hella, and I love little Nightwing. <3

Aquila: I think the biggest gripe I had with your work was the length. I enjoy reading what you write quite a lot, but the length with yours just didn't do it for me. However, on the bright side, I liked the whole emotion prompt for Bust. Using Venox's deafness and blindness to incite his rage, and the sass he gives after Handy feeds on Venox, that part was creative, so kudos to you my friend. <3

Errorblender: First off, fantastic work. Just through and through a very well written piece. However, the reason Waffles got my vote over you was due to one thing that bugged me. The pace in the beginning of your work seemed.. Too slow. Bl.An.C had a lot to take in, what with being in a reality where nothing is as he knew, but the pace of your story made it seem as if he was perfectly fine with it, and it dragged on a bit. Even though he's pretty good at keeping his emotions in check, I think it would have been a bit more entertaining if we had seen him freak out, even if just a tiny bit more. The pace didn't seem to pick up until about the middle of the "fight", but then the end was so near it didn't seem to have enough time to really sink in. That's all I really have to say about your piece, and in the end, it was a tough decision between you and Waffles. Very nice work, EB. <3

--Pew Pew--

Spoiler for OP CURRENT MASCOT:
    Spoiler for Old Stuff <3:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wRHG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information