StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RHG Community Suggestions

I feel like "being human" actually is an acceptable weakness because, as Waffles said, people are fragile sacks of blood and bones. It is basically the lack of a "physical enhancement."

Spoiler for other things that I have in my signature but aren't about lincoln chafee and how hilarious he looks:

Professional Homosexual AwesTube's Avatar
    I dont know if this should work on here or the stickpage related discussion but YOLO. I think it would be neat if there was a page on the main site for RHGs and RHG battles, like on fluidanims.com

Quote Originally Posted by AwesTube View Post
    I dont know if this should work on here or the stickpage related discussion but YOLO. I think it would be neat if there was a page on the main site for RHGs and RHG battles, like on fluidanims.com
    I don't think that it's really likely, but yeah, I was wondering about this, too. It would be great if they brought back the old format with the leader boards and stuff.

Spoiler for other things that I have in my signature but aren't about lincoln chafee and how hilarious he looks:

As I said, I'd have posted another time about RHG clans and Penalties

RHG Clans

About this point, I'm gonna write something that some people may consider elitist/coercitive or something like that, but I frankly think they might change the current state of things (in the better way I hope at least :\)

The first thing I want to talk about is about trying to think about why did RHG clans started in the first place
    Considering RHGs were (and are) meant for battles, RHG clans (follwing the old rules stone wrote on Fluidanims and the ones he wrote here (they're basically the same, so it's not necessary for you to use the archives to go back to fluidanims)) are meant for wars, having 6 people trying to wreck other 6 and viceversa. However, I noticed some things that instead show us a different thing from what it is supposed to be happening:
    -Territories have lost their meaning: it's no more about people from one territory being against people from another, but it simply isn't anything at all
    -Territory leaders do not exist and no activites are organized. If they're organized, they have almost nothing to do with wars
    -Many inexperienced people, instead of trying to join existing clans, try to start their own, with the majority of them having extreme short runs and people who got in there have nothing left from that experience (or so I think)
    -Clans are literally own worlds in which people do whatever they want: they're more like group chat/collaborations projects threads than threads meant for "wars"

Because of these reasons, I think that some actions should be taken and these are the ones I suggest
    Another thing before putting the suggestions: about penalties, I think they should be used as a deterrent to make people follow the rules. However, since they can't be just something like infractions or bans all day in, I think they must be according to the "infraction" made (I'm gonna write what I think they should be about too)

About starting a clan

Put a general time limit for tryouts sessions

A lot of clans put as an excuse to their inactivity the "tryout session", since if they're not 6 full people they're not able to hold a mouse in their hands and animate. For this reason, considering that the point of my argument is to bring back clan wars, I suggest to put as a general rule that a clan, from the day it is brought up or from the day a member leaves, has a tot limit of days to hold the tryouts. In the case the clan isn't full for the due date, as a penalty, the clan must be disbanded and the leader cannot make another clan before tot time passes (1 month, 2 months, dunno)

Reduce the amount of "Tryout hopping"

By "Tryout hopping" I mean when someone announces his desire to do a tryout for multiple clans. In the end, it can end in many way:
    -He doesn't do a tryout for any of them, showing that he was only seeking attention from multiple people without actually caring for them
    -He does a tryout for only one of them, leaving the other clans he didn't tryout for with their sums not adding up and the one he tried out for with a bad impression about him
    -He does a tryout and uses it for every single clan he announced his partecipation for, showing that he doesn't actually care in which clan he gets into
    Considering that in all the cases I described it doesn't end well, I suggest for considering all announcements about showing desire to tryout for a certain clan as spamming, so that if you want to join a clan you THINK (I know you can use that brain of yours for once) only about making the tryout without instead changing opinion every 10 seconds since you gained the attention you were seeking for

_-I won't cover points like how to manage the clan, since I don't think it's necessary-_

About bringing back activity

Organize clan wars on a regular basis

My suggestion is about making something of more organized: basically, we bring back the "territory leaders" and we let them organize clan wars (they choose who goes against who). About who should fight who, when should they fight and for how long, it is not relevant right now. The most important thing though is that they actually keep the clans active: it can be 2 clan joints as Stone wrote on the rules (with the templates being given by third parties, done by members or something like that), 6 people versus 6 people in single RHG fights, it can be everything; the important thing is that clans finally start to interact with each other

Put wins/losses consequences

By this I mean to basically apply the rules as they have been written: who wins, gets one member; who loses, loses one member
    If we want to make things interesting, we can also make that who loses must change his leader, otherwise the clan must be disbanded
    In the case people start forfeiting even though the clan war was organized, I think it should end in 2 ways depending on the situation

-1 clan forfeits, the other finishes their parts
    They lose 2 members and the other 4 can't be involved anymore for anything that regards RHG clans for tot times, resulting into having the clan disbanded and them not being able to tryout for or start other clans (days moths, your choice)
    -Both clans forfeit
    Both clans are disbanded, members cannot be involved both in tryouts or clan making and the amount of time doubles for everyone

Considering however that if a clan starts always winning they'll have too many members, I thought about modifying a little the concept of having "allies"
    When a clan has a total of 12 members, 6 members must form another clan in the same (or not) territory. The new clan formed and the old clan are "allies". About "rivals", I think it is a title it should be given to clans against which you lost

Put back the armory/sound effects sections into clan pages

I think I should be writing something more, but now it's too late: I may edit this tomorrow or something

I don't really like the idea of those kinds of penalties for clan wars, as it would remove some of the fun and freedom of it all. Having to give one member to the other clan would be stupid, because the person being traded might just not want to be in that clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I don't really like the idea of those kinds of penalties for clan wars, as it would remove some of the fun and freedom of it all. Having to give one member to the other clan would be stupid, because the person being traded might just not want to be in that clan.
    It's like if your rhg would be to loose abilities or weapons after you lose or forfeit to a fight.
    also, I don't think people would take the risk to get consequences by doing clan battles. They would not do them at all most of the time.

Also working so hard to tryout and get into a clan, simply to be removed after the clan loses, does not make sence. And even if that would be to append, having them not being able to join or create a clan is simply rude.

overall, these are bad ideas. (OVERALL)
    Last edited by generalZ; 03-27-2015 at 08:32 PM.

Spoiler for Links:

I think the addition of there being "clan points" like there are for individual rhgs would motivate people to do clan wars more. I don't, however, think that most of this stuff should be forced upon clans, because some of them just like to hang out, and there really isn't anything wrong with that. More freedom and but also structure in clan interaction would be great, though.

I think the addition of there being "clan points" like there are for individual rhgs would motivate people to do clan wars more. I don't, however, think that most of this stuff should be forced upon clans, because some of them just like to hang out, and there really isn't anything wrong with that. More freedom and but also structure in clan interaction would be great, though.
    What I tried to solve was about the "forfeit" factor
    Most people do not finish what they're meant to not only because they can't finish it for any possible reason, but also because they know they won't get anything if they show nothing, while the ones they're against not only finish their work, but when they find it out they're not that much happy (5 people forfeited against me and I think I know how bad it feels to have your opponent forfeiting)

The thing about "hanging out" and "freedom" is that if you give too much, they'll always go for the lazy choice. Or better, making them understand that it is not only about them with incentives that actually make them really care about is a better choice than just pray for them to follow a good behaviour

I feel like "being human" actually is an acceptable weakness because, as Waffles said, people are fragile sacks of blood and bones. It is basically the lack of a "physical enhancement."
    no.

Everyone is assumed to be human unless stated otherwise. Ever heard of that saying that goes something like "when everyone is X, no-one is X"? When everyone has human weaknesses, then no-one should have it. As in, we know everyone has it, no need to show it.

People use it as weakness filler. There are people whose weakness list is just "being human", nothing else. Just that one thing. No. Fuck off. Never come back.

In RHG we're giving people special abilities and powers. We should list weaknesses that go WITH THEM. Otherwise, why not list the goddamn human strengths in the abilities list too? Have some filler for THAT. OH wait no you don't want to have too many things in there or else it'd look OP at a first glance well shit, that's filler for you. Don't use it.

But yeah. ability-related weaknesses. A weakness would be something that disables that ability or lets one work around it. A limit, something that should be put alongside the ability itself instead of in the weaknesses, is not a weakness. As I said, give a guy a revolver, he only has six shots. That's a limit. He can still kill with those shots. It's just a detail of his ability. It ain't no goddamn weakness.

Also another thing that new rhg'ers should keep in mind is when they come up with an ability... FIND SOMETHING YOU CAN PORTRAY/ANIMATE. An example of something that someone new to flash shouldn't consider as an ability is "creating black-holes, Illusions...etc" Pick an ability catered to your animation ability because it doesn't matter how cool the ability if you can't animate it properly so that your audience understands whats going on. People shouldn't have to read your abilities the demo you make should give them a good idea of their abilities.

TRYOUT ARE OPEN CLICK ON "BEYOND" TO FIND OUT MORE!!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information