StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: StickPage Related Discussion

Hmm. I'll post a few screenshots to explain what I mean a bit better. This is on Chrome btw:

Then I italicize part of my post:

The text cursor moves back to the end of what I italicized, backspacing the words there instead. This is a pretty small inconvenience, but in a post that uses lots of spread-out bold text or italics or size changes, it's a hassle that's been there for years. It would be pretty sweet if this turned out to be an easy fix.
    Last edited by Devour; 03-30-2015 at 03:05 AM.

In your deepest fantasy. poppetje3D's Avatar
    You know what would be fun. If we could make posts funnies and all these other options. Just like on facepunch or whatever its called.

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Mo' Italics Mo' Problems
    This has never happened to me. I just tried it right now. Been using Firefox for ages. Maybe the browser is the problem

Idk Devour that kind of doesn't happen with mine :/ I tried typing, highlighting, and pressing ctrl + I, and what you described didn't happen. I tried pressing ctrl + I first, then typing, and it still didn't happen. I'm using chrome too.

You guys need to specify what kind of text interface you're using. There's basic, standard and enhanced, you can find which one you're using under "General Settings" in your profile settings.

I used enhanced for a while and I had the same problem Devour is having, but it doesn't happen with the other two.

Please only use this thread for serious discussion related to the site, thanks. To be honest I don't think minor annoyances with software I am not familiar with will be addressed unless it's a very easy fix. It would take more time than it's worth to figure out how vBulletin works in regards to that specific editor.
    Last edited by Jeff; 04-02-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Neat, I've noticed that I can delete my posts on the mobile version. Can others do this as well?

You're a mod devour. You can delete your own posts.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

Quote Originally Posted by _Ai_ View Post
    You're a mod devour. You can delete your own posts.
    Oh. I knew that. Right....

;_;

Is the website (like, outside the forums) ever going to have a make over? It kind of feels like it's obsolete in terms of design tbh. And I feel like it doesn't highlight enough of what's currently going on at Stickpage. The Stick Empires button is like just something below the new animations, and it's not highlighted that the new animations are part of the currently running Stickpage competition.

There are two buttons for "Stick Fights", "Stick Games", "Stick Humor", and "Stick Forum" and they're very close to each other. "Stick Search" leads to a weird page that seems like it was started but was forgotten (the page is labeled "Stick Games"). There's a "Loading" thing but idk if it's just because of my internet that runs on hamster but nothing seems to finish loading.

The news about stickpage is like, on the very bottom of the page and doesn't seem like it's actually important. Stone's avatar isn't even in there.

And there's that message thing that pops up when you hover on the tab that says "Stick Page - Best Online Stickfigure Movies and Stick Games, with flash games, movies, all free Xiao Xiao style." I have some issues with this:

1. It's redundant
    2. I think StickPage should really have some kind of slogan that isn't just "we're the best". I don't really have any suggestions at the moment, but I think it's something to at least think about.
    3. It's 2015; are we really STILL giving Xiao Xiao the spotlight after about 15 or so years?
    4. Is it "Stickpage", "StickPage", or "Stick Page"? I don't know if this is a big deal but it kind of irks me that I've been using "Stickpage" all this time while the logo says "StickPage" but the message thingy in the tab says "Stick Page". It'd be nice to have a little consistency.

It's just that Stickpage doesn't seem to present itself like a serious website but rather it looks like something run by a high school student that has a good handle at making websites. I'm not saying it should have a separate marketing division or anything like that, but it just seems kind of like it's a non-serious website. We have plenty of artists in Stickpage who I bet can help out in layouting it and just add some flair to it.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information