StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

I found out via DatPiff Que (the guy who made OG Bobby Johnson) dropped a mixtape called The 6th Man. I've been particularly feeling the Intro and Stick Up Kid (second track). Some of the realest shit I've heard in a while. Que still going hard.

http://www.datpiff.com/Que-The-6th-M...pe.690356.html
    http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/que-the-...pe.115768.html

Straight flames and truth out of this guy. Hottest shit I've heard out of ATL.
    Last edited by Damian; 05-03-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    Camila is a music racist
    I heard she hates the Blues.
    Spoiler for Earnings:

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    How do you decide what is and isn't music?
    I mean.... did you click the video?--

Wanna watch this battle? Click HERE for MY part and HERE for GILDEDGUY'S part
    his part is amazing ♥
    Spoiler for stupid stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Camila View Post
    I mean.... did you click the video?--
    Yes I did. The videos were ridiculous but they seemed to be that way on purpose. Regardless, that's irrelevant to whether or not the video's audio content had any musical value. How would you judge that?

I get what you're saying but the question still stands.

List of everything I listen to:
    Waterflame, Streetlight Manifesto, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Yoko Kanno, Nobu Uematsu, Caravan Palace, Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Parov Stellar, Tape 5, The Fat Rat, Nujabes, madlib, gorillaz, ego wrappin, Tycho, akiakane, 385, swingfly, The Shins, The Prodigy, Alvvays, Matt and Kim, Infected Mushroom,夜姫と熊猫, cise starr, DJ Okawari, Substantial, Marcus D, Arctic Monkeys, Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Quote Originally Posted by Tsang View Post
    So Toro Y Moi's latest album dropped not too long ago and this is easily my favorite track on there. Great stuff.
    I didn't except the album to fall, unlike his earlier releases, into rock - dream pop genres (but still with a slice of funk and R&B in there). But It's cool, he's good at making music.

Btw I have been listening to Blues Control, Pure Reason Revolution and Sweet Valley more than other musicians recently. It would be cool if someone has a taste in music similar to mine.

i also like post-hardcore.
    Last edited by Ghombeat; 05-07-2015 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Last edited by Ghombeat; Today at 10:51 PM Reason:
    Spoiler for Aspiration by Aaron Douglas:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghombeat View Post
    I didn't except the album to fall, unlike his earlier releases, into rock - dream pop genres (but still with a slice of funk and R&B in there). But It's cool, he's good at making music.

Btw I have been listening to Blues Control, Pure Reason Revolution and Sweet Valley more than other musicians recently. It would be cool if someone has a taste in music similar to mine.

i also like post-hardcore.
    Dude Blues control sounds trippy as fuck I like it. You should check out jwush.
    http://jwush.bandcamp.com/

I'm not sure if any of you have ever heard of storytelling underground hip-hop, but I've found one song that I might animate soon cuz it's that catchy.

Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Spoiler for Miscellaneous:

I'm a fan of underground rap, but at the same time I'm not too keen on that song honestly. I think if you're going to tell a stoty through rap you have to have the flow and actual lyrical tallent to make it sound like you're actually rapping a story, not reading a Dr Seuss novel to a beat. This is the same problem I have with people like Immortal Technique, they can tell you a rhyming story, but they can't rap a story to you.

This is how you rap a story
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

check this out

https://soundcloud.com/kysora/guitar-solo

just recorded this a few minutes ago, up until now I haven't been able to record something that really demonstrates what I can do on guitar but this comes close. the whole backing track was done in one take, then I did two separate solos over it.

Thread Information