StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended reading

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    The bible, I heard its pretty great for learning how to love people.
    I would advice reading it in hebrew, though. The English translation really isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    The bible, I heard its pretty great for learning how to love people.
    Stick to the New Testament, though, and ignore the bit about Jesus condeming a fig tree to death.

You know, just stick to The Faith and Moral Teachings of Jesus and Nazareth, it's a lot better than any normal bible. It's got nothing but the good stuff.

I also reccomend The Lost Girls by Alan Moore.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Girls

Jean-Paul Sarte - Nausea

sounds abit poncy, but it contains my favourite bit of any book i've ever read

I lean my forehead
    against the windowpane. That old woman annoys me. She trots along obstinately, with unseeing eyes.
    Sometimes she stops, frightened, as if an invisible fear had brushed against her. There she is under my
    window, the wind blows her skirts against her knees. She stops, straightens her kerchief. Her hands
    tremble. She is off again: now I can see her from the back. Old wood louse! I suppose she's going to
    turn right, into the Boulevard Victor-Noir. That gives her a hundred yards to go: it will take her ten
    minutes at the rate she's going, ten minutes during which time I shall stay like this, watching her, my
    forehead glued against the window. She is going to stop twenty times, start again, stop again . . .
    I see the future. It is there, poised over the street, hardly more dim than the present. What
    advantage will accrue from its realisation:1 The old woman stumps further and further away, she stops,
    pulls at a grey lock of hair which escapes from her kerchief. She walks, she was there, now she is here
    ... I don't know where I am any more: do I see her motions, or do I foresee them? I can no longer
    distinguish present from future and yet it lasts, it happens little by little; the old woman advances in
    the deserted street, shuffling her heavy, mannish brogues. This is time, time laid bare, coming slowly
    into existence, keeping us waiting, and when it does come making us sick because we realise it's been
    there for a long time. The old woman reaches the corner of the street, no more than a bundle of black
    clothes. All right then, it's new, she wasn't there a little while ago. But it's a tarnished deflowered
    newness, which can never surprise. She is going to turn the corner, she turnsóduring an eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hayabusa36187 View Post
    The Motorcycle Diaries - Che Guevara
    It just goes to show you that even Communists want to end suffering.

Oh, and I am an Anarchist for the record. Not a Communist. Just look up to him because he wanted all to be equal.
    Like Anarchist, Che is a faggot.

Banned
    Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury

getting into it now, it's pretty good

Sniper
    The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky

Teh 0ne w1t the g@y Nam3 stickfanatic666's Avatar
    The Elegant Universe
    The Dark Tower
    The Book of the New Sun

Start reading... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktron View Post
    Ok then heres a burning taco IN HELL!

Banned
    "The Stranger"(L'Etranger) by Albert Camus

the best book i read in my English class(ironically a french book, we read the English translation), it's a very quick and easy read.

"The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams

a great comedy made into a shitty movie a few years ago, it was also made into a TV series, and i believe a British play at one point.

Anything by Dan Brown is good.

Books in the Sigma series by James Rollins are good.

David Baldacci and Dean Koontz are okay.
    This shit just got Real. But it's all varygoode.

~Twitter|YouTube|Tumblr~

house of leaves

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information