StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: A Writing Musclebuilding Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chamel View Post
    Spoiler for Addiction - Writing Exercise #1:

Words : 337

Meh. Had a little fun with word variation with this.
    Ooh, I like this too. I like your way of displaying tense emotions and the narrator's anxiety. With your vagueness for what it was he was craving, I was expecting it to be something totally unexpected at the end.
    My only advice atm is that at the end, "One pill, two pill," seems to be starting a rhyme. But the addition of "a little" to red pill blue pill broke it. Sentence flow is srs business
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulMurphy View Post
    Feel like joining. So I will, I guess.

Words: Varied... 100 - 1000 (Could get a little into something, or could be rambling a short idea)
    Off days: No more than 2 days of a week.

This is unspecific I feel, but it's sadly how my schedule is at the moment.
    I'll add you too. When do you want to start?

PS: With anyone that's running an ongoing story
    like I am, feel free to discuss it here! I'm all for helping with ideas, and I might do the same with mine down the line.

For example, what I'm writing is a space noir. I don't have much fleshed out because I literally just thought "Oh hey this is a neat idea" and wrote the first thing that popped into my head.
    Last edited by Devour; 04-24-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Sign me up for saturdays to tuesdays. I hope I remember to do this. (I have affected memory.)

K I think I get the basis, I'll go for 400 words daily and same as Crank, two days of my choosing every week. I'll post something here possibly... POSSIBLY later today.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Quote Originally Posted by WafflesMgee View Post
    Sign me up for saturdays to tuesdays. I hope I remember to do this. (I have affected memory.)
    How many words a day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
    K I think I get the basis, I'll go for 400 words daily and same as Crank, two days of my choosing every week. I'll post something here possibly... POSSIBLY later today.
    I'd be careful with people choosing "any two days of the week" as their two days off. It doesn't set a routine to be followed. Anyone who doesn't feel like writing can instead procrastinate and be like "Ehhh Ill just make this my day off" instead of being forced to discipline themselves and sit down and do it anyways. And that path leads to the dark side.

But with that said, you're fine.
    Once we're all officially started, I'll start making daily charts for everyone who did their parts for the day. I find that knowing that I'm writing with other people who are taking the same challenge as me makes me much more inclined to keep it up.

Oh uh. Words. I'm not sure, entirely. 200+? When I get writing I can pump out stuff into the thousands in a session, so 200+ sounds enough for a writing start.

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    PS: With anyone that's running an ongoing story like I am, feel free to discuss it here! I'm all for helping with ideas, and I might do the same with mine down the line.

For example, what I'm writing is a space noir. I don't have much fleshed out because I literally just thought "Oh hey this is a neat idea" and wrote the first thing that popped into my head.
    Gonna be switching around maybe 2 or 3 stories but all continuing through this. Would Victoria be somehow related to the character in Cook's RP? She seems familiar.

Spoiler for :

I'd honestly suggest more "one shot" type shit, since reading through half-baked stories is kind of off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Gonna be switching around maybe 2 or 3 stories but all continuing through this. Would Victoria be somehow related to the character in Cook's RP? She seems familiar.
    I'm using her "personality" but it's in a different universe than Cook's RP
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cook View Post
    I'd honestly suggest more "one shot" type shit, since reading through half-baked stories is kind of off-putting
    This stuff is about writing every day, not about writing nothing but short stories. If you want to do one shot things though that's fine

Sign me up!
    3 break days
    ~~~|\~~~/o/~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Swim, Bob! Swim for your life!
    Spoiler for my RPG personality:

I'll do this as much as I can. 200+ words to start off. My break days would be Monday and Wednesday.

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information