StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SP.NET - War of the Users | Chapter 7 - Looking For Group

SP.NET - War of the Users | Chapter 7 - Looking For Group

Read the Prologue Here:
    Spoiler for Opener:

Table of Contents:
    Chapter 0 - Prologue (it's in the spoiler up there)
    Chapter 1 - Registration is Free
    Chapter 2 - Terms and Conditions
    Chapter 3 - Tutorial Mode
    Chapter 4 - Public Alpha
    Chapter 5 - Closed Beta
    Chapter 6 - First-Person Mode
    Chapter 7 - Looking for Group

Players Revealed:
    ***WARNING SPOILER ALERT*** - Reading the character list is for the sake of catching up; since we update once a week, it's no surprise that you might forget who some characters are (and this story has A TON of them). If you open this spoiler without reading previous chapters, not only will you be confused, but utterly utterly spoiled yourself. So read the whole thing first (shouldn't take more than a few minutes per chapter) before opening this baby up for insightful information.
    Spoiler for Here We Go:

Rules/Mechanics Revealed:
    Spoiler for Da Rules:

Synopsis

The Short Version: 40+ SP Users are tossed into a world where they have to fight each other to the death. Their usernames are their powers.

The Long Version:
    A couple of weeks ago, there was a thread that showcased the flavorful plot of users in this forum having powers akin to their usernames, duking it out in a mindless tournament style competition. That plot continues here, as an official story with an entirely revamped premise. Sorry it took so long, but me and acutelatios had to take a few liberties to the story, as well as making some epic changes.

One of the central dilemmas posed in this adaptation, was whether or not we would fictionalize every character in this story now that the plot is no longer running on the RTU engine. After considering both method's PROs and CONs, we've decided to do both. The story will still retain everyone's usernames and minor history, while the plot itself will altogether be set in an alternate universe where reality and fiction collide. SP-N or the SP-Nexus is a story about Evolution and Change. It is Stickpage 2.0 in not-quite virtual reality.

For now, we leave you with this brief prologue (edit: now it's on top of this post) of what's to come as well as the guarantee that at least 40-50 Users are in this. I had to cull the old list somewhat, removing some 1-off noms, but more or less it shouldn't deter from the old list. Much. If you never make it, don't whine. Some names are just too weird even for us. Read it for the story, not for seeing where you are.

Me and acutelatios' goal is to retain the old schedule and try to update this once per week (the 1st chapter a little earlier though). In addition to hosting the chapters here, I'll also be retaining a master list of revealed characters as well as their power listing for easy reference. Theories and discussion are welcome. You might even try and influence the plot if we think it's worth noting.

Anyways that's all for now.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 02-16-2015 at 03:34 AM.

Oh hell yeah. I've been looking forward to this. The writing itself is good as always and I'm glad to see you haven't forgotten about this.

Also WOO WE GET TO KEEP OUR NAMES!

Awesome. Looking forward to more

Spoiler for :

The writing style is amazing o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Charry View Post
    No fuck off back into the tool shed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztecas13 View Post
    O.M.G JukeJuke was banned on forums

Oh great. Now I'll just be some secondary OBJECT in this story.

Should the speculation for powers begin? xD

Spoiler for :

A normal day in the life
    H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶ _! H̶ ̶O̶ ̶O̶ ̶D̶ ̶S̶ ̶H̶ ̶I̶ ̶T̶_

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    That, for me personally, is always the best part. What, who ends up with. This is quite the fun little "game". I shall read the genius that is the two gods of WL.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Feel free. Although, I would advise speculating against users who haven't appeared yet as that might cause us to subvert your guess in the first place. You can probably guess what Drone is going to be capable of though, but a few more surprises await.

Anyways, let's kick this thing in gear. Starting it off with a short but very informative chapter. Hope it gives the context that everyone needs. Next chapter is already in the works and will be out soon.

Spoiler for Chapter 1:
    Last edited by acutelatios; 09-15-2014 at 12:43 AM.

I've never used an exclamation point on irc and I don't usually use caps, so that was kinda weird for me, but it worked for the narrative
    Really cool stuff though, you basically captured the way I message on irc
    With like
    The way I do stuff
    Like this
    That was a nice touch, not sure if it was intentional. Looking forward to learning more about this whole thing, even though I've been basically written off

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information