StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Catena, Goddess of the Chain || Semi Available

Creative Procrastinator Chaotic Penguin's Avatar

Catena, Goddess of the Chain || Semi Available

Name: Deam Catena (Goddess of the Chain), or simply Catena
    Note: Although I have forfeited against ErrorBlender, he has not yet responded. I assume he is out of town. Will hold off on battle until I have confirmation that he 1) is gone indefinitely 2) gone for a long time or 3) has returned

Abilities:
    Can summon levitating chains from other dimensions to...
    • Wrap enemies!
    • Create walkways!
    • Make rooms (why? I dunno)!
    • Make pseudo-shields! (By pulling layered chains taut)
    • Armor warps to conditions!
    • Can float around (anti-magnetic chains)
    • Can make pillars by braiding chains together

Spoiler for Armor Warping Explanation:

Weaknesses:
    • Being airborne too high - can't summon chains!
    • Extreme heat - chains melt!
    • Extreme speed - mind/eyes can't keep up (nor can chains, but same thing)!
    • Turtles - attacks don't really do that much
    • Close range combat - chain reliant

Limits:
    • Chains cannot reach over 20 meters (all directions, from Catena outward.)
    • Cannot fly over 20 meters into the air.
    • When flying at 20 meters, can summon chains up to 40 meters up (from ground.) Math guys, do it.
    • Chains summoned from Earth. No earth, no chains. Near unlimited amount, though.
    • She cannot multitask beyond human level; don't expect her to shield you, hit the opponent, grab the falling baby, and dunk a basketball at the same time.
    • HOWEVER, once she commands something the command will be followed through by the chains, so they no longer need to be focused upon.
    • All chains are same size (removes "toolbox" factor) (about 1 centimeter thick, 3 centimeters tall, 2 centimeters wide)
    • Pillars can only reach up to 5 meters.

About/Story:
    In the small town of Harvport, metalworking is the profession of many. Skilled metalworkers become famous, and rich. The gifted and humble go down in history. Catrina, a hardworking, tough, and smart girl is more than gifted. Born in a family of blacksmiths, she was raised to bring sheets of metal back and forth from the factory to their workshop. She quickly started to resent her repetitive job, and attempted to move these sheets with her mind, for fun. Instead of achieving her desired effect, the chains within the factory began wrapping around the sheets of metal, crushing them. She smiled with glee. This is where the fun begins! Soon rumors of a girl that could control metal spread, and soon Catrina sought for something more than just metalworking. She quit her job and started training, soon to find that she could summon chains from a pocket dimension as well. Years past, and she set out into the world. And the world watched in awe. She was soon renamed Catena, or "Chain", in Latin.

Personality:
    She is smart, but is sometimes stubborn and gets reckless when fights drag on. If paired with others, however, she always puts her teammates before herself. She tries to harm and maim, but not kill. She will kill, however, if the opponent is deemed too strong to not execute, or when the fight drags on.

Appearance:
    Around 170 cm tall (no customary, sorry), light brown skin, black eyes, silver hair - Long, pushed on left shoulder.
    Wears armor made of chain mail, which can be warped to the occasion. Floats/levitates due to magnetic force.

Spoiler for Demo:

Battles:
    Catena vs Omega (God battle!) (LOST HORRIBLY)
    3v1: Blade Mercs. VS Agent Gamma! (Spar)
    W/L/T/F

Availability:
    No

Hitlist/Bounties
    Marcus (Aric Kale)
    The Handyman (WafflesMgee)
    Dozer (Urako)
    Last edited by Chaotic Penguin; 06-30-2016 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Availiablilityieliseisyt

Do things you can't. The Strongest's Avatar
    Mite confused on whether heat is a weakness or not. Based on your demo, she doesn't care. Your weaknesses say it's a problem.

Is the extreme speed weakness referring to the inability of the chains themselves to keep pace?

Is she herself a fairly unimpressive, or even weak, fighter? Someone who relies on her chains?

How far can her chains reach? Is there a realistic upper limit to the range she can fight at?

How long is her hair, or what style is it?

How effective are the weapons the chains create? The spikes on the ends of chains is understandable, but what about trying to form a blade, like a sword?

She can make rooms. Is there a limit to the quantity of chains she can produce? Are all of the chains capable of flying, or just the ones for her armor?

Is she summoning chains from natural earth? Only existing chains?

Bunch of questions I am left with. I think I like what you have in mind, though.

Alright alright CALM DOWN!!!! Heh. Yeah I got ya. Kinda funny though... You're talking about weapons and fighting and suddenly you're already talking about hair. Anyways, I appreciate your comments and questions. I'll get to elaborating. I have stuff to do so don't expect it to be updated THAT soon.

Update: Done.
    Last edited by Chaotic Penguin; 05-26-2015 at 12:13 AM.

I drop in from time to time.

Ultralight Meme
    wRHG: Catena, Goddess of the Chain
    New RHG in progress...

The Strongest is calm, dude. He just has a lot of questions which will be the case for most new gladiators posted.

For the heat not being a problem for her despite being a weakness, I find it alright. I had a wRHG once that weakened in strength in the presence of light but doesn't show it. His powers get weaker the stronger the light was (ie. teleportation distance was shorter, strength waned and overall speed lessened).

How does the armor warp to condition? Its kind of vague.

Spoiler for :

I'll work on the armor, though I was hoping it would be slightly explained through my demo. Thanks for the CnC and the clarification for Strongest, by the way.

Ultralight Meme
    New RHG in progress...

Nice Job! A few questions..
    -Why is she fighting "The Purple Guy" or as I call him?
    -Why does she put others first? I mean, crushing those metal sheets in her Story probably did not make her family
    very happy..
    -What does “De Fornace flagret!” mean?
    Otherwise, very good job! Might fight you someday, mate! Get ready for Kiro..

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

Ha, ok. So the so called "Purple Guy" is just someone I made up on spot for my demo.
    Putting others first is more of way of saying that if a giant fireball was coming at her friends and herself, she would shield her friends first. Crushing sheets... puberty?
    De Fornace Flagret... I have no idea. Tried to use google translate. Latin looks cool. Basically translate to out of the furnace or the furnace burns (you).

Ultralight Meme
    New RHG in progress...

I quite like this character. A good primary ability. I do wonder though, she can summon near-unlimited chains but being able to summon a lot of something and being able to control something are quite different.

Thing is, a human mind such as Catena's won't be able to focus on more than a few chains at once. Sure, she can visualise them into a room but in real-time a human won't be able to control many things at once. A room is understandable, she just has to visualise a big ol' box. But when it comes to multitasking many chains at once, being able to summon an almost-unlimited amount doesn't matter.

If you imagine her just raising her hand and causing a hundred chains to rise from the ground and start doing five individual tasks, that ain't gonna happen. I'm guessing that she's going to be limited to one task at any one time, or two small ones. Because "Goddess of the Chain" or not, she's still human. Unless she has massive IQ, that's all she's gonna be able to muster.

My character, Handyman, can summon as many arms as his body can hold. He can control these arms individually because 1. He has sonar, allowing 360 degree vision, and 2. he has not got a central mind, his body is a hivemind of arms. Meaning each arm is, when collaborating with each other, conscious of itself, allowing control of itself along with the sonar, meaning pretty much each arm has a mind of its own. But Catena only has one mind.

I understand your logic, and believe that's where I was going with. Sure she could fire a mountain of chains at you, but she can't make toast, fold paper, type, turn on the television, and clean her bed all at the same time. Added
    Last edited by Chaotic Penguin; 05-26-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Ultralight Meme
    New RHG in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Penguin View Post
    I understand your logic, and believe that's where I was going with. Sure she could fire a mountain of chains at you, but she can't make toast, fold paper, type, turn on the television, and clean her bed all at the same time. Added
    Maybe the chains could be controlled subconsciously like the trillions of cells in a human body. It still has its assigned purpose, and it can still be consciously overridden, but otherwise, your brain would control it like any other involuntary body function such as heartbeat, breathing, digestion, etc.
    Last edited by Urako; 05-26-2015 at 09:26 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information