StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gangsta girl drawing

Gangsta girl drawing

My friend made a sketch, I did the rest

link if image didn't work: http://fav.me/d8wx3nw
    Last edited by Drone; 06-11-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Nice may XD
    Youtube Channel
    My RHG Character
    DeviArt

Spoiler for RHG IMAGES + Friends:

Spoiler for Supporter Sig:

Humorless Artist
    The line work already started bad, so it's no surprise the colouring didn't help at all. If anything you've managed to respect the light source to some degree, but everything about the drawing screams a lack of fundamentals. You and your friend are better off doing studies instead, if you are remotely interested in drawing properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
    The line work already started bad, so it's no surprise the colouring didn't help at all. If anything you've managed to respect the light source to some degree, but everything about the drawing screams a lack of fundamentals. You and your friend are better off doing studies instead, if you are remotely interested in drawing properly.
    so what do i do to improve?

Draw. A lot. XD Practice is the best way to improve in anything, no amazing artist got to where they are solely because they had a little talent. I believe there are a couple of stickied threads on this art section that provide some links to good resources to help you, and generally, drawing objects from observation (still lifes) and drawing people from observation as well are what most artists suggest to improve your basic drawing skills. In the end though, the more practice you do drawing anything will help you improve in the long run, becoming good at art takes time and patience.
    LIVESTREAM STATUS: Offline <-- click the thing
    \\ RHG:SPAWNED //

Coming Soon!

but I said i just added color. and this isn't how i draw though.

Then...Relay the info over to your friend who did draw it? I'd still say following these tips, because they are really good. The coloring is fine, which is your part of this, so you did very good, but I feel the face is the biggest problem. The eyes are a bit too big, too far apart, and overall they look kind of fake to me. Please pass this info to your friend, so they he or she can better improve their art.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDogSocks View Post
    Then...Relay the info over to your friend who did draw it? I'd still say following these tips, because they are really good. The coloring is fine, which is your part of this, so you did very good, but I feel the face is the biggest problem. The eyes are a bit too big, too far apart, and overall they look kind of fake to me. Please pass this info to your friend, so they he or she can better improve their art.
    haha. ok i will

Ahhhh I see, I guess I missed that part at the top XD yeah, if you could pass that on to your friend, that'd be great, although what I said (drawing/coloring what's directly in front of you mostly) can apply to coloring as well. Coloring wise, like Lobo said, you respected the light source well which tends to be a breaking point for some people. Whether you stick with the cel shading or try your hand at painting digitally, it would benefit you greatly to look into color theory and the basic Elements and Principles of Art. Searching "tips on color theory" or every iteration of that can pop up some helpful videos on Youtube, although everyone has their own take. And don't be afraid to look at books, the best tips I got about color was through a "How to Draw Fantasy Art" book I picked up from the library by chance, and it taught me great things like how to stick to a color palette, how the color of the light source affects the color of the shadow (complementary colors; yellow light source, purplish shadows) , and so on and so forth.

this website is also quite helpful the next time you color and want colors that go well together: http://color.adobe.com
    LIVESTREAM STATUS: Offline <-- click the thing
    \\ RHG:SPAWNED //

Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaix View Post
    Ahhhh I see, I guess I missed that part at the top XD yeah, if you could pass that on to your friend, that'd be great, although what I said (drawing/coloring what's directly in front of you mostly) can apply to coloring as well. Coloring wise, like Lobo said, you respected the light source well which tends to be a breaking point for some people. Whether you stick with the cel shading or try your hand at painting digitally, it would benefit you greatly to look into color theory and the basic Elements and Principles of Art. Searching "tips on color theory" or every iteration of that can pop up some helpful videos on Youtube, although everyone has their own take. And don't be afraid to look at books, the best tips I got about color was through a "How to Draw Fantasy Art" book I picked up from the library by chance, and it taught me great things like how to stick to a color palette, how the color of the light source affects the color of the shadow (complementary colors; yellow light source, purplish shadows) , and so on and so forth.

this website is also quite helpful the next time you color and want colors that go well together: http://color.adobe.com
    Yeah. thanks. I'm not used to coloring since i always drew in shades of black and white.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information