StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: what is is?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Machete

5 20.83%
  • Knive

2 8.33%
  • Pen

2 8.33%
  • Baseball bat

1 4.17%
  • Spear

6 25.00%
  • Bare hands

4 16.67%
  • add it yourself

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Melee

The Best Melee

i've been playing warband.. , watching the raid , the last samurai , and kyoto inferno , and the raid 2 , and , alfa vs yoyo (alfa ver)
    so, in your opinion what is the best melee in this world? but please dont give direct answer, like...

"katana! cause katana is so much cool"

but more like

"baseball bat , cause it easy to use , even for newb , doesnt really take any courage to use baseball bat , anyone can use it (if you use a knive , for example , you'll afraid that you'll kill your enemy) , and have a normal looking , you could bring it anywhere while drawing minimum attention , and you just could kill people by surprise (by hitting their head) cause the shape is far away from violent-looking and you could use it to play baseball also. efficient , friendly , and easy to use"

anyway i voted for "baseball bat"
    feel free to judge your choosen best meele or the rest that you didn't choose on any prepectives,
    Last edited by Yalazer; 06-20-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    hi pal hope we can be friend.., or some kind of guy that i know is okay too.

spear. safest way to fight. especially since I'm not very strong.

Pro-Assasin
    katana. it could be very useful, because its very sharp, so it can slice through your enemy, cut of obstacles, slice through the door if you maybe need to pass, cut the cheese... but really, its big, which means you have more chance to hit first because its longer than normal swords or anything, its very sharp, which means it cuts easy trough obstacles or your enemy, or stab trough something. and if you have a container for it (or however its called), you can just put it away nicely. it can also sharp things. lol. i voted for add it yourself, so in this case i choose a katana.
    Death lurks in all sorts of places, so be prepared when you see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    katana. it could be very useful, because its very sharp, so it can slice through your enemy, cut of obstacles, slice through the door if you maybe need to pass, cut the cheese... but really, its big, which means you have more chance to hit first because its longer than normal swords or anything, its very sharp, which means it cuts easy trough obstacles or your enemy, or stab trough something. and if you have a container for it (or however its called), you can just put it away nicely. it can also sharp things. lol. i voted for add it yourself, so in this case i choose a katana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Person McPerson View Post
    spear. safest way to fight. especially since I'm not very strong.
    but the question is , would you dare to use it , there are gonna be scream , blood , and terryfied face , and all and else.

Greatsword! >3<
    it's badass! heavy! and do big damage!

For katana, yes it wins for the style point as it looks cool
    For greatsword, yes it wins for the badass point but lack agility

But really, in combat, spear is most likely the best one
    With a long spear you can atleast keep a safe distance from your enemy and if you happen to stab them successfully you yourself are not harmed
    like a long pike man can just take down a Cavalry and the Spartan does have a good reason to use spear :P
    (oh and you can even throw your spear)
    Enjin Page Youtube Channel
    Add me on Steam: Azxc

Spoiler for Dat SE stuffs:

Machete.

A machete is going to be stronger than a Katana as it's thicker and if it's shorter you can do more damage as there's less force you need to spread out to do the equivalent damage.

A spear is weak, sure it has a advantage in length but it's hard to thrust, throwing is difficult too (Especially in long range), and if you're pulling it back to attack again it uses a lot of energy.
    I'm Inactive on Stickpage.

Spoiler for mEmEs:

yes

but if I had to submit a weapon that's actually been used somewhere, it'd be the Pulverizer from Killing Floor 2. It's a shotgun hammer. http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/m..._Dec14-10-.bmp
    Last edited by RichardLongflop; 06-21-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XxScatterxX View Post
    Machete.

A machete is going to be stronger than a Katana as it's thicker and if it's shorter you can do more damage as there's less force you need to spread out to do the equivalent damage.
    i agree , but , machete could be suicide weapon for the ordinary people because it is really easy to get your hand off that machete. (at least for someone who know self-protect basic , it is easy to knock the machete off your hand )

Quote Originally Posted by Azxc View Post
    For katana, yes it wins for the style point as it looks cool
    For greatsword, yes it wins for the badass point but lack agility

But really, in combat, spear is most likely the best one
    With a long spear you can atleast keep a safe distance from your enemy and if you happen to stab them successfully you yourself are not harmed
    like a long pike man can just take down a Cavalry and the Spartan does have a good reason to use spear :P
    (oh and you can even throw your spear)
    yea , but , one thing to remember is spear is long , LONG. and only effective when you do thrusting or stabbing attack wich make the head of the spear go forward. but what will you do when your enemy dodge your attack? swing attack with spear is not much of a different than using stave , pull back the spear in a hurry ? it possible if you have muscular arm . but for ordinary people , spear is damn heavy and hard to balance (i speak from my experience helding my grandpa spear) , so iguess spear is deadly if you hit your enemy but it turn out to be nightmare when you miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by WafflesMgee View Post

yes

but if I had to submit a weapon that's actually been used somewhere, it'd be the Pulverizer from Killing Floor 2. It's a shotgun hammer. http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/m..._Dec14-10-.bmp
    i dont think a ranged-shooting abillity weapon is considered as a melee

Quote Originally Posted by Yalazer View Post
    i dont think a ranged-shooting abillity weapon is considered as a melee
    It's not ranged. It's not aim and shoot. It's swing and shoot.

This is how you use it. It's made to breach anything.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information