StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Discovery Gone Wrong - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Survival - WINNERS LIST POSTED!
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Fictional Organizations (wRHG resource)

List of Fictional Organizations (wRHG resource)

Why?

In our own writing universes, we may have an organization here and there, the "behind-the-scenes illuminati-like making experimental tech and experimenting on people" kind of organization. This thread is for them!

I have a problem with people making new, hidden organizations out of nowhere for their characters. You create so many hidden organizations, there are bound to be problems when things start to overlap. So my idea is, why not list a few organizations and people can use the same couple rather than have a lot of different ones? It'll improve the canon!

I don't want a ton of organizations here, especially any that overlap significantly (unless they're a rival organization.) I want a couple that, together, pretty much cover everything.

Submitting an Organization

If you want to submit one of your own, follow this template:
    Spoiler for Template:

Organizations:

Organization name: The SCP Foundation.
    Organization purpose: To Secure, Contain and Protect.
    Organization specialties: Securing and containing anomalous items and entities, developing tech from testing upon anomalous items and entities.
    Submitted by: Waffles Mgee
    Spoiler for Organization Description:

Organization name: Nexcorp
    Organization purpose: To convert booming civilian populaces into gladiators and mercenaries for private contractors- thus turning civilizations against themselves for corporate gain. Traditionally, this feat is accomplished through the employment of cybernetics, though research is currently underway that may soon allow for the integration of magical or otherwise unworldly forces for sale to more privileged customers.
    Organization specialties: Nexcorp can be considered an industry leader in cybernetics and artificial intelligence. More recently however, Nexcorp has involved itself in the research and dissection of magical creatures- with a particular focus on demons and other so-called monsters.
    Submitted by: Chromium7

Organization name: The System [An apt name given to an otherwise nameless group]
    Organization purpose: Incite the final war through several possible means available to them.
    Organization specialties: International intelligence, ties to the governments of the world's super powers
    Submitted by: ErrorBlender

Organization Name : The Organization (No official name)
    Organization Purpose : True goal uncertain, acts as both the good and the evil simultaneously, but always acts in its own favour.
    Organization Specialties : Hacking & Human-tested tech development
    Submitted by : Vern
    Spoiler for Long read:

Spoiler for Branch - Fountain:

Organization name: The Hand Organization
    Organization purpose: To create a highly advanced army and weaponry for world conquest.
    Organization specialties: Reanimation of cybernetic organisms, experimentation on different qualities of weaponry to their disposal, robotic engineering.
    Submitted by: Shadowkirby
    Spoiler for The Hand Organization:

Organization name: The Night Creatures Organization
    Organization purpose: To incite anarchy from the shadows of governing bodies.
    Organization specialties: Espionage, Drug Trafficking, Human Trafficking, Media Manipulation
    Submitted by: Azure

Organization name: The M.A.C. Organization
    Organization purpose: Research of multidimensional and alternate plane artifacts and creatures, and their military applications.
    Organization specialties: Research, containment and experimentation on and with artifacts and creatures from alternate realities and planes of existence.
    Submitted by: Azure

Organization name: Hitman University
    Organization purpose: A place where people can learn to, in their own desired ways, become perfect killers.
    Organization specialties: Teaching how to kill.
    Submitted by: Waffles Mgee

Organization name: 80
    Organization purpose: A group of operatives subcontracted by The Organization (Original), so that their operations are kept off books.
    Organization specialties: Black Operations
    Submitted by: The Organization

Spoiler for Structure:

Organization name: The RHG-Corporation
    Organization purpose: Organizing and hosting of RHG-Battles in order to make profits
    Organization specialties: Thoughtful arranging of fights, providing arenas, broadcasting the fights on TV, selling merchandise, fight-wagering, big budget, (image-) marketing, bureaucracy, safety force
    Submitted by: roBEAT
    Spoiler for The RHG-Corporation:

Organization name: Providence.
    Organization purpose: To protect and guide those who cannot protect themselves.
    Organization specialties: Covert Ops, search and rescue, Intel gathering, making people hidden.
    Submitted by: Urako

Spoiler for A closer look:

Organization name: Nehushtan
    Organization purpose: To Bring Peace and Healing
    Organization specialties: Infiltration, Surveillance, and "Resource" management
    Submitted by: Alphaeus
    Spoiler for Description of Nehushtan:

Organization Name: The wRHG Regulation Force (WRF)
    Organization Purpose: To bring justice upon those who break any law...both spoken and unspoken.
    Organization Specialties: Law Enforcement, Capture and Containment, Ghost Monitoring, Espionage, Assassination, WWW.Del
    Submitted by: Cassandra

Spoiler for description:

Organization name: The Empire Of Sin
    Organization purpose: Inward: To give extreme power and control to the Master
    Outward: To advance society through unethical research

Organization specialties: Informational Networks, Political Manipulation and Black Market, Private Army, Private Research
    Submitted by: codincx

Last edited by RichardLongflop; 12-04-2016 at 03:27 PM.

The Grand, Exalted, Etc. Malacal's Avatar
    You just HAD to bring SCP into this didn't you? :P
    Full Title: The Grand Exalted Invincible Supreme Potentate and Honorary Spokesman for All Men in General

Everyone wants a certain song to play when they enter the room. Adding it to your signature is the next best thing. Even better is when it's not ten-hour Kirby dubstep remix.
    wRHG: Omega
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then prove it with your words and actions, you git.

Shiieeeeet.
    I'll post Vigilant Forces Inc. later tonight.

Organization name: Nexcorp
    Organization purpose: To convert booming civilian populaces into gladiators and mercenaries for private contractors- thus turning civilizations against themselves for corporate gain. Traditionally, this feat is accomplished through the employment of cybernetics, though research is currently underway that may soon allow for the integration of magical or otherwise unworldly forces for sale to more privileged customers.
    Organization specialties: Nexcorp can be considered an industry leader in cybernetics and artificial intelligence. More recently however, Nexcorp has involved itself in the research and dissection of magical creatures- with a particular focus on demons and other so-called monsters.
    Submitted by: Chromium7
    "A crucial plot detail was that his brother wasn't called mountainslayer (be)cause he slayed a mountain, but because they lived on a mountain and their village was slain."
    Vern on Rendmeijer

Organization name: The System [An apt name given to an otherwise nameless group]
    Organization purpose: Incite the final war through several possible means available to them.
    Organization specialties: International intelligence, ties to the governments of the world's super powers
    Submitted by: ErrorBlender

Spoiler for :

Got 'em up!

I don't want a ton of organizations here, especially any that overlap significantly (unless they're a rival organization.) I want a couple that, together, pretty much cover everything.

Proto-Hipster
    Organization Name : The Organization (No official name)
    Organization Purpose : True goal uncertain, acts as both the good and the evil simultaneously, but always acts in its own favour.
    Organization Specialties : Hacking & Human-tested tech development
    Submitted by : Vern
    Spoiler for Long read:

I know this might still be a bit vague but I plan some development with Gamma story-wise that should give you a larger insight on how The Organization works.
    (PS : For those wondering, yes, this is the same organization Wyvern used to be part of).
    Last edited by Vern; 06-27-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Organization name: The Hand Organization
    Organization purpose: To create a highly advanced army and weaponry for world conquest.
    Organization specialties: Reanimation of cybernetic organisms, experimentation on different qualities of weaponry to their disposal, robotic engineering.
    Submitted by: Shadowkirby
    Spoiler for The Hand Organization:

Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Spoiler for Miscellaneous:

The Ignored
    Sooo we just create, slash join one...?
    Can I join one? How do I ask for permission, just send a PM to the owner or something?
    There can be one, ONLY one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
    Sooo we just create, slash join one...?
    Can I join one? How do I ask for permission, just send a PM to the owner or something?
    Well, they're there! If you want to use one, use one. The information's there. This is a public resource.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information