StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Winter Animation Competition - Survival - WINNERS LIST POSTED!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Fictional Organizations (wRHG resource)

The Ignored
    Nice.
    Is it okay if my future wRHG character joins the "The SCP Foundation?"
    (Embarrassing grammar question, if you say a word in quotation marks, but the sentence ends with that word and is a question, where do you put the question mark?)
    There can be one, ONLY one!

Organization name: The Night Creatures
    Organization purpose: To incite anarchy from the shadows of governing bodies.
    Organization specialties: Espionage, Drug Trafficking, Human Trafficking, Media Manipulation
    Submitted by: Chocolate Delight (Azure)
    Spoiler for Organization Description:

Organization name: The M.A.C. Organization
    Organization purpose: Research of multidimensional and alternate plane artifacts and creatures, and their military applications.
    Organization specialties: Research, containment and experimentation on and with artifacts and creatures from alternate realities and planes of existence.
    Submitted by: Big Daddy D (Azure)
    Spoiler for Organization Description:

I have two. Hope nobody minds.

Are we cool yet?
    Last edited by Azure; 07-02-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

I'm iffy about The Night Creatures. The name doesn't sound organization-y, but traffickiisn't something that's covered so far so it's good. And for M.A.C, it's not a main competitor for Nexcorp.

You forgot the parts where you explain why you think these will be good for wRHG. If you edit with that and possibly some further explanation of how M.A.C's interacted with Nexcorp I'll add them. Reason being is that you're doing two clans. One's justified with doing stuff that's not covered, and the other one seems to be getting in on SCP territory but if it's a rival to Nexcorp it'll get in.

To be fair, I wouldn't expect you to have heard of the name Night Creatures, but it was originally a clan on FA. As for M.A.C., it was originally made as an organization that an old wRHG of mine belonged to. Also wouldn't expect you to have known of Kasai. As for M.A.C. in general, SCP is designed to contain the phenomena present in the world. M.A.C. on the other hand is actively bringing forth such, and Nexcorp is, as mentioned in the description, studying and researching such things, meaning all three organizations would already be at each other's throats. Although, with the canon of M.A.C bringing forth such phenomena, I could always just ask the question: Are we cool yet?

But yes, I will edit in things.

Heh, I'd love to bring in all the SCP-related organizations like Are We Cool Yet and the Global Occult Coaliton but I'd imagine they'd come WITH the SCP. If you know about SCP, you know about them.

And alright, thanks for the editing. I'll add them in now. I hope people actually start to use these! And they're not just for wRHG use, they can be for OLit use too. Writings of all kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by WafflesMgee View Post
    Heh, I'd love to bring in all the SCP-related organizations like Are We Cool Yet and the Global Occult Coaliton but I'd imagine they'd come WITH the SCP. If you know about SCP, you know about them.
    I can understand that, but a lot of people actually don't know about them. They're not there purely because The Foundation exists, but because it exists they're a main antagonistic force. Who's to say in this universe which contains a Foundation that they exist as well, or operate under the same names? Just food for thought.

A couple possibilities worth exploring:

Nexcorp & The Hand:
    Nexcorp manufactures cyborgs that often die in battle. The Hand revives previously deceased cyborgs. Wouldn't say Nexcorp would be a fan of the Hand hijacking their gladiators- but such is the cost of doing business. Also gives an Adam Smith vibe- what with big business and the invisible hand.

Nexcorp, M.A.C. & The System:
    Sure, the System can get their hands on any (w)RHG they please. But why not order direct? Nexcorp- and potentially M.A.C. both have their specialty gladiators. I'd imagine that the System would love to get their hands on the newest product- occasionally recruiting gladiators produced by either of the two major providers; thus opening the door for three-way interaction between producer and consumer alike.

I considered posting one of these for Freeborn, seeing that Night Creatures (and Nexcorp) made the list, but I'm not sure I could do it justice. May be best to give it time.

Cheers.
    "A crucial plot detail was that his brother wasn't called mountainslayer (be)cause he slayed a mountain, but because they lived on a mountain and their village was slain."
    Vern on Rendmeijer

Organization name: Fountain
    Organization purpose: To provide items or services at the client’s request.
    Organization specialties: Training, Militia, kidnapping, assassination, organ farming, and human experimentation.
    Submitted by: Urako

Spoiler for A closer look:
    Last edited by Urako; 07-04-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

President of Somalia
    Quote Originally Posted by Urako View Post
    Organization name: Fountain
    Organization purpose: To provide items or services at the client’s request.
    Organization specialties: Training, Militia, kidnapping, assassination, organ farming, and human experimentation.
    Submitted by: Urako

Spoiler for A closer look:
    The way I envision The Organization, and the way you describe "Fountain", it actually seems quite plausible to me that Fountain could perhaps be a subbranch of The Organization. The Organization has no known purposes but the way Fountain goes about things is extremely similar to The Organization's approach to things if you ask me

Something to think about, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    The way I envision The Organization, and the way you describe "Fountain", it actually seems quite plausible to me that Fountain could perhaps be a subbranch of The Organization. The Organization has no known purposes but the way Fountain goes about things is extremely similar to The Organization's approach to things if you ask me

Something to think about, perhaps?
    Well, Fountain was going to have 24 men in Defense named after the military alphabet specifically designed to counter the organization, but a business merge might be profitable. In short, yes it can be part of The Organization, but I get to decide Fountain's activities etc.
    Last edited by Urako; 07-04-2015 at 07:27 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information