StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Concussion: [100%] - Completed.

It looks cool man. I'm looking forward to it.
    Add me on Skype: asilucian
    My DeviantArt
    My Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by PitchEnder View Post
    Are you going to be adding other peoples RHG's in a character selection thing or are they all gonna be characters created for the game?

also i cant stop playing with your particle thing
    Probably all characters created for the game.

And thanks :3

EDIT: @AsiLucian: Thanks a lot

@Seagull: Weaker? Aight.
    Last edited by GMR; 07-13-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Ninja
    If you need another animator, or even another person doing the as3 with you I'm in.

I'm curious about this game... I haven't yet tried it out, but tomorrow I will.

Also, What kind of format would you need said animations to be in?

~ Le internet dude ~
    ~ Drop kicking baby seals ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bluvarth View Post

He's probably gonna need fla format, since it's made in flash. The real question is, which version of flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Externus View Post
    I'm here to make money and use lens flares. And I'm all out of lens flares.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluvarth View Post

Agh, sorry man. I don't need animators anymore, I just forgot to update the title. It's fixed now. Sorry 'bout that.

@Seagull: Yes, I would. And CS6 to be exact.

Also the actual game has been updated with a new enemy! A giant! They start spawning around 2500, so test it out please and give me CnC! Their main thing is that they don't flinch! A good strategy to beat them is to run past them, so that they start attacking, and attack the back of them.

They don't do much damage, but their attacks can really throw you around if you're not careful.

EDIT: UPDATED AGAIN WITH A NEW ENEMY!

THE KAMIKAZE
    Very hard to kill (nigh impossible) and very destructive, this buggers run at you full speed and then explode, blowing up whatever gets in their way. (Including other enemies!)

Strategies
    Just run up to them, and when they start blinking, attack them fast to "push" them towards other groups of enemies. Run. Watch them die.
    Last edited by GMR; 07-15-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Yea. The stairs a a little buggy, especially when jumping from the bottom. Also, maybe getting rid of the hit boxes would be good after they die? It was a bit confusing to me whether or not the normal enemies were a 1-shot kill or not when I was playing. Other than that it's turning out pretty decently. The game play is smooth and fluid,at least.

~ Le internet dude ~
    ~ Drop kicking baby seals ~

Alright, in order,
    1) Yes, the stairs are slightly buggy. Workin' on that, but not a priority right now.
    2) The hitboxes won't even be there in the next 3-4 versions, so don't worry, they'll be gone.
    3) The normal enemies have about 2 health. Your attacks do damage ranging from 1 - 3 based on how strong of an attack it is, so yes, you could one shot some enemies.
    4) Thanks! I hope to add quite a few more things before I release it.

Quite a few? You should spend a lot more time on this, fine tuning some things and adding things that make it stand out or even compete with several of the platform fighter imitators. I'd have to admit that I was a little surprised at the latest release, but I also have to reiterate that I don't think you're all the way there yet with the coding. You could branch out into a leveling system with the character as well as introducing an ability tree to play into the leveling that way there is some progress and a clearer end game goal. Try to come up with enemies that do things to the character that would really affect the players ability to survive. Things such as making him vulnerable for a short time, stuns, negating all damage for a period of time, etc. Maybe see if you can't look into networking and setting up your computer as a server for things such as submitting and keeping the top 50 player scores.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Oohh you should add spells and shit. Like, you can cast haste on yourself and speed up all of your attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Externus View Post
    I'm here to make money and use lens flares. And I'm all out of lens flares.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information