StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Concussion: [100%] - Completed.

Concussion: [100%] - Completed.

My first big, successful project. Thanks so much to everyone who played/reviewed/helped. ;u; Love you guys!
    -------------------------------
    Where can I play this?!
    Here: http://gmrgames.com/
    Last edited by GMR; 09-02-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Work on your hit tests and then we'll talk.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

<_< The hit tests are where hands would be punching and stuff. If you'd like, I can move the hit boxes other places, but I thought they were fine.

Well no. The hit point is the lower middle of the character. Another higher than that or slightly off to the left or right near the corners is able to fall through.

Hm. I thought that it was a bit more realistic that way, that you couldn't hang onto the edge with one sliver of the hitbox, and once your center of gravity passed over the edge, you would naturally fall over.

Updated: Also noticed the screen was really jittery when standing still, so I fixed that.

My point is that it looks like you have a very generic platforming engine going on here. I've made similar following any tutorial off of the internet. What you should do is try to fine tune yours to make it better than the norm that way it is something worth having ya know. I'm not really putting you down or anything, just encouraging you to refine what you have and make it better.

And I appreciate what you're saying, but I haven't played any game that feels quite like this in gameplay. Yeah, I get that every sidescroller you can run and jump. But the attacks and gameplay, I thought, I made unique.

eyyyyyy Updated.

V0.4 now, you can now play the beta arena mode where you can slaughter as many of the yellow... boxes... as you want!
    More enemies are definitely planned!

I've always wanted to be a game dev, and i trust your coding skills, so I'm in. I can do animation and my sister is a really good background artist. I'll see if i can get her to draw backgrounds for us. Here's a recent animation of mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTV5...e_gdata_player and I'll post my sister's stuff if she agrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Externus View Post
    I'm here to make money and use lens flares. And I'm all out of lens flares.

Agh, I just got an animator man. >_<; Sorry. I'll let you know if the current animator decides not to do it and I need another animator. ;n;

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information