StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: SPP Revolution (Forum Game)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ai_ View Post
    To this, I have a solution. I'm suggesting that wherever the captain's at, immuninize someone at the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devour
    if the Rev Head is in the south side, he may not convert anyone currently in the North side. The same goes with the Captain immunizing anyone.
    can we all just take a break for a second and go back to read Devour's explanations if we haven't already done so

edit: ninjad

Quote Originally Posted by _Ai_
    You're smart enough to do that Hew. In my opinion anyways.
    this implies he's benefiting as a rev from the plan he proposed which doesn't seem to be the case. if you have evidence against him that's one thing but otherwise this is pure conjecture and possibly paranoia and we shouldn't put any importance on a baseless assumption that he might be trying to trick us just because he's taking initiative to come up with a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Maybe what I could do is make it so that the Rev Head and Captain have to PM me who they want to convert, but they no longer have to PM their target. This way I could tell them it didn't work but keep why a secret, so that the game doesn't end directly after that moment. And then give priority to the Captain?
    That would be better imo. For balance's sake. Your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamitrov View Post
    Damn it devour now hewitts plan won't work as well as it could've (I think)
    Also i'm pretty sure they could guess that he/she has been neuralyzed so he would have to be more cautious around his crew-members.
    Would you give priority to the captain regardless of whether or not the Rev head pmed you first and they happened to be the same person?
    If a person is neuralyzed the last thing he wants to do is make it obvious. You aren't neuralized to be the Saint of the story. You're neuralyzed to effectively be eliminated as a suspicious person by the Captain, which helps him as a +1. Everything the neuralyzed does at that point is on his own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilement View Post
    so we rotate the truth serum research, doesn't that just give the revs a way to blend in? I kind of see the truth serum as a timer for the revs, they need to kill the captain before it's researched and if they do anything to get in the way of it they're throwing themselves under the bus. I legitimately can't figure out how the revs can interfere with the serum without getting caught in the act so there's no real downside to contributing to the research as a rev, you're not forcing anyone out of their comfort zone as far as I can tell

I'm fine with doing the rotation but I guess I don't see the benefit or the situation you're attempting to prevent with it.

edit: staying in north
    Yes well I'm not trying to prevent the Revs from overwhelming us. I'm suggesting a system we can use to expedite the TS process. Any deviations to the TS plan will prove useful to the Captain and the crew. There is no doubt that this plan could fail as early as Round 2. The rotation will be our safety net if it ever comes through but ultimately the trapeze act is the deduction game the Captain must play. If he cannot figure it out, the TS will be our last resort.

What happens if the rev head uses one of his members as a suicide bomber of sorts? Your plan makes the game progress at a standstill but the slightest interruption will disrupt the balance of the standstill. Though I don't think this is a pretty likely situation, considering it lessens their numbers needed to win the mutiny.

But other than that it sounds good enough of a plan. Still reading your plan over though, more questions might pop up.
    Please describe the situation exactly. How does a Rev Head make his minion suicide bomb? Are you referring to intentionally ruining the TS then getting outed and wasting the day? Well if we got rid of him it would still be a single Rev Head to contend with and we've eliminated the possible choices. So as I elaborated to Exilement, the TS is just a secondary wincon. In the time leading up to it, the Captain will have more than enough posts to figure it out. If he's smart enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stracked View Post
    I like hewitts plan but i see a little thing, surely rev heads must help with the ts research, but as far as i am concerned more people researching does not make any difference, so if someone is already researching the truth serum there is no loss on a rev researching aswell So as exilement said, nobody really gets out of their comfort zone.
    I have been thinking but i cant put my idea straight/clear right now so ill wait until i get home to give my full opinions on this, aswell as what i agree with on the plan's last part.

For now i am staying north~
    Okay, these are very fair points. So, I want to propose another idea: how bout the 3 that have to perform the TS have to all go to the same island in addition to performing the TS. This directly guarantees that if one of them is infected, the Rev Head is one of them and if they're not, the Rev head is not the 3 of them; that gives a direct +3 for the Captain. Would that be better?

Quote Originally Posted by --- View Post
    Don't forget me.

The schedule would work to help deducing who the Revs are only if they choose to do their TS in the wrong day, hence cancelling the progress. I don't think researching according to their schedule would cause any more harm to the Revs. Even if they don't do it the TS will still be on research and they have no loss to do it. As Exilement said, it will give the Revs a way to blend in. Your plan does help, Hewitt. But I don't think that this will be enough to find the culprit.

I have a few considerations regarding switching sides. The Rev Head can only convert people on the same area as he is, so he would need to switch sides to neuralyze more people. But since there are 5 people in north, and 4 in south, this plan does not work well if the Rev Head is currently in the north. He doesn't have to move to south to win in numbers, assuming that the Captain and Rev Head does not come from the same side. However, if the Rev Head needs to move, forgetting to mention their area and ends up being randomly put in the opposite side can be used by the Rev Head as an excuse for trying to move to another side. Anyone who neglect to mention that is highly suspicious.

#staying in north
    Okay wtf where did you come from. I didn't see you in Devour's list when the game started and assumed it was just 8 of us.

You also have a very good point. The Rev Head can also not announce that he is moving and end up in a random place...which is why we all have to declare it right here and with every Round. Also, refer to my "Serum Island" strategy that I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Veir View Post
    On a side note you're a smart guy, so how can I know that you're not actually the rev head throwing suspicion off yourself immediately with this long complicated post that changes nearly nothing about the game?

#Stay in the south.
    But if hewitt was a rev head, he'd can manipulate his plan enough for us to be all "oh, that should be alright". You're smart enough to do that Hew. In my opinion anyways.
    @Ai. And what would you suggest we do? Stand around and randomly TS knowing that at any moment someone can ruin it? Maybe, just agree with everything until the game's over and you can say "HAH I KNEW IT ALL ALONG."

I admire your suspicions but I already addressed this in an earlier post. It's shit like this^ that gets the town killed. Not to meta, but I've watched Mafia games play over and over and the only way the Crew can survive as a unit is if they are active and pro-active about the situation. Yes, we WILL get converted one by one. Yes, we WILL wrongfully accuse each other. But you have to understand that this is a process. Our bickering will end up being useful for the Captain to deduce his thoughts. As long as the Crew is acting logical and is reporting everything, the Captain can make it.

Think about it: If I was a Rev Head, the best strategy would be to just shut up and let the day go by smoothly. Since I know that the serum has been developed, there is nothing left for me to attempt and any attempt to formulate a collective strategy would only turn it against me.

If everyone in the crew is proactive and logical in their approach, it would give the Rev Head a harder time to deviate from the norm whereas if the crew is uncooperative, the Rev Head can easily mingle amongst the silent. This is exactly why Devour wants us talking. Like, really really hard. Any attempt to feel like youre contributing nothing is a sign of defiance. In fact, I am already getting suspicious of certain people----and you all should be as well. Let's work together and bring up our findings, however minute they may seem. Trust me, every little bit helps.

Damnit, this is only making me more susceptible to conversion. I hope the Rev Head isn't on my side.

Anyways, bottom line: I am not asking you to trust me. Yes, a Rev Head could concoct this plan and I would be a goddamned genius if I won this way. Yes, that's entirely possible. But I'm asking the Crew to not judge me but to set that aside and work towards bettering the problem, that is to approve of this plan and deliberate on it. The more of us that takes the steps and makes suggestions and comments such as Exile and Stracked have, the more we can put a close watch on this situation. And if I'm ever converted, you guys will have to do this on your own: just food for thought.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 07-31-2015 at 09:09 PM.

If we do the Serum Island, how are we foing to find out who is infected? We might not be able to deduce right away. When we agree on who might be infected, there is a chance that he is converted today or yesterday. Oh well nevermind. That works i guess. It's just that we have to trace back the schedule further and have more possibility to deduce from. The downside, the Rev Head can convert anyone he wants to, he just have to wait to end up in the same section.

can we all just take a break for a second and go back to read Devour's explanations if we haven't already done so

this implies he's benefiting as a rev from the plan he proposed which doesn't seem to be the case. if you have evidence against him that's one thing but otherwise this is pure conjecture and possibly paranoia and we shouldn't put any importance on a baseless assumption that he might be trying to trick us just because he's taking initiative to come up with a plan.
    I must've missed the bit about that, sorry. And I just felt suspect him for not many solid reasons, but I do felt like I need to voice my suspicion. Baseless, really, sorry if I added paranoia to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt
    Please describe the situation exactly. How does a Rev Head make his minion suicide bomb? Are you referring to intentionally ruining the TS then getting outed and wasting the day? Well if we got rid of him it would still be a single Rev Head to contend with and we've eliminated the possible choices. So as I elaborated to Exilement, the TS is just a secondary wincon. In the time leading up to it, the Captain will have more than enough posts to figure it out. If he's smart enough.
    This plan revolves around the TS right? I thought that the Rev can use his minion to a) disrupt the TS research by ruining the TS via overloading it like you said and b) change sides involuntarily, breaking our rule of not changing sides. I'm saying that this might not be a likely result because he'll be reducing the member count for mutiny, and only possible if the Rev Head is at North.

Also regarding the Serum Island, I don't get much. How can we deduce who's the rev head by using this plan? I've read it but I'm having difficulty understanding it.
    Last edited by _Ai_; 07-31-2015 at 11:52 PM.
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

I'd rather have Damian say this on the thread, but he needed a bit more time so I'm giving him until the end of today to post here. He's viewed the thread multiple times and has had plenty of time to post, so if we get nothing by then then I'm just going to move this forward. Sorry about the wait, guys.

God thats alot to read.. time to read it all ~

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt View Post
    If a person is neuralyzed the last thing he wants to do is make it obvious. You aren't neuralized to be the Saint of the story. You're neuralyzed to effectively be eliminated as a suspicious person by the Captain, which helps him as a +1. Everything the neuralyzed does at that point is on his own volition.
    You what? Being neuralyzed converts to the Rev's side, Hewitt. Can we all take a moment to go over the rules, two times over? And for our Captains to please read their Role PMs carefully?

so we rotate the truth serum research, doesn't that just give the revs a way to blend in? I kind of see the truth serum as a timer for the revs, they need to kill the captain before it's researched and if they do anything to get in the way of it they're throwing themselves under the bus. I legitimately can't figure out how the revs can interfere with the serum without getting caught in the act so there's no real downside to contributing to the research as a rev, you're not forcing anyone out of their comfort zone as far as I can tell

I'm fine with doing the rotation but I guess I don't see the benefit or the situation you're attempting to prevent with it.
    Yes well I'm not trying to prevent the Revs from overwhelming us. I'm suggesting a system we can use to expedite the TS process. Any deviations to the TS plan will prove useful to the Captain and the crew. There is no doubt that this plan could fail as early as Round 2. The rotation will be our safety net if it ever comes through but ultimately the trapeze act is the deduction game the Captain must play. If he cannot figure it out, the TS will be our last resort.
    So your plan is to limit the amount of windows the Rev get to reach their win condition, that's great. Except we're not really accomplishing much of anything except perhaps attempting to guarantee that the Serum research won't get sabotaged. And sabotaging the Serum is a suicide tactic anyway that the Revs probably won't submit to consider they are at a numbers disadvantage.

Okay, these are very fair points. So, I want to propose another idea: how bout the 3 that have to perform the TS have to all go to the same island in addition to performing the TS. This directly guarantees that if one of them is infected, the Rev Head is one of them and if they're not, the Rev head is not the 3 of them; that gives a direct +3 for the Captain. Would that be better?
    Maybe next round because, I REALLY do not want to fuck around with the rules while a game is taking place. Last round's confusion was enough to deal with.

And if I'm ever converted, you guys will have to do this on your own: just food for thought.
    Speaking of which, you ARE a prime target for conversion, your strategical suggestions will, from now on, have to be analyzed carefully for holes, particularly later when the Revs have more influence.

Oh, and staying down South, Devvy
    Last edited by Damian; 08-02-2015 at 05:14 AM.

Alright! I was kind of worried there for a second. Think you'll be needing 3 days every round Damian, or will you be able to post at least every 2?

Anyways, it's time for Day Two.

Events:
    -In the darkness of the corridors, the Revolution Head strikes! A crew member has been converted to the cause of the Revolution.
    -The Truth Serum is researched with the collective efforts of Stracked, Lamitrov and Ipman. (1/4)
    -No one moves to new locations on this day.

Not surprisingly, that is all for now. We'll see what the future rounds have in store for us. With each coming day the game will accelerate. Let's see how it turns out.

Player Locations:

North Side:
    -Exilement
    -Lamitrov
    -Stracked
    -Hewitt
    - ---

South Side:
    -Veir
    -Ipman
    -Damian
    -Ai
    Last edited by Devour; 08-02-2015 at 06:19 AM.

That's good

Hewitt, how does your switching on who will research the TS next round work? I mean Devour said that you can't cancel and it takes four rounds until one is made.
    And does creating a TS make an insta-win for the good guys or does it have to be used on people?
    (Im fucking doomed if these questions were already answered.)

Back from the dead

Signature found somewhere in FaceBook

Thread Information