StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros Chat

To think that they would actually choose basketball over smash
    Yo yo yo, wassup, my name is R-Dizzle-Fo-Shizzle-My-Nizzle-Off-Da-Hizzle...Drizzle and check out my "Off Da Hizzle" Youtube Channel.
    Spoiler for SE stuff:

Who would do that ;-;

Hopefully there won't be conflicting dates next week. I'm totally gonna try and get in the top 3 once the actual tournament goes. In the end I'll have Jutsu to thank for stepping up my game way back in the merciless matches where he stomped my ass a hundred times back in Project M
    Last edited by Devour; 02-18-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Hopefully there won't be conflicting dates next week. I'm totally gonna try and get in the top 3 once the actual tournament goes. In the end I'll have Jutsu to thank for stepping up my game way back in the merciless matches where he stomped my ass a hundred times back in Project M
    That's the goal I have too, hahah. We have tournaments every other week here and the next one's on monday so I'm practicing my ass off. I also got a really good setup in my room now(a good old CRT) so I'm practicing tech like 3-4 hours a day. I'm hoping you'll do well against the others(or not, it's probably better to find a worthy opponent to fight) and I'm happy that you found a gang to play with c:

And for the record, Jutsu destroyed me in sm4sh when I was just starting to play that game so I guess he's just really good at making other people improve :P
    Last edited by Sharp; 02-18-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Spoiler for Support:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
    And for the record, Jutsu destroyed me in sm4sh when I was just starting to play that game so I guess he's just really good at making other people improve :P
    wut about me
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwishjellyfish View Post
    One of these days I'm going to punch you right in the throat.

So me and the Fox discord team went and did this massive lab project for Fox. You guys should check it out if you wanna learn a lil bit about him:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Spoiler for other things:

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    wut about me
    Well, I only played a few games with you so it didn't count :v

Spoiler for Support:

Sharp and Raptor, you guys know a lot about Melee, right?

I've been thinking of switching from Sm4sh and taking Melee super seriously. How healthy is its competitive scene? I would hate to get really good and then 2 years later have the game die out.

And is there any way to practice with people online? I guess an emulator on Anther's Ladder would do, if I can somehow get a gamecube controller connected.

Normally, people would go the other way around, melee is too competitive compared to sm4sh and takes a lot of time and dedication to get just decent at the game.

And I honestly do not think sm4sh would die out easily though, since it is pretty much the last game of the franchise.
    Yo yo yo, wassup, my name is R-Dizzle-Fo-Shizzle-My-Nizzle-Off-Da-Hizzle...Drizzle and check out my "Off Da Hizzle" Youtube Channel.
    Spoiler for SE stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Sharp and Raptor, you guys know a lot about Melee, right?

I've been thinking of switching from Sm4sh and taking Melee super seriously. How healthy is its competitive scene? I would hate to get really good and then 2 years later have the game die out.

And is there any way to practice with people online? I guess an emulator on Anther's Ladder would do, if I can somehow get a gamecube controller connected.
    The melee scene is still really fresh. The game's almost 15 years old and it's still growing a lot. There will always be people playing melee and I HIGLY doubt the scene will die out before sm4sh does. The only reason I'd recommend staying away from melee is the skillcap, you basically have to practice a lot just to get "alright" at the game so it's a lot of dedication. I'd say it's worth it when you get good though, there's something satisfying with moving incredibly fast and doing all this cool shit while simultaneously out-smarting your opponent.

There is indeed a way to play online, with netplay. There are a lot of tutorials like this one so it shouldn't be too much trouble to fix. here is how to get a gamecube controller to work with your dolphin.(you'll need a gamecube adapter though)

If you're gonna play online I'd recommend getting into a discord server with dedicated people that don't live too far away(so that you don't have to experience too much lag.)

If you need any help with melee just ask.

Spoiler for Support:

Thread Information