StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kurt

I like this character too much. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!

Professional Slacker

Feels good to be back.

3/3/2017

Quote Originally Posted by drbrownca View Post
    Very original RHG. As many have already pointed out, the hover board is very unique and air bending is rare to come by.

Your page gives good information, but could be organized a little better. Adding an extra line between headers always helps. That and you seem to repeat yourself in the weaknesses part a couple times.

Now here comes my real issues. Science. Gotta get dem facts straight.

Why yes, you would be correct. The atmosphere does not go nearly that far out. And yes, that is past the moon. However the statement that the atmosphere only reaches 12 miles from the surface is false. Well, to an extent. The layer of atmosphere known as the troposphere only reaches 8-15 km (6-12 miles). However, there are 5 layers of atmosphere, and the troposphere is the lowest. The atmosphere exceeds altitudes of 600 km (about 374 miles) before merging with space. The layer we are looking for is the stratosphere, which is where most aircraft fly in. This has altitudes between 8-60 km (6-37 miles). This is also where the ozone layer lies therefore this is where your hover board (theoretically making the most sense) would be able to fly.

My second issue with the hover board is this:

First of all, which number applies? The first doesn't seem to mean anything. Secondly, I really hope you understand that this number applies that your hover board is A HUNDRED BILLION KILOGRAMS. How do you even carry that shit? XD

And lastly:

There are a number of issues here. You begin by saying the fastest the hover board can accelerate. In physics, speed, velocity and acceleration are three different things. You should really stick with one, speed making the most sense. Now moving to the thing you expect me to talk about; 35 miles per second. This equates to 53 615 metres per second or MACH 191 (at maximum altitude or Mach 166 at sea level). 191 times the speed of sound. Okay. If we do some quick math, we can figure out the kinetic energy made by your hover board. Factoring in the mass, that's 2 815 750 000 000 000 J (joules). That's nearly 3 QUADRILLION by the way. Thats enough to power America for 6003 years. Not to mention at that speed your body would be torn to shreds instantly but that's no fun so we won't apply that rule.

Why did I just tell you that?... well, I thought it was funny.

Oh yeah there was one more thing. Minimum speed. There is no reason to put it in miles per second. It may seem like a good idea as you just used that measurement, but I assure you putting it as 1 foot per second makes more sense.

So yeah, just fix a couple things and he's good. Maybe tone down the 35 miles per second jazz (though I'm all for him being able to fly as fast and high as a fighter jet).

oh god I just wrote a novel didn't I... yeah I tend to do that...
    OH BOY, SUCH WORDS MUCH GOOD. I'll make the corrections. Thanks for your comment, it helped.
    Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by drbrownca View Post
    However the statement that the atmosphere only reaches 12 miles from the surface is false. Well, to an extent. The layer of atmosphere known as the troposphere only reaches 8-15 km (6-12 miles).

Eh, fair enough. I just remembered seeing it, being like: "Woah, no, the atmosphere doesn't go nearly that far", and then doing a hasty fact-check while ignoring the details since I never really bothered to memorize my atmospheric science. The correction is appreciated.

Anyway, this all sorta ties into the point that you really should avoid having hard numbers where you really don't need to. Then nerdy guys like drbrownca and I don't ever feel inclined to do things with those hard numbers.

...Like estimate the density of that hoverboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbounded View Post
    Eh, fair enough. I just remembered seeing it, being like: "Woah, no, the atmosphere doesn't go nearly that far", and then doing a hasty fact-check while ignoring the details since I never really bothered to memorize my atmospheric science. The correction is appreciated.

Anyway, this all sorta ties into the point that you really should avoid having hard numbers where you really don't need to. Then nerdy guys like drbrownca and I don't ever feel inclined to do things with those hard numbers.

...Like estimate the density of that hoverboard.
    Oh, you are too right my friend. I'm all for defying physics in places that physics just kind of get in the way. But I am a huge nerd and find it very entertaining to see the huge numbers XD
    You should go to RATHE
    for all your weapon needs
    (it's not advertisement I swear)
    Other stuff you should also check out
    Deviantart: Where I post all my stuffs

Update new story.
    Spoiler for spoiler:

New temp. demonstration of Q hoverboarding. Official Demo Coming Real Soon.......
    Spoiler for spoiler:

The demo was really lazy, as you said it was. But other than that, it was a unique RHG. I like the hoverboard idea.

I Got A Million Clone OhBestlyCX's Avatar
    Damn nice RHG , i might wanna battle with you some day , still wwaiting for my weapon to finish first
    You Dumb Motherfucker,Did not Napolean Told You!

Im back.. AGAIN!!
    Spoiler for spoiler:

welcmoe bcak
    RHG Character[/CENTER]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information