StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Smelly Drunk

Sentient Training Dummy buckethead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
    Don't worry about it mate. Also, I was talking about activity. Just because you were here you weren't active really. Again, don't put too much weight on things. That's actually the fastest way to create shit is to think this place is that important, because you'll overwork the idea. And just like cookie dough, overworking leads to shit.

No offense to either of you, just judging by what I can see and read for myself. Also, people here all love to CnC -- I've learned usually just read it, take it, and don't bother always trying to comment. You can't please everyone and don't try to, but also don't take this too seriously. Just create a fun, simple concept and have fun.
    ok so i am goint to shelve my skull walker for a while and just bring back an old wrhg that i have not actually used in a battle. i am going to bring back mah drunk.
    Do I look like a dummy to you? The answer is yes because I am a training dummy named Fred.

ok double posting but major update. first move skull walker to old fighters spoiler and two moved sonicus- burpacus to be my current fighter while i work on fixing my skull walker and to get things started i am going to challenge someone to a battle because my blood is boiling and i think that. i am going to challenge pitchender if he is available.
    Last edited by buckethead; 10-19-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Do I look like a dummy to you? The answer is yes because I am a training dummy named Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    i think that. i am going to challenge pitchender if he is available.

WRHG: Fell

Availability:
    Full

Character will be changed after I'm finished with my next two battles.

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Spoiler for Gif Of My Mascot:

Spoiler for Personal Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead
    ok so i am goint to shelve my skull walker for a while
    Yay! Larry is back!

Don't worry too much about brushing Skull Walker aside; I believe, with a little work, he could make a delightful extra character in a novel/short story setting. Maybe he's better suited as an NPC, a prop character that everyone (or just you) can use, if they wanted to.

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Quote Originally Posted by The Government
    But we're going to lay down the lines. The pattern. The FRAMEWORK upon which these stories and canons can build. That way we don't have people scribbling all over the page like a spasmatic retard and saying the lines aren't there, because they are and will be.

Guess who is here to make your life a field of buttercups and puppies?!?!?

Soooooooooo. I like the idea of this char. Original and humorous. BUT...it needs polishing. A lot. Let's get to work.
    Spoiler for Hold onto your shit:

If you want to do something with him, make him a SMELLY drunk instead of a burping one. You literally named him Smelly but made him Burpy. Go with the Smelly part -- that is both workable and funny. Sure, have some basic burping of some kind of pressure wave (maybe with stench dynamics?) in there if you want. But generally speaking the burping is a total assfucking of logic in itself, impossible in itself, and just OP and boring AF. Cut the karate, it's not even in your demo and doesn't fit. Then you'll have a rather good starting character.

Bucket, Personally: You strike me as creative. You've got a vivid imagination and enthusiasm and I like this. That said, you suffer from not-thinking-this-over disease. You get struck by an idea, and you just go with it. Editing, proofing, even taking time in the first place gets lost in the flurry of creativity.

So, here's the basic writer's method I want you to follow:

1) You get an idea. AWESOME!!

2) Think about it. Don't just write it up. If you need to, scribble/type down a draft to help you think through your thoughts. Seeing them on paper helps.

3) Once your thoughts are sorted, decide if you like it enough to polish it up and refine the idea. If you don't, just bin it, or maybe file it away as a draft idea.

4) If you do like it, polish the idea into a first rendition. Try to pay attention to things like basic language mechanics, overall coherency, clarity, etc. Still, don't worry TOO much...this is just your first rendition, after all.

5) Leave it alone for a bit. For me, I usually do AT LEAST a day, usually more because of IRL distractions. Either way, give yourself time away from the idea without thinking about it.

6) Go back and read it with a critical eye. LOOK for weaknesses in your overall idea rendition. Detailed weaknesses. Major weaknesses. Minor weaknesses. Whatever.

7) If you STILL think it's worth keeping, edit the FUCK out of it. Now, after enough writing you'll hit a point where, if you're like me, you often just edit so much in your head and in the first rendition that this step is more about typos and minor tweaks than anything else. Some people prefer to go faster initially and do tons of edits on this stage. That's just up to individuals. Still, the editing MUST be done. If you think you don't need to edit extensively in at least 2 stages, you're deceiving yourself. Period.

8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you are COMPLETELY satisfied. If need be, and you're uncertain, go to someone who is proven to be a good, reliable writer and run it by them.

9) Finally, when you've done EVERYTHING in your power to refine this idea, bring it to fruition and then don't mess with it again unless it is dynamic in nature and there is REALLY good reason.

^^^Follow this basic process all good writers use (more or less) and you'll start seeing results that take your cool ideas and turn them into workable, quality finished pieces. At the time your work really screams that it's rushed (such as no capitalizing the beginning of sentences often) and not proofed. Rushing is soooooooooooo tempting with good ideas if you're a creative person, but learn to harness that creativity and put it to work instead of just running wild.

Hopefully you'll take this advice and my CnC. Again, I want to see you realize your full potential here, and being a bit harsh and critiquing sometimes is the only way to achieve that.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Guess who is here to make your life a field of buttercups and puppies?!?!?

Soooooooooo. I like the idea of this char. Original and humorous. BUT...it needs polishing. A lot. Let's get to work.
    Spoiler for Hold onto your shit:

If you want to do something with him, make him a SMELLY drunk instead of a burping one. You literally named him Smelly but made him Burpy. Go with the Smelly part -- that is both workable and funny. Sure, have some basic burping of some kind of pressure wave (maybe with stench dynamics?) in there if you want. But generally speaking the burping is a total assfucking of logic in itself, impossible in itself, and just OP and boring AF. Cut the karate, it's not even in your demo and doesn't fit. Then you'll have a rather good starting character.

Bucket, Personally: You strike me as creative. You've got a vivid imagination and enthusiasm and I like this. That said, you suffer from not-thinking-this-over disease. You get struck by an idea, and you just go with it. Editing, proofing, even taking time in the first place gets lost in the flurry of creativity.

So, here's the basic writer's method I want you to follow:

1) You get an idea. AWESOME!!

2) Think about it. Don't just write it up. If you need to, scribble/type down a draft to help you think through your thoughts. Seeing them on paper helps.

3) Once your thoughts are sorted, decide if you like it enough to polish it up and refine the idea. If you don't, just bin it, or maybe file it away as a draft idea.

4) If you do like it, polish the idea into a first rendition. Try to pay attention to things like basic language mechanics, overall coherency, clarity, etc. Still, don't worry TOO much...this is just your first rendition, after all.

5) Leave it alone for a bit. For me, I usually do AT LEAST a day, usually more because of IRL distractions. Either way, give yourself time away from the idea without thinking about it.

6) Go back and read it with a critical eye. LOOK for weaknesses in your overall idea rendition. Detailed weaknesses. Major weaknesses. Minor weaknesses. Whatever.

7) If you STILL think it's worth keeping, edit the FUCK out of it. Now, after enough writing you'll hit a point where, if you're like me, you often just edit so much in your head and in the first rendition that this step is more about typos and minor tweaks than anything else. Some people prefer to go faster initially and do tons of edits on this stage. That's just up to individuals. Still, the editing MUST be done. If you think you don't need to edit extensively in at least 2 stages, you're deceiving yourself. Period.

8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you are COMPLETELY satisfied. If need be, and you're uncertain, go to someone who is proven to be a good, reliable writer and run it by them.

9) Finally, when you've done EVERYTHING in your power to refine this idea, bring it to fruition and then don't mess with it again unless it is dynamic in nature and there is REALLY good reason.

^^^Follow this basic process all good writers use (more or less) and you'll start seeing results that take your cool ideas and turn them into workable, quality finished pieces. At the time your work really screams that it's rushed (such as no capitalizing the beginning of sentences often) and not proofed. Rushing is soooooooooooo tempting with good ideas if you're a creative person, but learn to harness that creativity and put it to work instead of just running wild.

Hopefully you'll take this advice and my CnC. Again, I want to see you realize your full potential here, and being a bit harsh and critiquing sometimes is the only way to achieve that.
    First and foremost i want to point out i created this character in 2014. so everything you see is ancient by my standards today. secondly i based him off of the drunken stick character from hyun's animation of the same name. i might rework him eventually but for the point being he is just going to be around for maybe a month or two until i rework my skullwalker or come up with something new. i never did liek creating characters that would never be put into a battle. second i might take away the karate to be honest it was a bit tacked on now wasn't it. Third. i think i can rework the burps a bit or at least fix them up. Forth as for Jasmin she is a powerful fighter in her own right and one that i have written down somewhere. She and Larry fell in love during one a battle with each other and I will be showing her off to the world soon. heck i am even thinking of starting up a whole series based on my whole digger family(digkid, smallfry, Larry, and of course jasmin). The main premise would be of course stopping the skull walker aka. Their great great etc ect. grandfather. Fifth. i tried saying "A boozed burping bottle bashing brute" three times fast and well really got tongue tied. Sixth i will try to follow those guide lines.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Well, good to hear. I look forward to seeing what you do with your stories and characters!
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Well, good to hear. I look forward to seeing what you do with your stories and characters!
    me too also working on a new character he is being updated and can be seen in the proving grounds right now will have full version by tonight

BUMP!!!!!!! aslo double post but for edits.
    i have edited my current character. that is i updated a lot of stuff minorly. Thanks pitchblack. he is a joke character but he shall fight in one battle until i create my new fighter or fighters i have multiple in the works. One of which is a morally righteous lich with a skeletal army at his beck and call.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information