StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's let the laws pass, make the internet nicer!

0 0%
  • Censorship is bad, and they should feel bad.

15 62.50%
  • I'm neutral. I'll just see what happens.

9 37.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cyber "Violence": Should We Start Censoring the Web

Apparently, people are petitioning for Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn to be arrested by the FBI for breaking the Logan Act. How fun.

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Apparently, people are petitioning for Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn to be arrested by the FBI for breaking the Logan Act. How fun.
    butt w8 Azure that's harassment :^)

If breaking the law and being punished for it is harassment, then why even have laws?

Spoiler for What I've Obtained:

They're just giving them more of an excuse to play the victim card.
    Spoiler for Earnings:

I see hell in your eyes.. Escarioth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    The only reasons to complain about people being mean to you on the internet are if
    - there are credible threats involved (in which case you should be complaining to the police)
    - you're trying to garner sympathy for whatever reason (in this case, $$$$)
    - it's slander which is damaging your business or reputation
    That's wrong. The basic thing is live and let live. When someone feels marginalized to the extent that they can't comfortably exist in a space like everyone else, that's cyber-bullying. Until you've lived in someone's elses shoes you don't really have the right to tell them what they should or shouldn't find hurtful. People with physical disabilities and even people who are just born looking a certain way are mocked online all the time. If they want to post a picture online it would be nice to be able to do so without being ridiculed. They just want to be happy like everyone else.

In this regard women are certainly marginalized in the video game community - but as someone who knows how to deal with statistics, the data being presented by these women is ludicrous and manipulated to show what they want it to show. That's a common thing with the Feminist movement and it's the primary reason why I generally feel disgusted by feminists in general. They present the data they want to present and ignore - and actively censor - any contradicting information.
    "Bow low -

a God walks among you..."

Erroth, the original Violence

If breaking the law and being punished for it is harassment, then why even have laws?
    "Everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is offensive"
    -Anita Sarkeesian (not the exact quote but it went something like that.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    You'll never make it with an SP social career if you don't know who Charry is by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Escarioth View Post
    That's wrong. The basic thing is live and let live. When someone feels marginalized to the extent that they can't comfortably exist in a space like everyone else, that's cyber-bullying. Until you've lived in someone's elses shoes you don't really have the right to tell them what they should or shouldn't find hurtful. People with physical disabilities and even people who are just born looking a certain way are mocked online all the time. If they want to post a picture online it would be nice to be able to do so without being ridiculed. They just want to be happy like everyone else.

In this regard women are certainly marginalized in the video game community - but as someone who knows how to deal with statistics, the data being presented by these women is ludicrous and manipulated to show what they want it to show. That's a common thing with the Feminist movement and it's the primary reason why I generally feel disgusted by feminists in general. They present the data they want to present and ignore - and actively censor - any contradicting information.
    i didn't say they shouldn't find it hurtful. i'm saying that no amount of mean words justifies attempting to strip everybody on the internet of their free speech. shocking news: shielded by anonymity and with no feedback other than what comes from the output of their computer screen, people can say whatever they want to whoever they want. the internet is not, and has never been, a friendly or safe place because of this. that is a direct consequence of anonymous free speech: people are free to be assholes. people are also free to ignore (or, on most websites, simply block) assholes, which is a much better solution than allowing a small group of people choose what is and isn't allowed to be said about whom. or better yet, simply take a lesson from those assholes and make use your online anonymity, so it becomes impossible for you to be discriminated against.

i have absolutely no reason to believe that women are marginalized in the video game community any more than men. if anything, online gaming communities welcome women with open arms, but simply aren't experienced in interacting with them. if you log on to an MMORPG and claim to be a girl, people will shower you with free shit to try and become your friend. you already mentioned yourself that most data trying to prove that women are treated poorly is manipulated or cherry picked. the only time people are marginalized is when they are an asshole. and, thinking of these radical feminists, do you really think it's likely that such people did nothing provocative before being ostracized by those mean gamers?
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 10-05-2015 at 05:59 AM.

I don't understand why they(complaining female gamers or shit) aren't able to cope with the others(other neutral players) that play along. Sexist exists, rape exists and so on. Even males undergo through rape and abuse. Due to the physical advances males have, it makes it seem they are less likely to get bullied or stuff while females suffer more due this and that.Bleh. False as hell, there are cases and shit. The problem is how unaware they can switch the situation, may not need to be always winning. Females have an advantage as well, and they are not using it properly. Hey, this is just a fuck you to males because they(guys) are much better than them in 'everything'. They don't want to lose, in fear of losing reputation. They don't want to accept defeat. No acceptance, stubbornness.

This is bullshit, because this kind of problem is like a paradox. These things are true, but they both can't be true since it doesn't work like that. (Ex. Bittersweet, wise fool , etc) . The way they address this is toxic, but that's not entirely true either. I'm a female gamer, i haven't even gotten an insult like 'you play like girl'. They aren't even aware whom is which gender, why should you know? Many believes I'm a male due to my guy-ish username. I don't mind that, in fact i like that name. I don't see how that causes inconsideration to others, but firstly why do you even wanna know?

I can silently play and enjoy my games but, seriously those attention whores(People claiming to be females to attraction attention and so to have bias) are everywhere. 'I'm a girl' in the middle of my match. Okay. I know you're a female like me. So what?This doesn't mean you'll get an nicer match specificily for you. That's bias already. Not only that, the way they say it makes it seem we females suck and lose all the time. I'm playing enjoyable matches and stuff, i get to earn awesome stuff and deals, level up. I'm proudly hold MVP and Sharpshooter medals in ghost recons(it's on steam). That's the same for the other genders. It's the skills that are ignored, a person not used to certain things makes them suck at it. With their growing skills, they improve. Skills are supposed to be earned, there's no shortcut for fuck's sake. They don't know that they should only improve for themselves. It's the response they get that matters slightly more.

Encouragement is awesome and is a motivational force. Insults? Maybe we need to work harder. Emotionally traumatizing someone? You're a dick. We humans are ridiculous paradox. Emotions runs through us and affecting our decisions many many times without us consciously knowing (subconscious thinking). You can take this arugement and continuously pile different things together, forever. Everything is interlocked and intercrosses each other wayyy too often. People vary and are different. Society doesn't (want to) acknowledge that, they want to target large groups to benefit them or themselves. Selfish.

They(Society) ignore that the world is vauge and is unpredictable. Sum it together. Ignorant, selflessness, inconsideration, and the negative list goes on. This is my propaganda, my opinion. Opposing people are welcomed to intercept my thinkings. I kind of feel that's alright, i like to waste my time (not yours, i don't blah shit)

Edit: Potential cyber violence?! What the fuck? I play these shotting games for years and I'm not a mad man trying to kill people in real life( thanks to my environment). This already feels like they are making up excuses to stop us('children' & 'teenagers') from playing! Am i this only one who feels this way?!
    Last edited by Zendell; 10-09-2015 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Typos. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. And also my english is horrible, need to recorrect my mistake...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information