StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's let the laws pass, make the internet nicer!

0 0%
  • Censorship is bad, and they should feel bad.

15 62.50%
  • I'm neutral. I'll just see what happens.

9 37.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyber "Violence": Should We Start Censoring the Web

Professional Homosexual AwesTube's Avatar
    I feel that people should be aware of what they are getting into when they go on the internet. If they cannot accept it, don't go on.

This is getting really idiotic. Anita and Zoe need to shut the fuck up and grow up. Im so sick of seeing them complain over the internet like a couple of small children. They arent ever happy about anything.

As for the whole internet safety, Its the internet. There are barely any rules here, everyone is anonymous. So people do shit over the internet theyd obviously never do in real life. If you dont have the ability to comprehend that no one can physically harm you and this is just cyber, then you shouldnt be on the internet. Simple as that.

I try to care about this as little as possible because giving them attention only gives them what they want but honestly, fuck these people. Why do people give them money? Why do they give them attention? This kind of shit makes me sad but at the same time I know that they're never gonna get anything done. No matter how much money and how much attention they get, they're still never gonna be able to censor video games, the internet or anything like that. The backlash is just too strong.

Doesn't change the fact that these people are horrible though. Bleh.

Spoiler for Support:

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    upon yourself to crush his dreams on how the world works.
    Hurray for Drone.

twitter's new report form, ayy lmao

They should've left the highlighted bit in its own choice.

twitter can finally be a place where everyone supports your idea
    Spoiler for kankanmikan:

here's a good video relevant to the original topic

[edit] tangentially related bullshit http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/2...-online-abuse/
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 10-03-2015 at 10:18 PM.

This guy puts it together quite nicely. If you are hostile to a group, expect hostility back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    The priorities of these people are fucked are. A shirt? This man has progressed humanity far more then any radical group of feminists and they are fucken concerned over a shirt? Is there some unwritten law that I am missing here? Is a woman being raped or abused on sleeve or something? I guess he should start wearing a shirt covered with women in full burqas because skin is so offensive now a days. You want to be true feminists? Do something useful and raise awareness for parts of the world where women are being oppressed. But oh no, that would place you at too much personal risk and would ruin your first world life style. Target the low hanging fruit I say. Scratch the itch and ignore the severed limb.

These people are drawing their own conclusions on innocuous things and by screaming it loudly enough they force others to accept their delusion.
    Last edited by En; 10-03-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    Spoiler for Earnings:

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    This guy puts it together quite nicely. If you are hostile to a group, expect hostility back.

The priorities of these people are fucked are. A shirt? This man has progressed humanity far more then any radical group of feminists and they are fucken concerned over a shirt? Is there some unwritten law that I am missing here? Is a woman being raped or abused on sleeve or something? I guess he should start wearing a shirt covered with women in full burqas because skin is so offensive now a days. You want to be true feminists? Do something useful and raise awareness for parts of the world where women are being oppressed. But oh no, that would place you at too much personal risk and would ruin your first world life style. Target the low hanging fruit I say. Scratch the itch and ignore the severed limb.

These people are drawing their own conclusions on innocuous things and by screaming it loudly enough they force others to accept their delusion.
    note: 13:37 for the relevant sections of the video

yeah, sargon's pretty good. i find his videos drag on a bit much for me though

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information